Rexfellis

It's always difficult to admit that you need help. [Updated|

Haven't thought about it really. Lyft seems to be a bigger deal around here than Uber. I may have to check on that. Thanks for the suggestion @F134Ever86

21 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Just an update. Went to the Doctor today, and he was happy with my progress. All of the edema (swelling) is pretty much gone, and my blood tests came back with great results. Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to get a medical release for work. I am in the process of trying to get a job that is still in my field with fewer physical requirements.

Apparently, I still have a long way to go, but a little good news always helps. Anyway, just wanted to share what I found out.

Has the doctor said what it would take to clear you? Still, you are right about good news. 

Glad to know you have gotten some good news in your trying times. Here's to hoping the health keeps getting better and they find something less physical for you. Keep that head up. That is all we can do in these times brother.

7 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Has the doctor said what it would take to clear you? Still, you are right about good news. 

Nothing specific. Right now, being able to climb ladders and stairs are the biggest problem. Most of the devices that I need to look at are anywhere from 20' to 300' off of the ground. My balance isn't the greatest right now, and I'm not sure I could do it with the heat and humidity in southern Louisiana right now. I think that once my meds are scaled back a little more, I should be able to acclimate myself to it again. 

52 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Glad to know you have gotten some good news in your trying times. Here's to hoping the health keeps getting better and they find something less physical for you. Keep that head up. That is all we can do in these times brother.

Keeping my head up brother. There are some office-based jobs in my field that I could do. I'm not a fan of office work, but it will make sure that my computer skills stay sharp, as well as keep me connected with all of the people on various projects. I'm willing to do anything right now, just to get out of the house every day.

23 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Nothing specific. Right now, being able to climb ladders and stairs are the biggest problem. Most of the devices that I need to look at are anywhere from 20' to 300' off of the ground. My balance isn't the greatest right now, and I'm not sure I could do it with the heat and humidity in southern Louisiana right now. I think that once my meds are scaled back a little more, I should be able to acclimate myself to it again. 

Keeping my head up brother. There are some office-based jobs in my field that I could do. I'm not a fan of office work, but it will make sure that my computer skills stay sharp, as well as keep me connected with all of the people on various projects. I'm willing to do anything right now, just to get out of the house every day.

I feel that. Being stuck in the house sucks bad. Especially when bill pile up, stress levels rise, etc. Right there with you man. Just glad you have gotten some good news concerning your health.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@jameson87 Thanks man. I hope things are at least starting to look up for you.

Currently it has actually taken a bit of a bad turn, but hey that's life right? At least I have my wife and daughter, and am above the ground. Had a close experience with being severely injured or dead last Friday and it humbled me a little in our current situation. Driving down the interstate (80mph) my top and bottom ball joint on my old truck snapped and about slung me into a tractor trailer. Was on the way home from a side job I picked up. Wiped my check completely out getting home and left my old truck in a point of disrepair given how much tow and repairs are going to be. Thanks for checking in on us, right now I am scrambling to figure it out, but is far from the worst situation I have been in and I made it home to my family.

I really hate to hear that you're going through such a struggle. My husband and I are on hard times too, so unfortunately all I can offer are my prayers and understanding. As soon as we are financially able, if you're still in need you can count on us to be there to help you out! If you ever need to talk or vent, my husband and I are here for you! I wish I could offer more than that because warm wishes and such don't pay the bills, but I know first hand from the amazing souls on here that have reached out to my husband and I that the comfort in knowing you're not alone in your struggles helps in ways money just can't. I wish you all the best, you'll be in my prayers!

10 hours ago, jameson87 said:

Currently it has actually taken a bit of a bad turn, but hey that's life right? At least I have my wife and daughter, and am above the ground. Had a close experience with being severely injured or dead last Friday and it humbled me a little in our current situation. Driving down the interstate (80mph) my top and bottom ball joint on my old truck snapped and about slung me into a tractor trailer. Was on the way home from a side job I picked up. Wiped my check completely out getting home and left my old truck in a point of disrepair given how much tow and repairs are going to be. Thanks for checking in on us, right now I am scrambling to figure it out, but is far from the worst situation I have been in and I made it home to my family.

Good thing you're not an Uber driver with your car luck, right? It really sucks that it's like you're working for nothing when the money you earn goes right into another fix.....another fix??? Come clean man. You have addiction to breaking cars. Ok I'll stop (forgive me for just trying to lighten the mood with my stupid humor).

