RadikalGamer

More communication from the developers on our questions please...

Developers answers our questions and nipping things in the bud...?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Are the developers answers our questions and nipping things in the bud in the forums we post do you feel?

• No, they do not participate very much at all in the posts we post and I see a lot of things just plain ignored.
    • Yes, I believe they are very active in the forums we post and are very efficient and quick to answer any questions or grievence we have indeed.
    • I don't care what they do.

26 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

I dont even stick up for the devs ever, but what more do you want from them? They have said they will continue to fix the game, no new content will be released unless the lawsuit is finished. If you expect them to discuss in length the details of the lawsuit, their not going to. They have no part of the lawsuit so they are not gonna publicly speak on it and possibly insert themselves in it. 

At this point you have to take them on their word. If thats good enough for you awesome and if its not, tuff. It is what it is  

Read my posts this doesn't have anything to do with the lawsuit.

1 hour ago, RadikalGamer said:

Anyone reading my OP threads or other posts...I wouldn't bother with any of this if I didn't really like the game and where it could go...I wouldn't waste my time.  

I wish more people would understand this, if I didn't care about the game and didn't want it to do well, I wouldn't waste my time complaining.

It would just be nice to maybe pop in and let us know what they’re working on. What bugs are being fixed next patch? Are they really still delivering dedicated servers, and if so, how “soon.” Things like that. Not looking for legal answers, new content, etc. Just let us know what is being currently worked on. Possible ETA on next patch, etc. I would appreciate that much 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RadikalGamer said:

Read my posts this doesn't have anything to do with the lawsuit.

And read my post. They have communicated whats going to happen. They will continue to fix the game. When have they ever used clear comunication with us? What makes you think thats changing now. Lol

1 hour ago, cruehitman said:

It would just be nice to maybe pop in and let us know what they’re working on. What bugs are being fixed next patch? Are they really still delivering dedicated servers, and if so, how “soon.” Things like that. Not looking for legal answers, new content, etc. Just let us know what is being currently worked on. Possible ETA on next patch, etc. I would appreciate that much 

This is exactly what I was going to say.  You summed it up nicely.

14 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

And read my post. They have communicated whats going to happen. They will continue to fix the game. When have they ever used clear comunication with us? What makes you think thats changing now. Lol

What makes me think things are changing now?  Go read my recent thread today asking them to remove the ingame coming soon Jason x and look at @ShiftySamurai reply.  Thats how things are changing and he just proved that not only is he is listening, he is replying to us and communicating more...that's progress and something you can't argue with. It's under suggestions and feedback in the forums.

We had posts every week for four months talking about what was being worked on. Well, nearly every week. I readily admit that Chad dancing in the rain doesn’t really count.

We've had threads about the issues present in the engine update, and we are working on one for the next update as well. Random counselors, game ending early, and death by escape are some of the big topics. 

As stated in the press release, we are still going to work on fixes, and dedicated servers are being worked on as well. Unfortunately dedicated servers aren’t really something you can say are “80% done” due to the nature of how they work. They’re kind of either done, or not done.

There are other topics that I cannot communicate about, and those questions will go unanswered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We had posts every week for four months talking about what was being worked on. Well, nearly every week. I readily admit that Chad dancing in the rain doesn’t really count.

We've had threads about the issues present in the engine update, and we are working on one for the next update as well. Random counselors, game ending early, and death by escape are some of the big topics. 

As stated in the press release, we are still going to work on fixes, and dedicated servers are being worked on as well. Unfortunately dedicated servers aren’t really something you can say are “80% done” due to the nature of how they work. They’re kind of either done, or not done.

There are other topics that I cannot communicate about, and those questions will go unanswered. 

Thanks for putting all of that in one solid post @ShiftySamurai it's helps to know and see you all responding more and more to the players on multiple levels.  ... apologies for quoting such a long post mods.

8 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

Thanks for putting all of that in one solid post @ShiftySamurai it's helps to know and see you all responding more and more to the players on multiple levels.  ... apologies for quoting such a long post mods.

It was very nice of Shifty to respond. I wouldn't expect much correspondence out of them. There are probably not going to be any concrete answers anytime soon, as has been explained in this thread several times. The team at Gun and Illfonic get tagged all of the time on here, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, etc... This is just my opinion but maybe you can stop tagging them for every little insecurity that pops into your head about the game. Take that as you will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

It was very nice of Shifty to respond. I wouldn't expect much correspondence out of them. There are probably not going to be any concrete answers anytime soon, as has been explained in this thread several times. The team at Gun and Illfonic get tagged all of the time on here, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, etc... This is just my opinion but maybe you can stop tagging them for every little insecurity that pops into your head about the game. Take that as you will.

