I was wondering if anybody has a particular build they use for demasking Jason? If so why do you use those perks?

Basically what @Methodicalize said...

Epic Thrasher, sucker punch, and slugger on Buggzy, Chad, Vanessa, Adam, or Fox.

Use axe or machete to demask.

• Thanks 1

Thrasher, slugger, swift attacker. Sucker punch gives bonus to stun chance, but stun does hardly any damage. For damask you want all attack damage perks, with slugger you start with a baseball bat. So you have a great stun weapon to keep Jason off you, until you find an axe for your thrasher perk. Adam and Fox are best if you wanna fix things, and of course Fox is a great sweater girl. Buggzy is the best (Other than Tommy) But, Bugz is terrible at repairs. Ditch the bat for an axe asap, and try hitting Combat Stance heavy attack for a bonus 50% to damage. If you can do that, you can drop the mask in 2-3 hits with anyone with a 7 or higher strength.

38 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I was wondering if anybody has a particular build they use for demasking Jason? If so why do you use those perks?

All you really need is a epic Slugger for the damage buffs on Bugzy.  Will demask any Jason with one heavy swing.  Personal, I don't think its worth it, as almost any counselor with respectable strength will easily Demask Jason with a Machete.

8 minutes ago, Methodicalize said:

Thrasher, Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker on Buggzy with an axe.

That's kinda counter-productive to have a stun buff when you rather not have stuns for the damage.  The only chance you'll guaranteed damage is right when Jason recovers from a knockdown stun where he is stun invulnerable.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Buggzy is the best (Other than Tommy) But, Bugz is terrible at repairs. Ditch the bat for an axe asap, and try hitting Combat Stance heavy attack for a bonus 50% to damage. If you can do that, you can drop the mask in 2-3 hits with anyone with a 7 or higher strength.

This is the reason why I prefer to run with ether Adam or Fox when I want to play Kamakazi Counselor.  Because I mainly I've been solo recently, there is times I need to repair a generator to make the Tommy call, I'd rather not relay on a Bugyz to repair it, lol.  Fox is nice in case Jason already killed 2 players and I now need to switch to be a Sweater girl.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Methodicalize said:

Thrasher, Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker on Buggzy with an axe.

Damage on stuns =  3/5 damage with axe from 10 Strength counselor. Low strength will net you about 2 damage.

Thrasher = damage increase only on axe which has high stun chance. You can break axes and still not demask Jason.

Sucker Punch = increase to stun chance. Sucker basically turns axe into a bat. 

This is entirely the wrong build for demasking. All you need is an epic Slugger which will add +25% damage to all weapons. A Buggzy with Slugger and a machete (the only reliable weapon for demask due to high dmg / low stun chance) will one shot demask a -Def Jason on a heavy hit. A machete heavy hit even without Slugger already does 80% damage with 10 Str.

Slugger + Potent Ranger should one shot demask any Jason with Tommy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Damage on stuns =  3/5 damage with axe from 10 Strength counselor. Low strength will net you about 2 damage.

Thrasher = damage increase only on axe which has high stun chance. You can break axes and still not demask Jason.

This is entirely the wrong build for demasking. All you need is an epic Slugger which will add +25% damage to all weapons. A Buggzy with Slugger and a machete (the only reliable weapon for demask due to high dmg / low stun chance) will one shot demask a -Def Jason on a heavy hit. A machete heavy hit even without Slugger already does 80% damage with 10 Str.

So, slugger with swift attacker? If you lose damage then not good, mine has a 0% to damage so I didn't think about that. But if they have one with even a -1 is it worth it? And good stuff about the thrasher perk, with sucker in essence you have a bat. So just say Slugger, and maybe Thick skin and medic?

Machetes are more common than axes, so Swift Attacker, Potent Ranger, and Slugger, assuming you have little or no negative for each one, and your concern is only for demasking Jason and not surviving.

14 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Considering I can take Jason's mask off in 1-2 hits with a machete or axe without any fighting perks with Buggzy at times.. Seems logical. Good try tho.

4 hours ago, Methodicalize said:

Considering I can take Jason's mask off in 1-2 hits with a machete or axe without any fighting perks with Buggzy at times.. Seems logical. Good try tho.

As usual you ignore the facts and things that have been tested extensively. Re-read what I posted. Buggzy will do 80% damage on 1 heavy hit with machete without perks.  If normal Def Jason has taken even 20% damage before that then yes he could be one shotted, or if a -Def has taken 10% since that is the difference in health between them.

