The Gloved One

What Mechanics Do You Want the Devs To Hammer Down on the Most?

What Jason mechanic do you want fixed the most/Ergent need ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Friends ,Countrymen, Forum Members Lend Me Your Ears !

• Stalk/Music Ques
    • Shift
    • Environment
    • Darkness
    • Combat
    • Sense
    • Weapon Damage
    • Need of extra pocketnives and Medsprays
    • Throwing Knives
    • Nah,Im fine Fam

Combat definitely needs some attention... darkness is a non issue, turn up your gamma, it helps... a lot. Most of the other mechanics are fine as they are too.

Its really the bugs that need to be a priority.... and dedicated servers... also a priority.

Grab and window mechanics.

Windows: They should revert the current window prompt to the old free swing window we had back in September. They changed it and its been broken ever since.

Grab: recovery is to long and the cone should be wider, not a whole lot, just a slight change will do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand why people have an issue with the darkness.  I think the new lighting looks great.   

Besides that,  i want them to hammer down everything that matters....lol   I can't pick just one.

Also want them to do something about the simple Jason melee stunning mechanics.  Its just too easy to gang beat Jason into stun city and Jason being stunned non stop for a  1/4 or more of the of the game really takes the edge of playing as counselor while making Jason look silly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't understand why people have an issue with the darkness.  I think the new lighting looks great.   

Besides that,  i want them to hammer down everything that matters....lol   I can't pick just one.

Also want them to do something about the simple Jason melee stunning mechanics.  Its just too easy to gang beat Jason into stun city and Jason being stunned non stop for a  1/4 or more of the of the game really takes the edge of playing as counselor while making Jason look silly.

I'm sorry, but you know there's something seriously wrong with your game when it's darker than even games literally called The Darkness. 

Combat first, it would be nice to hit when you're in the proper range. They could fix the counselors as well, and if they could please assign block to a regular key/button. Then fix bugs, like being action locked when counselors hit you and suddenly you can't swing your weapon. And they could fix the goofy looking shaking grabbed counselors too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

I'm sorry, but you know there's something seriously wrong with your game when it's darker than even games literally called The Darkness. 

Slide the gamma bar over a few ticks? 

Don't know what to say.. I've seen this game on 7 different TVs since the update and it all looked fine..   Seems to me only a few people have an issue with the lighting.. Which i just assume is because their TV is complete shit.  (OR their TV is just set on bad settings for lighting)

The new lighting was one of my favorite things about the new update.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Slide the gamma bar over a few ticks? 

Don't know what to say.. I've seen this game on 7 different TVs since the update and it all looked fine..   Seems to me only a few people have an issue with the lighting.. Which i just assume is because their TV is complete shit.

The new lighting was one of my favorite things about the new update.

No, I have a 4k tv, but thanks for that. 

Just now, Mawlock said:

No, I have a 4k tv, but thanks for that. 

Well then fix your damn TV settings and quit whining...?

• Like 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

Well then fix your damn TV settings and quit whining...?

Another asshole for the blocked list

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

i personally like the lighting as well,i just put it on here to appease those who hate it.

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Are you getting glare?

No, and for the record, I did change the gamma to 2.3. Had no choice. 

Just now, Mawlock said:

No, and for the record, I did change the gamma to 2.3.

Try turning off dynamic contrast?

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Try turning off dynamic contrast?

I'll screw around with it later, when I can. Work.

Combat and throwing knives. Can't tell you how many times I've been blindsided by the sloppy combat mechanics and the bizarre, seemingly inconsistent throwing knives at Jason's disposal.

55 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Combat and throwing knives. Can't tell you how many times I've been blindsided by the sloppy combat mechanics and the bizarre, seemingly inconsistent throwing knives at Jason's disposal.

I really have absolutely no problem with the throwing knives. With enough practice, they work great. The only time I ever had a real problem with them is when there is lag in the match. Hitting any target with a throwing knife when there is any kind of noticeable lag is pretty damned hard, but that is the fault of the lag.
   It took me some time and practice with the throwing knives... but they are fine as they are... As I said, they work great... now if only it didn't take so much time to gather them.

There are still some invisible barriers that you cannot throw a knife through... like a counselor on the other side of a campfire... the knife hits an invisible wall over the campfire. Unless that was fixed and no one told me. But there are a few other spots like that too... I just can't think of them right now. Those spots could be addressed, but there are much bigger issues to fix first.... like the bug infestation in Crystal Lake... the bugs need to be squashed. Then we have to make sure they are dead.... There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito!

I do agree that the whole combat system needs work. But in my opinion... a whole lot of bugs need to be dealt with before moving on to tweaking and balancing other things.

• Like 1