Well, I’m back from another suspension but only briefly. I wanted to make a final post and get my “Bye Felicia.” replies.

I’m not done here because of any suspensions, etc. It’s their forum, they can do as they like. The future of the game rested with the “upgrade”. I personally view the engine upgrade as a failure, it took quite a few steps back and failed to solve issues we’ve dealt with since the beta. I also realized we were at a point where making any new suggestions is pointless, it’s too late in the development process. Then they announced the “no new content” thing and that cemented my thoughts as a reality.

The game has been okay at best but the forum and the people here have always been the best thing to come out of this game. Thank you to @Ban_All_Music, @Splatterhouse, @thatdudescott, @Mark K, @JasonVoorhees13, @karmakazeand @CrazyRalph for making me feel welcome early on. I appreciated it. I also greatly appreciate @Brigadius, @Tattooey, @Risinggrave,  @TheHansonGoons, @AldermachXI, @lHeartBreakerl and @Alkavian for bringing me to Xbox. That was something I never expected and I’m still blown away by. You guys are awesome.

It’s going to seem like I’m just naming names but I want to thank the people that made visiting here enjoyable and interesting: @Rexfellis, @NoOneK9503, @jameson87, @Ghostboy20, @Barbara Ann, @Truth, @Darrin Howard, @Qcici, @Redcat345, @WashingtonJones, @Cokeyskunk  @Kodiak, @DamonD7, @RKSDooM, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, @Riot_Dame, @Thatguyinktown, @BrokenFattHardy, @Zaneygrrl, @The Arrogant Man and anyone I may have forgot because I am definitely forgetting some people.

For the folks that stick around here, hopefully you can get these guys to leave us with some form of a working game when they fully abandon it. I have no interest in submitting bug reports and helping them clean up yet another mess of their own creation. For those that do- good on you, just remember it’s a thankless task and for every step forward there will be two steps back. As a community, the forum managed to make some positive changes to the game but too often they were erased by the next patch. I also hope someone stays on their case about fulfilling every last Kickstarter and Backerkit reward. I still intend to play the game here and there, and I encourage anyone that has any interest in it to get what they can out of it while they still can. The backers made this game a reality so I’m thankful to them.

Also, I saw @jameson87 and @Shes.A.Rebel.88 are going through a rough patch. Please consider donating to their GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/jamesonchamlee

I’ll check my messages so you can still find me there, on my YouTube page (in my signature) and on Xbox or PS4. Anyway, thanks again and take care. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 5

Thanks for the bump and mention, we are very appreciative of it, and it sucks to see you go, but I understand 100%. Maybe when I get the time we can jump on some ps4 together and run something. Sucks we fought so hard for this game for everything to turn out like this.

• Like 1

It sucks that we will never see your fantastic idea of a Pamela game mode to never be in the game but at least you took the time and gave us a visual of what that mode could of been like. 

You were a great contribution to the forums and it's a bummer to see you go. Goodbye and take care!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

It’s going to seem like I’m just naming names but I want to thank the people that made visiting here enjoyable and interesting: @Rexfellis, @NoOneK9503, @jameson87, @Ghostboy20, @Barbara Ann, @Truth, @Darrin Howard, @Qcici, @Redcat345, @WashingtonJones, @Cokeyskunk  @Kodiak, @DamonD7, @RKSDooM, @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, @Riot_Dame, @Thatguyinktown, @BrokenFattHardy, @Zaneygrrl, @The Arrogant Man and anyone I may have forgot because I am definitely forgetting some people.

It will be a shame, We'll miss you @bewareofbears I'll send you off with a sweet moment from one my favorite movie 

b616f90d8faa6fd904c8177047f9314f.gif

• Like 2

@bewareofbears

Can't say I'm surprised in the slightest. I know this wasn't a sudden decision for you, this has been building up for a while. Still remember you getting banned right after I started here. 

You've been a huge help here and presented a ton of great ideas. Sucks that most of them never came to fruition, but such is life. Your ideas/thoughts will still be here, and I'm sure that they will continue to be discussed. Gun might not appreciate you, but I know the community does. Hell, your the top member here...