It would take 1 minute of controlled testing for you to find this out for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Methodicalize said:

Bugzy is way more likely to break the axe before the damask as he only get 2 swings out if it.  Even if one stuns, the mask isn't coming off with at axe (but you'd still do considerable damage off the hit that didn't stun).  Heck, I've even broken Machete with Bugzy before demask from time to time.

15 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

So, slugger with swift attacker? If you lose damage then not good, mine has a 0% to damage so I didn't think about that. But if they have one with even a -1 is it worth it? And good stuff about the thrasher perk, with sucker in essence you have a bat. So just say Slugger, and maybe Thick skin and medic?

Personally, the damage boost in general isn't worth it.  Demask with any counselor with 7 strength and higher is extremely easy given you are skilled and/or you have back up.  After any knockdown stun, Jason has stun immunity after recovery, but not damage, so you can score free damage off of it. 

Vanessa with the fire poker worked earlier tonight and I don't think he had much damage when it happened.

43 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Bugzy is way more likely to break the axe before the damask as he only get 2 swings out if it.  Even if one stuns, the mask isn't coming off with at axe (but you'd still do considerable damage off the hit that didn't stun).  Heck, I've even broken Machete with Bugzy before demask from time to time.

Exactly. Axe only does 75% off a non-stun heavy hit and that’s with 10 Str. So on a full HP Jason you would still need 2 hits, and that’s if you’re lucky since axe is very likely to stun. I’ve seen 4 axes break on Jason and still not demask him.

The best demask method is still the Cosby sweater technique / demasking during sweater stun with Tommy, since demasking Jason any earlier is likely to make him oceanman the match or generally make him harder to catch for the kill.

Slugger is good as to have an extra bat laying around for the stun later. 

5 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Slugger is good as to have an extra bat laying around for the stun later. 

Yeah unfortunately it has a “fixed” weapon durability. Slugger bat will always break after 3 hits, regardless of Luck stat.

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Yeah unfortunately it has a “fixed” weapon durability. Slugger bat will always break after 3 hits, regardless of Luck stat.

True. Hopefully you don't need 3 to bring Jason to his knees though lol. 

12 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

As usual you ignore the facts and things that have been tested extensively. Re-read what I posted. Buggzy will do 80% damage on 1 heavy hit with machete without perks.  If normal Def Jason has taken even 20% damage before that then yes he could be one shotted, or if a -Def has taken 10% since that is the difference in health between them.

It would take 1 minute of controlled testing for you to find this out for yourself.

As normal, you can quit going out of your way to quote me too as you can probably tell I don't care too much for what you have to say.
Especially when you tag me specifically and out of the blue, I have no desire to interact with you. So, save it.

7 minutes ago, Methodicalize said:

As normal, you can quit going out of your way to quote me too as you can probably tell I don't care too much for what you have to say.
Especially when you tag me specifically and out of the blue, I have no desire to interact with you. So, save it.

Of course you don’t care, you are happy to be a scrub after all. Despite your thousands of hours.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Of course you don’t care, you are happy to be a scrub after all. Despite your thousands of hours.

What part of stop quoting me, do you not understand?...

I believe I'm more accomplished as a player than you'll ever dream of being, despite your "educated research".

I simply listed a good build that will both stun Jason to hold him off and also help demask in the process.

Stop quoting me, if you can comprehend what I write.

18 minutes ago, Methodicalize said:

What part of stop quoting me, do you not understand?...

I believe I'm more accomplished as a player than you'll ever dream of being, despite your "educated research".

I simply listed a good build that will both stun Jason to hold him off and also help demask in the process.

Stop quoting me, if you can comprehend what I write.

If you want me to stop quoting you, then simply stop posting. Misinformation aggravates me and that’s exactly what you’re spreading. I’ve seen your streams and you are really not as accomplished as you think. I could put together a group right now that would destroy you. Mx, Tech, Wiz etc would kick your ass back to humble town.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

If you want me to stop quoting you, then simply stop posting. Misinformation aggravates me and that’s exactly what you’re spreading. I’ve seen your streams and you are really not as accomplished as you think. I could put together a group right now that would destroy you.

Well considering Thrasher does increased damage while using an axe.. Buggzy with a 10 strength.
Sucker punch for increased chance of stuns and swift attacker for quicker attacking.

Logical that attacking Jason will have a good chance at demasking.

And yea, I'd assume anyone who relies on exploits would have better chances at surviving than a typical player out there in the community.

Again, if you consider me as weak than it just speaks volumes as to your abilities as a player.

Maybe the difference with you and I is that I do all my work as a solo guy, I don't rely on anyone and don't need a crutch to prop me up.

Keep yacking, plenty of people know who I am and my ability... So, your words are meaningless to me considering you are just another nobody out there.