Now you're just trolling, I've quoted shifty like two times the entire time I've been on this forum...nice try though.

• Confused 1

they post were tweets about stuff that coming, not really post at all, even before that communication was few and far between. Look at how long it took them to issue a statement about the harassment issues, 2 days, that is unacceptable, really wasn't until enough people called them out and posted screenshots on twitter.

the best communication recently was the known issues thread and what were the high priority bugs, stuff that like should be weekly at least, if not more.

I think the communication comes when needed. 

I don't see just because I spent a bit of cash on a game that I have the right to this on demand communication and update as though its a Friday the 13th news 24 hour channel. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would like some information on what if anything they are going to fix

Same...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would like some information on what if anything they are going to fix

This. Also, I'd like to know if they even know about the Tommy Jarvis walkie bug. I tagged them, but never got a response. Bug has existed since launch.

I voted no by the way.

I voted no, other than our guy @ShiftySamurai  It's like crickets chirping in open fields. There are so many issues plaguing this game at the moment, I'm sure their collective heads are spinning. Add to that the issues they have addressed that have possibly added the rubberband glitch and car suicides, and other unforeseen consequences. Right now this game is in a state that is nearly unenjoyable. Other than time spent with friends, it is unenjoyable. That falls in their laps, I'm almost positive they are aware of these things and are trying to find a solution. But as I have stated on many occasions, I'm an optimist... Luckily we have shifty to keep us informed, and hopefully once Wes and the guys come up with something we'll get some answers.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

I voted no, other than our guy @ShiftySamurai  It's like crickets chirping in open fields. There are so many issues plaguing this game at the moment, I'm sure their collective heads are spinning. Add to that the issues they have addressed that have possibly added the rubberband glitch and car suicides, and other unforeseen consequences. Right now this game is in a state that is nearly unenjoyable. Other than time spent with friends, it is unenjoyable. That falls in their laps, I'm almost positive they are aware of these things and are trying to find a solution. But as I have stated on many occasions, I'm an optimist... Luckily we have shifty to keep us informed, and hopefully once Wes and the guys come up with something we'll get some answers.

Shifty never answered my post about the tommy walkie glitch. Seems like an easy thing to check on. 

• Like 1

Im surprised with the devs On this issue Ive only seen them answer a couple questions regarding any sort of life afyer this lawsuit. They have to know the entire community is in a tizzy. Its upsetting. Not like they have to work on new content so..... Tha Fuq?

I have to say that in this current situation, the more info we get, the better. People are rightly concerned. Is the game dead? Is Jason getting balanced or is he gonna remain a "pussy"? Are the bugs getting fixed? Are the servers gonna die? How much are the devs seriously gonna invest in a game who"s future  (read: re-marketing value) is questionable, at the least. Yes, I love the game. Not because its the best, nowhere near, but its the ultimate tribute from fans TO the fans. Its just genius in its simplicity, so I for one do not want it to die.

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Shifty never answered my post about the tommy walkie glitch. Seems like an easy thing to check on. 

Right, good point. Hopefully he's checking into it, but hasn't got an answer yet. Idk, the game has so many terrible things happening all at once maybe it's just fallen to the wayside?

It was a fast reply from shifty on two different forms on some sizable issues yesterday.  He even said some issues he couldn't talk about and those would go unanswered.  More communicating he proved yesterday.  I think kohagan makes a good point...

10 hours ago, kohagan said:

I think the communication comes when needed. 

I don't see just because I spent a bit of cash on a game that I have the right to this on demand communication and update as though its a Friday the 13th news 24 hour channel. 

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'd comment but I can feel the ban hammer hovering, lol. 

Why? Is Ben lurking in the shadows again? Lol.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Why? Is Ben lurking in the shadows again? Lol.

Just thinking that the Shifty love might make someone jealous. 😉

I think we should have better interaction here on the forum with pubs/devs/Shifty. It doesn't have to mean answering questions and being on call. It takes very little time to post a question, or ask about opinions. Having dev streams, a dev diary, or even give youtubers a weekly post. They could do posts of item models, this would generate tons of conversation. It isn't about serving us what we demand or beg for, it's about being a presence in your own house. If they did comment in threads, people's attitudes would change, trolls posts would be less acknowledged by the community as they could be corrected, with a public note and warning. The pubs/devs could tell the mods who to give private warnings to if they bothered. Again it's their house, but they watch it from the safety of their cars in the street. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Your weekly press releases were nice, but how hard would it be for someone that actually works on the game code to chime in when questions are asked about game mechanics?

• Like 1