RadikalGamer

Poll on more mainstream horror titles from the devs.

Who wants to see the Gun/Illfonic/Devs make another good mainstream horror title like Friday the 13th the game?  

103 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wants to see the Gun/Illfonic make another good horror title like Friday the 13th the game?

• I think that would be a great Idea, I love the game and I want to see more horror games like this, mainstream horror titles like this one.
    • I am not really interested in that happening at this point in time.
    • Undecided.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2018 at 08:03 AM

Not by them. Hopefully a AAA developer will pay attention to how successful this game WAS and will produce one.

• Thanks 1

Alright, I'm baffled by this and I'm sincerely asking for input - how is this poll sitting 8/11 right at the moment? 

Lawsuit aside, it's irrelevant, I'm thinking in terms of technical problems - since launch and following every update the game has been plagued with bugs - game breaking bugs - that seemingly get worse with each change. 

Why on earth would anyone look at that and think, "Hey, maybe they should get a second title going!"

Not trying to be inflammatory here, I'm sincerely asking the "Yes" folks because I literally cannot comprehend that answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I love the game, bugs and all. Hoping that the devs can concentrate 100% on bugs now that the lawsuit has put the kibosh on any new content for now.

I don't care about a Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street game. I wanted a Friday the 13th game, and I finally got it.

That said, if you hate the game, why play it? Why post here? Wash your hands of it and be done. The insane negativity here is getting old. Yes,there are bugs, but the base game underneath the bugs is well thought-out and made with obvious love and respect for the franchise.

That said, finally getting the game stable/bug-free would be swell. Hopefully that will happen now that the devs can't release new content for the time being/ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, doitagain said:

There’s already a bunch of other posts on this btw.

A bunch, yes. Seems that people love re-hashing the same shit over and over here.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

A bunch, yes. Seems that people love re-hashing the same shit over and over here.

That's nothing new lol

It always seems to happen a lot over the weekends too.

• Confused 1

Actually, yes. I'd like to see another game that would work in a similar vein to this.

"Keep away from Pumpkinhead, Unless you're tired of living, His enemies are mostly dead, He's mean and unforgiving, Laugh at him and you're undone, But in some dreadful fashion, Vengeance, he considers fun, And plans it with a passion, Time will not erase or blot, A plot that he has brewing, It's when you think that he's forgot, He'll conjure your undoing, Bolted doors and windows barred, Guard dogs prowling in the yard, Won't protect you in your bed, Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead!"

tumblr_ndrk1rtlMV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

What would make this different from F13 is that Pumpkinhead would largely remain unchanged beyond some possible skin colors. As opposed to throwing in various "versions" and fighting with copyrights, it would somewhat streamline the development of the Killer and focus on kills and balancing with the humans and maps and kills being the main added things.

But yes, I actually WOULD trust them again due to them being faithful to the films.

The  problem they had was that they listened to the casual twats who came fresh off of Dead by Daylight and wanted another game where the killer could be easily trolled non stop and had no concept of "You died because the killer will kill you."

If they listened to the actual people in the forum instead of the casual whiners, the game would come out much better.

Oh, and completely remove the ability to kill Pumpkinhead. You either escape, survive the night, or you're dead.

• Like 2

Well they locked the forum to new members so there's that, that's new, @Truth. This weekend wasn't particularly pleasant, on here. First weekend I've had off since last fall, it was a ghost town. I really hope today is a better day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well they locked the forum to new members so there's that, that's new, 

Wait, really? I'd check if I was more confident that I remember my password lol

Just now, Truth said:

Wait, really? I'd check if I was more confident that I remember my password lol

Go look in incognito mode. 

Go look in incognito mode. 

wtf is that?

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

wtf is that?

Private browsing. If you're on a phone, you might not have the option. 

Edit - the Sign up button is now back on the main page. We can have new users.

Private browsing. If you're on a phone, you might not have the option. 

Oh I thought it was something on the site... Now I feel dumb lol

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

wtf is that?

Chrome's "anonymous" mode.

I tried it last night, and the forum only gives existing users the option to sign in. No option for new people to register.

Just now, Dolemite said:

Chrome's "anonymous" mode.

I tried it last night, and the forum only gives existing users the option to sign in. No option for new people to register.

@Slasher_Clone

I have the option to sign up....

There should be more horror games based off of these amazing franchises. Just keep Gun and illfonics grubby little fingers away from it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

I love the game, bugs and all. Hoping that the devs can concentrate 100% on bugs now that the lawsuit has put the kibosh on any new content for now.

I don't care about a Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street game. I wanted a Friday the 13th game, and I finally got it.

