The Tommy

Upcoming Friday the 13th in July

Since this upcoming July Friday the 13th will be the last Friday the 13th of the year and over a year before the next, I'm curious if anybody wants to do something special for it. 

I'm usually up for playing after work on Friday the 13th, even with the state the game is in. I'll be on, probably about 5-6 till who knows when. We'll have to get some games in.

I'm taking Vacation starting that week, we are actually going to the lake to camp. This wasn't planned because of Friday the 13th, it's just the weekend we go every year.

Yeah a golden opportunity that's going to be missed. It would have been a perfect time to give us more maps and Jason X. Cunningham should be complaining to the judge right now that he needs a swift decision because he's losing out on more money the longer this drags on.

I'll be in Arizona for a horror con. Kane Hodder's doing Savini and Retro Jason photo ops that weekend.

• Like 1

I was planning a Friday the 13th themed cookout for that weekend, but after the news about the game was announced, I scrapped it. Now I'm planning a Halloween inspired party in honor of the movie coming out in October.

• Like 1

To answers ops questions I'm just gonna binge watch Friday the 13th movies like i always do on that date while praying for a swift resolution to this whole mess.

I always watch a Friday the 13th movie on a Friday the 13th... Its like a holiday after all. If there is a long enough time between Friday the 13ths I may even marathon a few of them... probably just one this time though. But I will find my way into a few games at least... 
   Many of my friends head to Port Dover for the Rally they hold every Friday the 13th... but I was never much into motorcycles myself... So I stay home and watch a movie... outside (when the weather permits) with beer.
   A friend recently informed me that Steam has an app with which you can run a game on your main computer and stream it to (and play it on) another computer, while the main computer carries the processor load... Perhaps I will start playing the game outside as well on my laptop... if it does not create extra lag for online play. I have not tested it yet.

I'm almost certain that Uber Jason and Grendel were slated for release this day. I might watch Jason X as sort of a way to part ways with what might have been.

Watching all the friday the 13th films.

I do it for ever Friday the 13th.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Watching all the friday the 13th films.

I do it for ever Friday the 13th.

That's awesome, glad i'm not the only one that does this tradition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jasonlives4ever said:

Its a crime if you don't...

Friday the 13th is Jasons day, and if you don't celebrate it.

As Kane Hodder said:

"I'll kill you and your entire family". ;)

I'm going to watch Jason X while holding my controller and pretending I'm playing the Grendel map. Whilst softly weeping alone in my room.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hell Toupee said:

I'm going to watch Jason X while holding my controller and pretending I'm playing the Grendel map. Whilst softly weeping alone in my room.

Same, except i'll be crying hard...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'll be on. I assume it'll be my last play session for a long, long time.

It'll be bitter sweet.

4 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Oh no, you are not. Watching at least some of the movies is always on my to do list for Ft13th. If I want to try and marathon them all, I'll have to make a weekend of it. I'm also thinking about playing the NES Friday the 13th as well in honor of the holiday. 

I'll probably try and be on for this game too, but I feel like I'll be sharing @lHeartBreakerl sentiments if they haven't rolled out at least one bug fix patch by then. 

My love of the franchise goes beyond this game. It was around before it, and it will remain after it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I'm likely gonna make Jason memes as I'm dressed up as Jason.

I am looking forward to this! :JasonPt6:

Just now, The Tommy said:

I am looking forward to this! :JasonPt6:

Haha my Facebook Page is the same as my username you can see a lot of some of my original made memes.

Factoid : I saw the 2009 reboot on Friday the 13th and NJPW intercontinental champion Chris Jericho sat next to me!

13 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Oh no, you are not. Watching at least some of the movies is always on my to do list for Ft13th. If I want to try and marathon them all, I'll have to make a weekend of it. I'm also thinking about playing the NES Friday the 13th as well in honor of the holiday. 

I'll probably try and be on for this game too, but I feel like I'll be sharing @lHeartBreakerl sentiments if they haven't rolled out at least one bug fix patch by then. 

My love of the franchise goes beyond this game. It was around before it, and it will remain after it. 

Good stuff, I always run a marathon of all of them in order on the day. I bring out the TV in my bedroom to the livingroom, so I can watch and play at the same time. And no doubt I was a fan long before the game, and will remain so. Hell, they'll probably bury me in my part 3 mask! Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Good stuff, I always run a marathon of all of them in order on the day. I bring out the TV in my bedroom to the livingroom, so I can watch and play at the same time. And no doubt I was a fan long before the game, and will remain so. Hell, they'll probably bury me in my part 3 mask! Lol

Nice. I did some watching and playing last Friday the 13th. Was pretty cool just to look over and have a marathon going on. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Nice. I did some watching and playing last Friday the 13th. Was pretty cool just to look over and have a marathon going on. 

I'm pretty proud of my setup, I have a 20" that fits just right on my coffee table. I can watch the movies, and not miss a thing in game. It's fun!