RadikalGamer

Please remove the Jason X and Grendal Map from the Virtual Cabin it's Misleading at this point.

I bought the game because of this and then a week later I am told that no new DLC because of some lawsuit.  I do not need to know the details of the lawsuit all I know is I was mislead into buying a game that told me Jason X was coming soon, and I think it really needs to be removed from your game because it is misleading other consumers as well that are seeing this still in the game, or on youtube or being told by a salesperson that doesn't know no new DLC is coming etc etc.  It isn't happening anymore so it just doesn't belong in the game, at the time yeah yeah you thought you were going to be able to release him...but...you are not now, so can you please remove it on behalf of a player that bought the game under the pretense that this character would be added and for any other buyers out there that don't read these forums before they get this game, see virtual cabin on some outlet and see that Jason X is coming soon and the Grendal map etc.  No comment is really going to suffice here or argument on why it should not be taken out of the game, its misleading...period.  Regardless if you guys say there will be no future new DLC or not.  You still have it in this game you are currently still supporting!  Not everyone that buys a game reads up on everything, so if they see that uber Jason is being offered in a coming soon section of YOUR game STILL, they very well might go out and buy it, can you guys please take it out ASAP so new consumers that buy this don't think you did this to get them to buy the game?  Not saying that you did (or are, calm down), but they would have a bit of an argument considering you still have it in the game advertised in virtual cabin.  I am doing this for the players out there that will not see this post because they dont spend all day on twitter or forums but see a youtube video or something else and go out and buy the game because they see Jason x is coming soon and don't spend their money (believing he is on the way..still) when he isn't going to be "coming soon."  At the very LEAST, please put on your digital downloads and all new physical copies of the game a header that states No Future DLC for this game this means the Jason X and the Grendel map we still currently have advertised in the games virtual cabin section.  Thanks devs this would help out future buyers a great deal!  :)

• Thanks 2

Be careful here. You are making valid points and you have used "all caps" to convey emphasis on certain words. They do not like these things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Be careful here. You are making valid points and you have used "all caps" to convey emphasis on certain words. They do not like these things.

eh, I haven't bad mouthed anyone and I wanted to make key points clear hence the bold and underlining and a few caps here and there, this in my view is a pretty big issue.

Don't think it matters about the YouTube videos. That's all out of their control but a disclaimer can't be that hard to add.

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Don't think it matters about the YouTube videos. That's all out of their control but a disclaimer can't be that hard to add.

Its more than just the youtube vids though, its the fact that it is still being actively advertised in their own game still.  I agree with you though, I would be fine with a defined disclaimer if they aren't going to get rid of the advertisement for it in the game....something like that is the least I would think they should do, and really need too, whether they do or not is up to them, was important to get up something about it though.  Its active advertising to something that is no more.

• Like 2

Its too soon for this. I get your upset, we all are. I find its best to remove yourself from an upsetting situation.

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its too soon for this. I get your upset, we all are. I find its best to remove yourself from an upsetting situation.

Yet here you are.

Maybe they didn't think of it, who knows, he did them a favour. He did it dramatically and with a lot of potentially unnecessary stuff, but it has substance, even if it is easier to fix then tearing it out. 

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think it is something they should address right away, agree to disagree I suppose.  I got over being upset already, I am trying to prevent people from getting the game thinking Jason X will be included and it can't be blamed entirely on them if they do with ppl saying they didn't do their research, when its still actively being advertised within their own game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

It hasnt even been a week yet though. No one can know for certain how this will end.

@F134Ever86 I am just going by the statements that the developers have put out.  "No new DLC/content."  It's posted all over the place by them, they posted it, maybe they posted....that...to soon, I have no clue but all I have to go on is their public statements.

• Like 1

Its still a cool asset. If anything I would suggest removing "coming soon" from the door that triggers JX cutscene 

• Like 1

I agree with the fact they need to communicate and stop to "lie" about Jason X. 

But I think it's not a big deal anyway. I hope you love/don't love the game for its mechanics or gameplay rather than the fact there is Jason X or not.

I have to agree with the OP and the suggestions about a disclaimer of some kind, I realise that they may not necessarily be able to attach a disclaimer to individual factory sealed physical copies of the game that are already on outlet shelves/in outlet stockrooms, and may not have any power to force retailers to post a flyer with a disclaimer. But as far as the digital versions of the game are concerned (such as on the game's page/description box on PSN/Xbox Live/Steam), they should be able to ask the respective content managers attach a disclaimer in the body of the descriptive text, if they are not able to modify the in-game advertisement

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinisterslither said:

I agree with the fact they need to communicate and stop to "lie" about Jason X. 

But I think it's not a big deal anyway. I hope you love/don't love the game for its mechanics or gameplay rather than the fact there is Jason X or not.

I like the game but I bought it because Jason X was announced and that it would be coming, doesn't mean I don't like the rest of the Jasons or the gameplay...but Jason X was the deciding factor in this consumers mind when I finally decided to buy the game for xbox one.  Hence my entire point for the post, for them taking the "add" so to speak out of their game or a digital and hardcopy disclaimer.

1 hour ago, RadikalGamer said:

I like the game but I bought it because Jason X was announced and that it would be coming, doesn't mean I don't like the rest of the Jasons or the gameplay...but Jason X was the deciding factor in this consumers mind when I finally decided to buy the game for xbox one.  Hence my entire point for the post, for them taking the "add" so to speak out of their game or a digital and hardcopy disclaimer.

Same.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We will alter the screen at the end of the virtual cabin. 

Thanks.

ShiftySamurai, there is no need to put a disclaimer on the Jason X in the virtual cabin. If people don't follow the news about the game, then that is there own problem. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees1986 said:

ShiftySamurai, there is no need to put a disclaimer on the Jason X in the virtual cabin. If people don't follow the news about the game, then that is there own problem. 

He is doing the stand up thing and I'm sure he will stay true to his word.

I'm pretty sure that this lawsuit will be settled outside of court. Then we could possibly get more content for this game released. Stay positive about this. Try and contact Sean S. Cunningham and ask him to try and resolve this matter.