I remember several months ago at a 3 way stop sign, I had the right of way and started to turn left. I immediately slam my brakes as when I looked left again while turning left, this dude out of nowhere whizzed by going a minimum of 50 MPH obviously ignoring the stop sign. He didn't even try to avoid me as he was literally inches in front as he went by. I made it to work, but my hands were shaking really bad. Had I not stopped, he would have hit me right in the drivers side. So though I can only imagine how it was for you, it still made me uneasy just reading it. It's a good thing you were ok though. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Good thing you're not an Uber driver with your car luck, right? It really sucks that it's like you're working for nothing when the money you earn goes right into another fix.....another fix??? Come clean man. You have addiction to breaking cars. Ok I'll stop (forgive me for just trying to lighten the mood with my stupid humor).

I remember several months ago at a 3 way stop sign, I had the right of way and started to turn left. I immediately slam my brakes as when I looked left again while turning left, this dude out of nowhere whizzed by going a minimum of 50 MPH obviously ignoring the stop sign. He didn't even try to avoid me as he was literally inches in front as he went by. I made it to work, but my hands were shaking really bad. Had I not stopped, he would have hit me right in the drivers side. So though I can only imagine how it was for you, it still made me uneasy just reading it. It's a good thing you were ok though. 

I appreciate it, and humor is always a ok. It makes things just easier to deal with. And am glad you didn't get hit. Being t-boned at an intersection sucks horribly. While work can suck sometimes, glad you made it in.

• Thanks 1

Checking to see how you are holding up brother. Hope thinks are looking up for you man.

@JF13 Thanks buddy. Good to see you around again. Physically, I'm getting better every day. Just hoping that I can go back to work soon.

@jameson87 I'm plugging along man. I'll get back to where I need to be, it's just looking like a longer haul than I had originally thought.

15 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@JF13 Thanks buddy. Good to see you around again. Physically, I'm getting better every day. Just hoping that I can go back to work soon.

@jameson87 I'm plugging along man. I'll get back to where I need to be, it's just looking like a longer haul than I had originally thought.

Good to hear man. Things are slowly starting to look up here as well. Have an interview Monday. The gofundme really took off yesterday, and we got food on the table. Finally seeing some light at the end of this tunnel. Uploading my work pics really helped out and the troll that attacked us only seemed to help our cause more than hurt. Funny thing is he tried to stalk here and fb and it backfired, because anyone who knows me knows I have worked since the age of 14 to help my sick parents out with bills as they were not covered by any insurance, when they passed I juggled a job and finishing high school and graduated on time. That shit blew up right in their face. I am hoping to get on my feet asap, and if it is sooner than expected, expect me and the wife to reach out to you and yours.

10 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Things are slowly starting to look up here as well. Have an interview Monday. 

That's great news. Knock that interview out of the park. I'm supposedly not so good at them. 

35 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

As long as you're 

You'll endure the long haul. 

1 hour ago, jameson87 said:

Have an interview Monday. The gofundme really took off yesterday, and we got food on the table.

Hope the interview goes well man. Glad to hear that things are getting better for you and your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Monday. ?

@The Tommy Yeah man, I feel pretty good. Being in the heat still wipes me out, but I'm working on it. Thanks. ?

16 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Hope the interview goes well man. Glad to hear that things are getting better for you and your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Monday. ?

@The Tommy Yeah man, I feel pretty good. Being in the heat still wipes me out, but I'm working on it. Thanks. ?

Was checking in to drop some good news for you. I recently started a facebook. I have shared your link with the few networks I have. With how well the gofundme took off, and the prospects of this job I may have coming, we are beyond blessed with the support we have gotten. I promise you, while it may not be much, that we will continue to spread the word and be making a contribution to you and your family by the end of the week, early next week depending on when the funds hit our account. Hang in there brother. It is the least we can do, take a portion of the love given to us and pass it along. Again stay strong, and know we will be working to help alleviate some of that burden man. Godspeed. @Rexfellis

On 7/3/2018 at 5:21 PM, Rexfellis said:

No problem. Yeah me and heat don't get along too well either. 

@jameson87 I appreciate the thought, but I want you to make sure that you and your family are set first and foremost. This is just a bump in the road for both of us, we'll be back to not worrying about this all soon. Happy 4th of July!

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@jameson87 I appreciate the thought, but I want you to make sure that you and your family are set first and foremost. This is just a bump in the road for both of us, we'll be back to not worrying about this all soon. Happy 4th of July!

Same to you man, and things are really starting to look up. I sent you a friend request of fb. Shared your link there. Also going to shoot you a message for an invite to a closed group.