Sucks to see you go, but I understand. It's been a long road... Take care of yourself man, I wish you the best.

• Like 5

@bewareofbears It really sucks to see you go, you presented a lot of great ideas and a lot of great discussions on here.

I'm not surprised you've made the decision to leave. I could tell this had been building up for a while now... After all you did get banned a couple of times on here.

But anyways! Take care of yourself darling, goodbye!

I guess the partys over now... 

• Like 1

Really sucks to see that your leaving... Of all the members to leave, I would've never expected you to go...

Take care of yourself man, Maybe we'll meet paths on another game...

Sad to see you go - but it very much feels like the Titanic around here these days anyways. We've had some good laughs over the years and generally always agreed on everything. ? I'll drop you a line on your YouTube page in the not too distant future. Cheers buddy. 

• Thanks 1

I still lurk these forums. Force of habit but just hoping for the best. Still haven't played the game since the engine update because I can't play a game that makes me angry. Once the bugs are ironed out it will surely be functional and enjoyable, but it will still have those issues that are inherent to the game's design.

I do have some things of my own that I'm working on. If anyone is interested you can keep an eye on my youtube channel.

I'm surprised you got banned, Bears. I'm the kind of person that avoids the internet when I'm angry and thankfully haven't been banned from anything in years. Props to you for being at the top of the leaderboard with one of the highest post-to-like ratios.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I still lurk these forums. Force of habit but just hoping for the best. Still haven't played the game since the engine update because I can't play a game that makes me angry. Once the bugs are ironed out it will surely be functional and enjoyable, but it will still have those issues that are inherent to the game's design.

I do have some things of my own that I'm working on. If anyone is interested you can keep an eye on my youtube channel.

I'm surprised you got banned, Bears. I'm the kind of person that avoids the internet when I'm angry and thankfully haven't been banned from anything in years. Props to you for being at the top of the leaderboard with one of the highest post-to-like ratios.

I think what is most imperative is that the legacy of the game will be strong when they do depart. Local saving is crucial for that to happen when the servers finally close down. If they leave the game with a couple of Jason's etc etc It will go down in history as a "botch it and leg it" job, a "let's get the fuck out of here" job. The NES game is still played today. This is the kind of game that will still be played and talked about in 30 years time. 

Much will depend on whether they want to sign off on a high note and leave the game as something that can be enjoyed by old and new fans in 10/20/30/40 (etc) years time from the single player perspective when servers are long gone.

I think they will. @wes is proud of this game and rightly so he should be. I think he'll enjoy receiving emails when he's 90 years old about how cool his game is from a fully functional single player perspective. He "get's it" and I have no doubt he will view the games longevity and legacy as incredibly important.  

@bewareofbearsPlease don't go, you helped me bring my Pamela Voorhees idea to life and you pointed out evidence on how Roy Burns was supernatural.

I'll see you when I see you Bears. Sorry to see you heading out, but it is not at all surprising. Keep in touch. You know how to find me.

Couldn't agree with you more, @bewareofbears. I too saw the update as a make or break and break it did. It broke stuff that I didn't even think they could break. I hoped they would put out a good build but as most are aware I was extremely doubtful. The thought that they could rebuild the entire game flawlessly(or close to) in six months when it took 2 years for the first buggy release was a pipe dream. I'm not here to rain on Gun's parade but I feel they chose the wrong developer for this endeavor. I also feel the creative direction was way off. It started good but went awry quickly with the goofy outfits and excessive emotes. 

With the no new content for the foreseeable future I hope they actually get the game to a stable state. But, with no new content also just means the forum will just be a bug reporting service for the most part. Posting ideas when nothing is gonna be added is sort of a waste of time but it's kinda been like that since day one really. They were never really interested in players ideas anyway. Wes said it himself, he made the game he wanted. Our ideas for improvements and additions were never really ever gonna be taken too seriously, but we hoped and might have made some headway on occasion. But, in the end it was always came down to one person. 

