Sign in to follow this  
Broccoli

Does anyone lose ability to go through windows, pick up items on Xbox One?

I play as Vanessa all the time. I like to slow down Jason vs trying g to fix things. So I set lots of traps behind locked cabin doors, try to protect other counselors, will hit Jason, draw his attention etc. 

I find that since the engine update, and even after the patch not long ago.. around midway through the match or later, I suddenly lose the ability to pick items/weapons up, and can’t open/close doors, or go through windows. It’s like I’ve lost the “A” button entirely. 

If I am standing over an item. I will see the prompt to pick up the item, or go through the window, etc... but the game doesn’t recognize that I’m pressing the button at all. I usually last long into the final minutes of most matches, and I can say this is happening around %50 of the time for me. 

It sucks because if I am in a cabin with closed doors, I am stuck in there until Jason or another counselor open a door up. If I am the last counselor fighting Jason, it’s basically the end since you can’t really escape and your stamina just runs out.

I don’t see anything specific that triggers it. I can have hit Jason several times, my weapon breaks, and suddenly I can’t pick up ANYTHING. first aids from previous fallen counselors, or weapons, or anything. I’ve had it where I was fighting Jason, he grabs me, I use a pocket knife to escape, and surprise, I can’t pick up anything once again . I’ve had it where I haven’t even encountered Jason- I drop my weapon in a cabin, so I can set up a bear trap for the 5th time, and I go back to the bat or axe I dropped- nope. I go in the water and back out, or duck, or use emotes to try to “break” the freeze- nothing helps. Jason can  grab me and I get away, it still won’t reset. This is the most frustrating thing and I end up quitting the match sometimes because it is an utter waste of time, and really quite frustrating. 

I end up accumulating “salt” for this, but it doesn’t matter. I’m not continuing a match where I am completely handicapped and unable to do anything. 

This is on Xbox One, happens very frequently to me, and only has happened since the engine update last month. The only thing I can say is, I pick up and drop items like mad each game, and out of no where the “A” button function disappears entirely. 

Is this happening to other folks, or am I one of the isolated in this experience? 

Also, can’t hear any other players talking at all. I’ll have the walkie-talkie, can see their name pop up to indicate that they are speaking, but can’t hear anything. Every game. That is 100% gone since the new engine for me. 

This sounds like the interaction lock out bug.  Crouch and then hit the swing button and you should be able to operate as normal again. Works with or without a weapon. 

It's been an issue for a few patches now. I was experiencing it back in October and reported it through Jasonkillsbugs.com, but nothing ever came of it clearly. 

10 hours ago, Broccoli said:

Also, can’t hear any other players talking at all. I’ll have the walkie-talkie, can see their name pop up to indicate that they are speaking, but can’t hear anything. Every game. That is 100% gone since the new engine for me. 

Plug in some headphones. For some reason game chat only works if you have a headset/headphones plugged in.

As for the original issue, usually getting hit will fix it. Also try @Maddogg_8121's suggestion. Never tried it myself, but I will next time.

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Plug in some headphones. For some reason game chat only works if you have a headset/headphones plugged in.

As for the original issue, usually getting hit will fix it. Also try @Maddogg_8121's suggestion. Never tried it myself, but I will next time.

It works on PS4.  I've become quite proficient in using it since the x prompt lock out happens just about every match now.  Should work just the same on Xbox. 

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Sure as hell do experience it bud! Classic Friday the 13th the Game. Waka waka waka

Yeah, The classic bug that should've already been fixed by now...

I've expirenced it as well.

4 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah, The classic but that should've already been fixed by now...

I've expirenced it as well.

Should have been fixed last year, not gotten worse. Neither here nor there though

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Should have been fixed last year, not gotten worse. Neither here nor there though

True, it should have been fixed last year.

But don't worry! I'm sure this bug will be fixed in the "next" update...

• Haha 2

I get it on PS too. I think I've had it happen to every counselor now and definetly Tommy a few times. That's when it's most embarrassing. 

"Don't worry guys! Tommy is here to ... stand around and stare at you.."