Frumpy The Clown

Just a Word of Encouragement...

Stick a machete in this Muffin, it's done. They can always change their minds, but seems extremely doubtful. I honestly hope if Wes really cares about the game he will release the source if they come out on the winning side of the lawsuit. That way the community can keep the game alive in some form or another. 

• Like 2

If the lawsuit goes in Sean's favor, I don't see why they can't go ahead and release Jason X and Grendel and then have that be the last DLC of the game. It's literally already finished or at least partially finished. If the lawsuit goes in their favor, it would be foolish to never release that 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

release the source if they come out on the winning side of the lawsuit. That way the community can keep the game alive in some form or another. 

I've suggested this a few times, but I can't see it happening, I'd be willing to bet whatever their next project is will use a lot of the code from this game, and they won't want it out in the wild.

15 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Thanks @Truth and @AdmiralJT for understanding what I was too lazy to convey. 

@Matt6sic6 @zmccain I feel you guys. I really do. You both have very well detailed the emotion for some of us die hard Jason/Friday the 13th fans. I remember growing up with these movies. Watching marathons on TV with my mom and siblings. Anybody remember the promos when it marathoned on TNN? 

The sound quality is shite, but man those promos were awesome. And of course Joe Bob Briggs with MonsterVision. Would stay up late watching Friday the 13th with my older brother when it was aired. Good times. 

Monstervision was awesome! Joe Bob Briggs was the perfect host, man those were the days.

Edit: Not sure how or why this posted twice. But I have a feeling it has to do with how crappy the mobile version of the site runs.

5 hours ago, Matt6sic6 said:

Calm down. I wasn't spreading false hope. Hell, Wes' questionable response wasn't even posted until today. Calm down. If you're so sensitive about the idea of hope, get help. A positive outlook is nothing to scoff at. I think Wes is saying the game is dead officially. I accept that. But until he actually said that just today, my "spreading of hope" was neither malicious nor in poor judgement. Your pessimistic outlook got what you wanted - there was no chance apparently. Enjoy that outlook of yours for the rest of your life, because not only will you get what you want, just like me, you may go to such lengths as to make it happen. 

55 minutes ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

Calm down. I wasn't spreading false hope. Hell, Wes' questionable response wasn't even posted until today. Calm down. If you're so sensitive about the idea of hope, get help. A positive outlook is nothing to scoff at. I think Wes is saying the game is dead officially. I accept that. But until he actually said that just today, my "spreading of hope" was neither malicious nor in poor judgement. Your pessimistic outlook got what you wanted - there was no chance apparently. Enjoy that outlook of yours for the rest of your life, because not only will you get what you want, just like me, you may go to such lengths as to make it happen. 

I think what we need to hope for is good patches and good servers.

1 hour ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

I post one exclamation point and you make it sound like I'm screaming like Alex Jones.

47 minutes ago, Matt6sic6 said:

I post one exclamation point and you make it sound like I'm screaming like Alex Jones.

No, you called it "false hope." I honestly didn't notice your exclamation point. But now that you mention it... if it rejects the idea of hope like a duck and punctuates like a duck... you are duck.

2 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

To be fair, the first press release made it obvious that no content would be coming now or in the future. Then the wording on the end of content post on the official site reiterated that. I get people trying to stay positive, but the answer has been there since the first press release last week. I am not being pessimistic, just looking at what was said then versus now, and it is nothing different or anymore clear than the first PR. I think people should have accepted it when it first broke, and instead of constantly asking about content, and uber (who they said after first PR is not coming any longer) should have been hammering them over the ability to save client side versus server. Because when the servers DO go down (because it is inevitable) we will be stuck with a SP demo where our level and unlocks will not mean anything.

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

To be fair, the first press release made it obvious that no content would be coming now or in the future. Then the wording on the end of content post on the official site reiterated that. I get people trying to stay positive, but the answer has been there since the first press release last week. I am not being pessimistic, just looking at what was said then versus now, and it is nothing different or anymore clear than the first PR. I think people should have accepted it when it first broke, and instead of constantly asking about content, and uber (who they said after first PR is not coming any longer) should have been hammering them over the ability to save client side versus server. Because when the servers DO go down (because it is inevitable) we will be stuck with a SP demo where our level and unlocks will not mean anything.

Perhaps I did misunderstand originally what was communicated by the developers. I understood it to mean that they were holding off on new content "for an unknown or unspecified" amount of time. To me "indefinitely" means just that. In fact, it DOES mean just that. This is a fault on the original announcer's part then. They should have said, in plain English, something to the extent of, "ANY and ALL future content has been canceled for good." "Indefinitely" is NOT the correct word to use. It IS usually used to mean a more negative outcome but really that again is the improper use.

If anyone was unintentionally spreading "false hope," it would be the person that posted the content cancelation news originally. It also speaks to the general growing ignorance of our world. Oh well. This game had so much potential.

1 hour ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

Perhaps I did misunderstand originally what was communicated by the developers. I understood it to mean that they were holding off on new content "for an unknown or unspecified" amount of time. To me "indefinitely" means just that. In fact, it DOES mean just that. This is a fault on the original announcer's part then. They should have said, in plain English, something to the extent of, "ANY and ALL future content has been canceled for good." "Indefinitely" is NOT the correct word to use. It IS usually used to mean a more negative outcome but really that again is the improper use.

