Ricky

Can We Spend a Moment to Mourn Paranoia?

I was really excited about Paranoia. I never gave up hope for it. It's gone, and factoring when it was supposed to come out/court decision oct 2017 they prob pulled it more so than it not being "enough" fun.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mourn paranoia? Why? They started talking and working about it when the very foundation of their coregame still had tons of bugs, glitches, balancingissues and the list goes on. The game still has all of this today, partwise more than before. All paranoia did was consuming ressources like time and money without ever delivering anything. We could have things like UberJason, more maps, perhaps less glitches if they never came up with paranoia in the first place.

Working on paranoia was like building a house, finishing the basement and the foundation to the halfwaypoint, so that it works in some sort and then we pull out some ladders and a scaffold and start working on the roof. It just doesnt work that way.

• Thanks 3

Like anyone else with common sense, this mourning of the loss of Paranoia already happened in March. 

• Like 4

I feel you @Ricky. Different people are grieving for things they regret not having a chance to exist. 

I'd like to know what it was going to be. It's not like it matters but I would still like to know what it could have been. It seems like such a waste, not to tell us.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I feel you @Ricky. Different people are grieving for things they regret not having a chance to exist. 

I'd like to know what it was going to be. It's not like it matters but I would still like to know what it could have been. It seems like such a waste, not to tell us.

I know they prob won't tell us the details but I really would have loved to have known about it. I watched that TEASER too many times. I liked the suspenseful nature of it. 

26 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Mourn paranoia? Why? They started talking and working about it when the very foundation of their coregame still had tons of bugs, glitches, balancingissues and the list goes on. The game still has all of this today, partwise more than before. All paranoia did was consuming ressources like time and money without ever delivering anything. We could have things like UberJason, more maps, perhaps less glitches if they never came up with paranoia in the first place.

Working on paranoia was like building a house, finishing the basement and the foundation to the halfwaypoint, so that it works in some sort and then we pull out some ladders and a scaffold and start working on the roof. It just doesnt work that way.

I am fully aware of the issues of the game. I have been there since day one. I backed it and made the foolish decision to get the counselor clothing pack vs the Savini Skin (to me it made sense to get stuff for counselors since you play them 80% of the time!) To me the introduction of a new game mode would add a new perspective to the game. My lvl is really high so I spent a lot of time playing and I guess I wanted another variation. 

Go check out Hide or Die on Kickstarter. I just backed it the other day, looks promising. It looks like any one of the players can become the killer and another player at a later time in the match. 1 vs 16. Might fill that void in your life. 

If you back it with $20 you'll have access to the beta in August. I'm pretty sure PC only.

One of the nice things about PC gaming. So much Indie glory.

27 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Go check out Hide or Die on Kickstarter. I just backed it the other day, looks promising. It looks like any one of the players can become the killer and another player at a later time in the match. 1 vs 16. Might fill that void in your life. 

If you back it with $20 you'll have access to the beta in August. I'm pretty sure PC only.

That game Looks Nothing like this game.....

Nothing can replace this……:sadchappa:

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

I just watch early gamelay by the devs of Hide or Die. 8.30 minutes and the most suspense was the moment the lights turned red. Other than that the guy ran thru the forestthe whole time, did one generator, the generators doesnt even require skillchecks. The switches are marked with letters and you seemingly only have to push them on the keyboard (talk about skill). He walked by one corpse and the killer never showed up. After all it was really boring.

The other thing is its an indygame, seemingly done by a small team and its their first game.

No,thank you.

I don't fix no stinking generators. I only repair cars and boats and phones and..... generators.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Redcat345 said:

I just want to know what paranoia was about.

The devs didn't even know...

:chadwut:
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, DasMurich said:

to me this is what' sit Friday 13 apart from them other games ..for some reason gun media is the only one that thought if I'm playing as the killer I might want to be able to see the Killer I hate playing games in the first person perspective in yet most of the slasher  genre outside of Friday the 13th is FPS...

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

Cant Really Mourn something that was never there...…..

It was we just never got a chance to experience it. They played it, but said “they needed more time to make it more FUN.” Which now we learn might have been a front for, it doesn’t follow the perceived formula and might cause copyright issues in the near future. 

I just want a run down of what Paranoia actually was and how it would even work. Was it something like the party game "Bodies" where there's a secret killer picked at random? Was it something like in Jason Goes to Hell where a demon worm possesses people to have Jason's powers? I just want to know

yeah the developers might as well tell us what it was at this point

• Like 3

I really wish they would just show us some stuff. Even if not all of it. Even if I know we won't get it, it still makes me excited/happy to see it.

• Like 1

I know they weren't really happy with how their original Paranoia-attempt played out. It might be worth revisiting and rebranding though.

Could be a digital only five dollar / Euros / pounds title completely detached from F13 if the general concept was a supernatural, disguised killer blending in amidst a group fighting for survival. They might even be able to stick with the Paranoia-title. 

• Like 1

Ran with a group and we did our own Paranoia. Whoever was Jason would send a message to one counselor. That counselor would be a traitor.

It was always hilarious to see us get paranoid when a counselor came up to us or try and convince someone that you were one their side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Ran with a group and we did our own Paranoia. Whoever was Jason would send a message to one counselor. That counselor would be a traitor.

It was always hilarious to see us get paranoid when a counselor came up to us or try and convince someone that you were one their side.

Could you give more details, I might want to play your version, it sounds fun.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Could you give more details, I might want to play your version, it sounds fun.

Private lobby. No random Jason. Whoever is picked to be Jason then sends a message through Xbox messenger to the player they tap as being their minion.

The minion can do things like fuck around with the gas. Put traps in weird places and team kill. We only had one rule and that was not hiding with a part in the water because you can't team kill someone in the water.

The next person to be Jason is the minion or you could also have whoever found out who the minion was and killed them to be the next Jason. If minion is last surviving counselor Jason kills them (unless something is fixed and he is feeling nice).

Its kind of funny when you are trying to repair stuff and a counselor comes over and you are like shit I don't have time to worry about this! I was repairing shit one match and the counselors were convinced I was doing it as show and was going to mess with them. Odds are everyone dies but its fun with figuring out who os who and killing the little shit who is against you.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@MrBeefy, does Jason still kill or is he more like the judge?

He kills too. Its possible for Jason to never see his minion. I mean when I am Jason I really laugh at watching the counselors scramble. That's up to you. Oh amd one other rule. Whoever is Jason cannot be the minion the next round. Makes it where you know that person is your ally.