That said, if you hate the game, why play it? Why post here? Wash your hands of it and be done. The insane negativity here is getting old. Yes,there are bugs, but the base game underneath the bugs is well thought-out and made with obvious love and respect for the franchise.

That said, finally getting the game stable/bug-free would be swell. Hopefully that will happen now that the devs can't release new content for the time being/ever.

You didn't get a game based on Friday the 13th films, where's Pamela, where's camp forest green, where's Tina, where's the Shepard map? The Lazarus boat? Manhattan?

The game is incomplete, forget about future/extra content, they didn't even make basic content.

They fix all the bugs and the players will still leave. This game in it's multiplayer state won't continue with a low amount of players who only care about bugs(as if that's what's gonna make the game fun) over those who are burnt out, wanted new content and left, those people are the majority of the playerbase, hence why so many played each time an update with content came out.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Not by them. Hopefully a AAA developer will pay attention to how successful this game WAS and will produce one.

Well said! After the games I played last week I gotta agree, I took some time off this game thinking it would get better, man was I wrong! No hot fixes, or updates to help. Games just ending abruptly, action locked in 75% of my games played. Bad, just bad right now...

23 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Reload your page I already edited, It is back up though.

edit - also @Dolemite deserves credit for the original discovery.

No, someone else originally pointed it out to me. Thanks, though.

22 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

You didn't get a game based on Friday the 13th films

*Looks at title of the game*

"FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME"

*Plays game, which involves Jason Voorhees chasing down camp counselors and killing them*

Really? You could have fooled me!

where's Pamela, where's camp forest green, where's Tina, where's the Shepard map? The Lazarus boat? Manhattan?

Hey, the new Star Wars game wasn't a Star Wars game because Boba Fett wasn't in it! Where's Lando? Where's Uncle Owen? I don't see a Landspeeder! Hey, where's that rock Luke tripped over in Episode 1? THIS IS BULLSHIT ARRRGGGHHHH

The devs said they would include every conceivable aspect of the F13 films in the game? Um, no, they didn't. That would be insane. Something can be based on something but not encompass the absolute totality of it. Hard concept to wrap your head around, I know.

The game is incomplete, forget about future/extra content, they didn't even make basic content.

So, you're saying there are no playable Jasons, no counselors, no maps, no gameplay systems, nothing. You're also saying that they didn't deliver things that were NOT successfully funded by the Kickstarter campaign, such as single player bots and challenges. No Virtual Cabin 2.0. No Pamela/Tommy tapes. No basic content at all. Okay, gotcha. Wow, I feel ripped off by this non-game! I was wondering why it was 0KB when I downloaded it and only got a black screen when I ran it!

They fix all the bugs and the players will still leave. This game in it's multiplayer state won't continue with a low amount of players who only care about bugs(as if that's what's gonna make the game fun) over those who are burnt out, wanted new content and left, those people are the majority of the playerbase, hence why so many played each time an update with content came out.

We'll see. I think there will always be a core group of players. Obviously you won't be one of them, and that's more than fine with me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Where's Uncle Ben? I

Making the best damned rice I've ever had.

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

No. Pretty please with cherry on top, do not rape another franchise.

I didn't know Rian Jonhnson worked at Gun.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Well they locked the forum to new members so there's that, that's new, @Truth.

Was there an issue with folks using multiple accounts over the weekend, or was the heat wave in the East keeping the kids inside and they were bored enough to troll the forums?

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

The biggest problem with this game isn't the lack of "basic content", it's the failure to capitalize on the content they had and focus on the core gameplay, the asymmetrical pvp.  Adding new maps and counselors is all well and good, but playing ONE mode or variant with different Jasons/counselors for over a year does not a fun game make.  

PvP is the backbone of this game, and not fleshing out the experience with additional PVP modes or even a more robust customization suite for private matches (which should ABSOLUTELY be a focus now--that's not "new content" that's optimization, fwiw) is the biggest misstep as far as I'm concerned.  Single Player Challenges, and Virtual Cabin were vanity projects that contributed very little to the replay value of this game.  Replay value retains players far more than adding new skins, costumes, or emotes.  Nobody came back to this game because you could dry hump a tree or twerk on Jason's prone body.  They came because of content that added to the replay value.  For as divisive as Pinehurst was, it still was one of the better moves in terms of adding perceived value to the game. 

By contrast, there's literally no reason to play the SPCs once all the objectives and "skulls" are obtained.  At least with online play, there's progression, unlocks, and a reason to revisit the QP lobby or private matches.  And they should have focused on enhancing value THERE, as opposed to SPC's which any dedicated player could knock out in a weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1