Dear Developers,

This goes out to my fellow players of F13. Don't lose hope and don't give up. This legal matter will be resolved and I hope that when it does, we will get more content for our favorite game. I see a lot of people on Steam and even here not understand what "indefinitely" means. It just means for an unspecified amount of time. All the developers are saying is they are "holding back on" not canceling entirely any and all new content. Just be patient. Have faith in the system.

To the Developers, I am still behind you. Yes there are some bugs that NEED to be addressed but I haven't given up on you. I still play regularly and still enjoy. I still report cheaters and exploiters and hate them when they cheat and exploit. I understand the circumstances you are in and can sympathize. I hope this legal stuff can be resolved soon for all our sakes. Because once it is, this will draw attention again to the idea of a new F13 movie and that will bring in loads of new players.

Keep it up, Developers, your game is worth it. I look forward to the first-of-many bug patches and the future-content-patch-to-be.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Alrighty, thread's open again. Nearly everything from that second post onward has been off-topic so I've removed a lot of it. Let's keep to the thread's topic.

• Thanks 4

I agree. I like playing the game. This lawsuit blows over I would love to see new content. I would like to see the dedicated servers for console and bug fixes too. I would like to see that stuff happen.

• Like 1

Pretty, pretty please, bug fixes and servers.

It's only over when we stop trying to make it better.

I am playing right now and it is a mess (Xbox). When working this is probably my favorite multiplayer game. Get the servers out then start patching the crap out of this.

Isn't there already a topic like this? Like "We're still here"?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Alrighty, thread's open again. Nearly everything from that second post onward has been off-topic so I've removed a lot of it. Let's keep to the thread's topic.

You have been one hell of a worker bear this week. 😁

24 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Isn't there already a topic like this? Like "We're still here"?

It would've fit pretty well there, but some people want their opinions more accessible.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

It would've fit pretty well there, but some people want their opinions more accessible.

If this was a complaint or bug report it would be merged, but it's ok to have  as many of these encouragement threads as people are willing to start.

Gotta keep up appearances.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

If this was a complaint or bug report it would be merged, but it's ok to have  as many of these encouragement threads as people are willing to start.

Gotta keep up appearances.

I have no problem with it. Reading what I said I could see how it gave you that impression though.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I have no problem with it. Reading what I said I could see how it gave you that impression though.

No I didn't figure you did I just used it as an opportunity to point out the obvious. It makes sense, the mods and devs are trying everything they can to save face in the wake of what's been happening lately. I just feel like the same tactic to make things look good (having multiple positive threads), could have been used to get things fixed. Merging multiple threads about the same problems makes it look like there isn't as big a problem, while allowing multiple positive threads to exist gives the impression that everything is great.

I doubt any content will ever be added to this game. Lawsuits take years and this will probably extend beyond the life of this game. However, no new content doesn’t bother me that much. I’ve been 150 on pc and ps4 for awhile now. The gameplay and experience are what keep me playing.

The only thing that worries me is that the devs will probably leave this game in a near unplayable state. Every single patch has broken the game in a new way and even though I want to believe otherwise, we have no reason to expect the next patch to be different. That’s if we get a patch at all.

I agree we must all look forward to the future of this game, as we must look forward to our own futures.

Kindest Regards,

Anne Frank,

Berlin 1945

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shifty's post today makes me a little more optimistic. 

13 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

Dear Developers,

This goes out to my fellow players of F13. Don't lose hope and don't give up. This legal matter will be resolved and I hope that when it does, we will get more content for our favorite game. I see a lot of people on Steam and even here not understand what "indefinitely" means. It just means for an unspecified amount of time. All the developers are saying is they are "holding back on" not canceling entirely any and all new content. Just be patient. Have faith in the system.

To the Developers, I am still behind you. Yes there are some bugs that NEED to be addressed but I haven't given up on you. I still play regularly and still enjoy. I still report cheaters and exploiters and hate them when they cheat and exploit. I understand the circumstances you are in and can sympathize. I hope this legal stuff can be resolved soon for all our sakes. Because once it is, this will draw attention again to the idea of a new F13 movie and that will bring in loads of new players.