If anyone was unintentionally spreading "false hope," it would be the person that posted the content cancelation news originally. It also speaks to the general growing ignorance of our world. Oh well. This game had so much potential.

"We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future."

That was from the first initial press release I think many just didn't want to believe it. No ill-intent here, not bashing or being mean and you may not have seen this one as it was on bloody-disgusting before here. But now that the news has had time to sink, people are still asking questions about the "future content" instead of focusing on things like client side saves and how long the servers will be supported, things only a few have asked and gotten no answers about.

I did not see that one. I don't check Bloody at all. The one I saw was on Steam. It said "Indefinite." Still on the announcer's hands seeing as they needed to get their press releases straight.

22 minutes ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

I did not see that one. I don't check Bloody at all. The one I saw was on Steam. It said "Indefinite." Still on the announcer's hands seeing as they needed to get their press releases straight.

Oh, it is definitely on their hands. They should have broke the news here first, and clear. And the way you were posting, versus others clued me in on the fact you may not have seen that initial release. Most of us caught it after someone saw the article and shared it here on the forums. Then a day later we got something from the guys up top here. Completely unprofessional in my opinion, but hey what can I say. And I definitely also agree on the fact that the game had so much potential at one time.

19 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Monstervision was awesome! Joe Bob Briggs was the perfect host, man those were the days.

Edit: Not sure how or why this posted twice. But I have a feeling it has to do with how crappy the mobile version of the site runs.

I had heard something about him doing a movie marathon of the classic drive-in movies on Shudder.

Definitely miss him and old Monstervision on TNT. Sigh... the good years. 

I wonder how long this lawsuit has actually affected the game. How lomg have they known? 

19 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

If the lawsuit goes in Sean's favor, I don't see why they can't go ahead and release Jason X and Grendel and then have that be the last DLC of the game. It's literally already finished or at least partially finished. If the lawsuit goes in their favor, it would be foolish to never release that 

This wouldn't actually matter. The lawsuit is more about who owns what and consequently who gets paid what based on the rights they hold. Either way, they'd both want the game to make money because they'd both be making money. 

I've yet to find anything about this regarding F13 Killer Puzzle. There's no mention of the lawsuit on their web page. It must not affect that game. 

Not to say there's nothing out there, I just haven't come cross it yet.

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

This wouldn't actually matter. The lawsuit is more about who owns what and consequently who gets paid what based on the rights they hold. Either way, they'd both want the game to make money because they'd both be making money. 

I've yet to find anything about this regarding F13 Killer Puzzle. There's no mention of the lawsuit on their web page. It must not affect that game. 

Not to say there's nothing out there, I just haven't come cross it yet. 

I think they said it that they are kinda affected by it as an Twitter Response.

17 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

No, you called it "false hope." I honestly didn't notice your exclamation point. But now that you mention it... if it rejects the idea of hope like a duck and punctuates like a duck... you are duck.

Yet you kept telling me to "calm down" as if I were anything but, but whatever that's beside the point... You DID spread false hope whether you realized it or not. You sat right here, in this very thread, and told people in plain black and white English that content would return once the lawsuit was over and presented it as if it were fact, when in reality the Dev's had not said anything of the sort. You spread false information without realizing it. If you had taken a moment and used actual logic you would have come to the conclusion that developers aren't going to sit and wait for an unknown amount of time while not getting paid to bring content to something that's essentially dead in the water when they don't benefit from any of it.

5 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think they said it that they are kinda affected by it as an Twitter Response.

Here's their official response on their steam discussion board. They're affected in the exact same way Gun is.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/795100/discussions/0/1697175413691917493/

5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I had heard something about him doing a movie marathon of the classic drive-in movies on Shudder.

Definitely miss him and old Monstervision on TNT. Sigh... the good years. 

I wonder how long this lawsuit has actually affected the game. How lomg have they known? 

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusive

They've known at least since July of last year, and even said back then that the lawsuit wouldn't affect the game, and yet it did.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:02 AM, Frumpy The Clown said:

Dear Developers,

This goes out to my fellow players of F13. Don't lose hope and don't give up. This legal matter will be resolved and I hope that when it does, we will get more content for our favorite game. I see a lot of people on Steam and even here not understand what "indefinitely" means. It just means for an unspecified amount of time. All the developers are saying is they are "holding back on" not canceling entirely any and all new content. Just be patient. Have faith in the system.

To the Developers, I am still behind you. Yes there are some bugs that NEED to be addressed but I haven't given up on you. I still play regularly and still enjoy. I still report cheaters and exploiters and hate them when they cheat and exploit. I understand the circumstances you are in and can sympathize. I hope this legal stuff can be resolved soon for all our sakes. Because once it is, this will draw attention again to the idea of a new F13 movie and that will bring in loads of new players.

Keep it up, Developers, your game is worth it. I look forward to the first-of-many bug patches and the future-content-patch-to-be.

THIS.………………………………………...GAME...…………………………………………...IS...……………………………………..DEAD...……………………………….PERIOD...……………………………….END...……………………………...OF...………………………………..STORY...………………………………….

On 6/21/2018 at 2:18 PM, deathbat96777 said:

You know why you didn't get Jason X? Because that would spark interest and get the player base back up to 10000 again, and thats not the agenda here. The agenda isn't to prolong the game, its to END the game.