For the most part it's a good community. I have met some solid people here and that has been the best part of this gaming experience. Also, been one of the worst experiences dealing with a company. I find Gun to be less than forthcoming about issues and progress and often punting serious issues. More thoug, I see the lack of care for their community. Without their community they have nothing and neglecting, to try intimidating, or putting down your community members is a poor way to conduct a business,  amarite?

I will stick around for a bit, assuming I'm allowed that is. I really do hope the game gets the fixes it deserves and eventually hope when all is said and done with this lawsuit that content starts flowing again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad to see you go, but not surprised. You know where to find me.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Noooooooooo, DUDE. I am going to miss you! But I have the feeling it is not quite the end yet, I'll see you around! 

I'd rather remain optimistic about the future of the game and us as a community! A highly disfunctional one, but that does not keep me from loving this place and all of the people I've interacted with. 

• Like 1

❤️ ya @bewareofbears. At the time,you were the only one around here who proved that I wasn't going crazy.

Keep lurking and stick to the "shadows."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @bewareofbears, hate to see you go man. Like some of the others, I've seen this coming for a while. I still got ya on YouTube.  We've had some really good conversations on here. Some subjects we agreed on, and some we didn't. I'll miss the movie convos most of all. I'm not on here much anymore myself, and I hardly even play the game right now. I just have too much going on.

We'll see ya around man. Take care.

• Like 1

My frustrated side reacted like this: it sucks your last suspension came all because you made a thread about the subreddit being dead, then discovered it was the wrong subreddit. Hahaha some crazy confusion that could have been handled by a simple reply from a certain someone with a link to the flourishing reddit and a quirky rebuttle. Instead it was rewarded with a vacation. 

I think its disgusting to see how you were treated for your honesty.

We lose the number 1 contributor and king of liked content. Think of where he could be had he not been vacationing so much.

I remember when I first started, you and @RKSDooM were the two that impressed me right away. I started a thread about confusing timeline of the series, and you two had amazing insights that involved all the lore. You two taught me a ton about this franchise. 

I think you contributed some amazing ideas for game modes, counselors, stat ideas based off movies, etc. This community is going to have a hole in it without our snarky neighbor to the north.

Feel free to hit me up any time. Hopefully you can join us some Thursday night.

Side note: welcome back @Brigadius

• Thanks 1

BOB, It's been fun. Our time together has been memorable, and it always sucks when things come to an end or the status quo changes. Take care, buddy. 

Sincerely, best wishes with whatever and wherever you go next. I hope you find something new to enjoy, as well as the things you currently do.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:30 AM, bewareofbears said:

Well, I’m back from another suspension but only briefly. I wanted to make a final post and get my “Bye Felicia.” replies.

I’m not done here because of any suspensions, etc. It’s their forum, they can do as they like. The future of the game rested with the “upgrade”. I personally view the engine upgrade as a failure, it took quite a few steps back and failed to solve issues we’ve dealt with since the beta. I also realized we were at a point where making any new suggestions is pointless, it’s too late in the development process. Then they announced the “no new content” thing and that cemented my thoughts as a reality.

The game has been okay at best but the forum and the people here have always been the best thing to come out of this game. Thank you to @Ban_All_Music, @Splatterhouse, @thatdudescott, @Mark K, @JasonVoorhees13, @karmakazeand @CrazyRalph for making me feel welcome early on. I appreciated it. I also greatly appreciate @Brigadius, @Tattooey, @Risinggrave,  @TheHansonGoons, @AldermachXI, @lHeartBreakerl and @Alkavian for bringing me to Xbox. That was something I never expected and I’m still blown away by. You guys are awesome.

Bears, I have three questions which I hope you will stick around long enough to answer:

1. If the lawsuit wraps up more quickly than anticipated, will you come back to the forum?
  2. If the game begins getting new content again, will you try playing with us again?
  3. . . . did you just thank Darrin Howard . . . ?

On a final note, there are a few folks here who keep me coming back. Please know you were always one of them. This forum will be a little less complete without you, and I hope you at least pop back in every once in a while to say hello.

You will be missed, friend.
- Skunk

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

. . . did you just thank Darrin Howard . . . ?

For keeping things interesting, not for being a worthwhile part of any conversation.