Keep it up, Developers, your game is worth it. I look forward to the first-of-many bug patches and the future-content-patch-to-be.

I've been VERY angry at the whole situation and have lashed out on multiple forms of online social media. I'm mad, I'm hurt, and feel like we as a whole have been dicked around a LOT over this last year. Having that said, I WANT to believe what you're thinking. I want new content to return at a later date more than anyone once this whole petty ass lawsuit debacle is finished. But you have got to face facts buddy, this game has been on life support for ages now, and the only thing keeping it afloat was new content and hope. I am a DIEHARD Friday fan. I have in my possession countless pieces of memorabilia, I've stood in 5 different Jason actor's presence, and have talked to Richard Brooker on the phone. I am 37 years old and saw my first Friday film when I was a little over a year old (I know, great parenting right?) - bottom line, this franchise has been my life for nearly 4 decades. It is my childhood. I've seen all the highs and lows the series has ever faced, it is part of who I am as a person... but this game is over dude. I keep reading exactly what you've said from multiple people - but you know who I haven't heard it from? The Dev's. Until one of the Dev's themselves says publicly and officially that new content will return if Sean Cunningham wins this case, I won't believe a word of it. Because until we hear a DEV say those words, all it is is a fan spreading false hope. I mean let's be real here man, Illfonic isn't going to sit on their hands and wait until hell freezes over to release us a promise. This case could last 1, 2, 3 or more years. That's an awful long time to sit and wait without getting paid. New copies of the game aren't being sold. Right this second there are only 353 people in-game on Steam. So stop fooling yourself man. The longer the case goes on it's even more unlikely that what you're suggesting and hoping for would even be a possibility. But don't get me wrong, I WANT this game to come back to life just like Jason Voorhees has in every film he's been in... but I'm not going to hold my breath, and you shouldn't either. If you ever wondered truly how to kill Jason Voorhees, this is it, this is how.

• Like 1

Matt6sic6 touches on something that I think is very important in regards to the anger and dismay at the state of this game.  I just turned 40 this year and I've been a huge Friday the 13th fan since I was a little kid.  I've always wanted a game where you could play as Jason and one that was faithful to the films.  Needless to say I had to wait 30+ years for such a game to appear.  When I first got this game it was a dream come true.  So to see it in such an unplayable state, riddled with bugs, embarrassing glitches, and devs who seem uninterested or unwilling to fix the issues it makes me angry.  And I don't think I or Matt6sic6 are alone.  If this was any other game I would just abandon it and move on to something else.  But like I said, I had to wait 30+ years for a game like this.  It's not like there are other Friday the 13th games out there or even any to be produced in the foreseeable future.  As fans this is all we have.  I imagine many players are in the same boat as Matt6sic6 and I and that is why emotions are hot and people are on edge about the state of this game.  Again, if it was any other game we would have moved on by now.  It really says something about people's love for Jason that we would play such a shoddy game and continue to care about it.  So we're still here, as fans, and are hoping for the best.

Ive enjoyed playing this game a lot, I hope with the new fixes we get some of the better players back.  Recently i've played with the dumbest people i've ever encountered and its quite frustrating.  

Thanks @Truth and @AdmiralJT for understanding what I was too lazy to convey. 

@Matt6sic6 @zmccain I feel you guys. I really do. You both have very well detailed the emotion for some of us die hard Jason/Friday the 13th fans. I remember growing up with these movies. Watching marathons on TV with my mom and siblings. Anybody remember the promos when it marathoned on TNN? 

The sound quality is shite, but man those promos were awesome. And of course Joe Bob Briggs with MonsterVision. Would stay up late watching Friday the 13th with my older brother when it was aired. Good times. 

• Like 1

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3505629/will-friday-13th-game-ever-get-new-content-news-bad/

See! What did I say earlier? Don't spread false hope Frumpy.

I hope they eventually come to an agreement where they can release Paranoia, Jason X, and Grendel. Let that be the grand finale for the game.