Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

What about longevity?

Posted (edited)

Here is a detail that has bothered me when 1: I realized trophies/achievements (other than oneshot ones) and badges cannot be earned in offline bots, and 2: when I found my level, thus things unlocked to me, are tied to a cloud that is access online only.

WHEN the game eventually dies for good (tomorrow or three years from now or whatever), the ONLY way one can play the game at that point is the offline mode. When online is cut and dead, what of the sign in process? Will we forever be stuck at Rank 0, only having access to Part 3 and Part 5 (and Savini if applicable) and the choke kill + one weapon kill, or will the devs finally flip our profiles to be tied to our system/profile and not the cloud side?

What about the achievements? What if I WANT to get all the Jason Focused achievements in bots, because getting 1k rounds AS Jason is absurd in the actual online mode. What about badges? A relic of an online mode that once was?

What is the plan for the death of this game and the ability to play it when the online aspect dies? As it stands, I'm working towards weapon swapping on my offline-only-never-online PS4 copy (rank 99 as of this post) and the last thing I want is my level to be reset and thus locking me out of everything.

EDIT: More I forgot.

Why not make the offline mode not require any of the levels of the online mode? Everything is accessible (IE: treats you like level 150) because you're just there to play around. Jasons, costumes, kills, weapon swapping, all of it. Granted, it means offline bots couldn't be used for grinding, but then, it just means the time and points gained in the online portion gives you perks for the online area.

Edited by Daneasaur
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Here is a detail that has bothered me when 1: I realized trophies/achievements (other than oneshot ones) and badges cannot be earned in offline bots, and 2: when I found my level, thus things unlocked to me, are tied to a cloud that is access online only.

WHEN the game eventually dies for good (tomorrow or three years from now or whatever), the ONLY way one can play the game at that point is the offline mode. When online is cut and dead, what of the sign in process? Will we forever be stuck at Rank 0, only having access to Part 3 and Part 5 (and Savini if applicable) and the choke kill + one weapon kill, or will the devs finally flip our profiles to be tied to our system/profile and not the cloud side?

What about the achievements? What if I WANT to get all the Jason Focused achievements in bots, because getting 1k rounds AS Jason is absurd in the actual online mode. What about badges? A relic of an online mode that once was?

What is the plan for the death of this game and the ability to play it when the online aspect dies? As it stands, I'm working towards weapon swapping on my offline-only-never-online PS4 copy (rank 99 as of this post) and the last thing I want is my level to be reset and thus locking me out of everything.

People have been asking this all week and so far it's just been dust in the wind. 

There are a few topics on this already.  The questions go unanswered.  No plan laid forth by Gun that we know of.  We all either want client side saves or everything unlocked at level 1 or 0 prior to the servers being shut down.  Will we get an answer on it?  Who knows.  Shifty said he would ask, but no response yet to my knowledge. 

We've been asking these questions all week, and they haven't responded with any useful information...

The community wants client side saves, Shifty said he'd ask about it. And he has yet to give us an answer...

14 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

There are a few topics on this already.  The questions go unanswered.  No plan laid forth by Gun that we know of.  We all either want client side saves or everything unlocked at level 1 or 0 prior to the servers being shut down.  Will we get an answer on it?  Who knows.  Shifty said he would ask, but no response yet to my knowledge. 

Just now, Freddie Mercury said:

We've been asking these questions all week, and they haven't responded with any useful information...

The community wants clien side saves, Shifty said he'd ask about it. And he has yet to give us an answer...

At least someone in the know is asking about it.

That would really kill this game for me in the long run if those higher level things were tied to a mode that, for all intents and purposes, has a time limit on it.

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

At least someone in the know is asking about it.

That would really kill this game for me in the long run if those higher level things were tied to a mode that, for all intents and purposes, has a time limit on it.

Exactly...

Its a shame not one of the devs could just pop on here for a few seconds, and just give us a simple yes or no answer...

4 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Exactly...

Its a shame not one of the devs could just pop on here for a few seconds, and just give us a simple yes or no answer...

It may not be as simple as a yes and no situation, sadly.

It has been addressed and it needs to be addressed further if Gun want to leave any kind of legacy for the game. 

Otherwise, in ten years time... the game will end up a turd that didn't flush. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

It may not be as simple as a yes and no situation, sadly.

This.