When the devs announced that no more content will be released, I was floored.  How could you say you're done and throw in the towel so suddenly. It seemed very harsh and executive.  Because of how I felt, I immediately looked for signs of falsehood and held on to hope that it was a bluff. But that gave me more clarity to see the game had been killed.

The recent new patches were so weak that I was left wondering what are the devs doing? Then news came about the lawsuit and the push for new content made sense but why stop short on content being worked on? 

This game is not complete in any way;

Part 3 5 6 8 9 kill packs;

New Jasons, Uber J and their kill packs;

Maps, Grendel and more.

These were essential to the game and I would've paid for them way before the judgement day why did you not give us the chance to pay you for future content now? Just like the kick starter allowed you to work months without income.  So many people were and are still asking to pay for savini. Legally you are probably screwed to ask it now or maybe not,I'm no lawyer and I certainly don't know the details.

My heart is broken and I am totally confused why this game was driven into the dirt so forcefully. 

• Thanks 3

This title to this song fits the current situation, more than you know!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it's over brother. no reason for them to release anything new

5 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

This title to this song fits the current situation, more than you know!

Great song!

• Like 1

@pilospc quit yelling. That wall of text hurts. And a lawsuit is a perfect reason to hold off on things. The devs want to keep releasing content. That is why there is already content on it that was waiting for updates to come out, ie Uber Jason. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Money can cause a man to kill his best friend.

Some people do it for free.

3 hours ago, pilospc said:

THERE'S AN ARTICLE THAT IS OVER THIS LAWSUIT AND IT STATED THAT LAWYERS SAID THAT THIS CASE HAS NO EFFECT ON THE GAME OR ANY FUTURE CONTENT FOR THIS GAME LONG AGO.

The article you are referring to is over a year old. Things have changed since then.

THEY PROBABLY HAD A MEETING AND SAID "WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET OUT OF THIS NO MATTER WHAT WE DO THEY JUST COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN NEVER PLEASED! OH HEY LET'S TAKE THAT LAWSUIT CASE THAT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND BLAME THAT IT'S OUR WAY OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE THEN WE CAN PULL THE PLUG ON THE WHOLE THING A FEW MONTHS FROM NOW AND IN THE MEANTIME WORK ON OUR OTHER GAME THAT'S NOT EVER GOING TO GO ANYWHERE."

The people complaining is not why the game stopped being developed. It was the lawsuit. Now I cannot say that the lawsuit is or is not an excuse to get out of making the game.

PEOPLE  SO MANY WENT WAY TOOOO FAR WITH THE COMPLAINTS WITH SO MUCH  BITCHING, WINING, AND INSULTING I BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT HAS LEAD TO THIS DECISION MORE SO THAN THE LAWSUIT. IN ONE WAY I DON'T BLAME THEM

People have a right to voice their unhappiness about the game. It's all in how they voice it that makes the difference. I agree that there are better ways for people to handle that. The forums exist so that people can voice their opinions about what they like and don't like about the game. I see that there are a lot of negative comments about the game, but there are also a lot of positive comments about the game.

IT GOT TO THE POINT THAT THEY COULD SEE TOO MANY PEOPLE FELT ENTITLED AND OWED THIS AND THAT AND WITH THE COMPLAINTS THERE WOULD BE A MAJOR UPROAR FOR THEM TO ASK FOR ANY MONEY FOR ANY DLC CONTENT THEY MAY HAVE BEEN PLANNING ON RELEASING IN ORDER TO PROVIDE FUTURE CONTENT WHO WANT'S TO WORK FOR FREE?

The entitlement of the player base is pretty bad. I agree with that. As far as the company working for free, they are not. The Kickstarter campaign gave them the money to work on the game. Sales of the DLC have continued to fund the game. So they are not "working for free".

EITHER WAY IT'S NOT RIGHT, IT'S NOT ETHICAL, IT'S NOT MORAL ON THEIR END IF THEY USED THIS OLD ONGOING LAWSUIT AS A REASON FOR PULLING THE PLUG RATHER THEN BEING OPEN AND SAYING HEY PEOPLE CALM DOWN WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET COMPENSATION FOR SOME OF OUR CONTENT WE CAN'T JUST DO IT FOR NOTHING BROKEN ON RELEASE OR NOT WE CAN ALWAYS GO BACK AND FIX IT.

At this point, they haven't pulled the plug" yet. The players are still playing the game. If the plug was pulled, the servers would be shut down. Let's not think like that.

PLAYERS THERE IS CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS. HAVE ANY OF THESE LAWS BEEN VIOLATED OR BROKEN? I'M NOT SURE I AM NO LAWYER OR ANYTHING JUST SAYING WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THERE ISN'T NO BIG LAWSUITS FROM THE BACKERS WHO GAVE THOUSANDS, OR OTHERS WHO DONATED MONEY ETC.

I do not think any of the backers are suing the company.

7 hours ago, pilospc said:

CONTENT

Now my eyes hurt.

7 hours ago, pilospc said:

IT GOT TO THE POINT THAT THEY COULD SEE TOO MANY PEOPLE FELT ENTITLED AND OWED THIS AND THAT AND WITH THE COMPLAINTS THERE WOULD BE A MAJOR UPROAR FOR THEM TO ASK FOR ANY MONEY FOR ANY DLC CONTENT THEY MAY HAVE BEEN PLANNING ON RELEASING 

I disagree completely. I would still pay the highest bid offer if it was a kick starter. 

even if they want they can't release new content because of the lawsuit, so there is nothing they can do, they could fix bugs and optimize the game but I think they don't want to do that anymore

4 minutes ago, HailWotan88 said:

even if they want they can't release new content because of the lawsuit, so there is nothing they can do, they could fix bugs and optimize the game but I think they don't want to do that anymore

Even at the sign of this potential outcome they could've released a season pass or something intelligent to fund the work.

8 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Money can cause a man to kill his best friend.

So can syphilis.  

7 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Grendel. it´s 2 e´s.  It literally hurts my eyes. sorry.

Bonus points if anyone actually knows the literary reference behind "Grendel" without using the Google.

5 hours ago, pilospc said:

I'M NOT SURE I AM NO LAWYER OR ANYTHING

Clearly.

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

And a lawsuit is a perfect reason to hold off on things.

I can almost guarantee there's an injunction against any licensee which bars any sort of development using the IP while the case is sorted out.  Pretty standard stuff when an IP is involved.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Bonus points if anyone actually knows the literary reference behind "Grendel"

A demon 

I'm I right 

40 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Bonus points if anyone actually knows the literary reference behind "Grendel" without using the Google.

Grendel was the monster in Beowulf that attacked the feast hall because their partying was disturbing him, and who Beowulf later killed. Then he killed Grendel's mom (Or in that terrible movie adaptation, took her to bed). It's somewhat analogous to Jason when party teens show up to his turf and encroach, and he hauls off and massacres all of them.  

I'd HOPE people would get the reference though. Beowulf was required reading in high school, for me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

That's called censorship, folks.

WHY!? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT!!!!! ARE YOU MENTAL?????!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Komatose1313 said:

Grendel was a giant from the underworld, no?

I suppose that's possible, but there may be something that predates it by about 1000 years.

1 hour ago, T.W said:

A demon 

I'm I right 

Closer....

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Beowulf, the epic poem. 

There it is!  

57 minutes ago, Tailypo said:

I'd HOPE people would get the reference though. Beowulf was required reading in high school, for me. 

Nice analogy with Jason, btw.  Probably why they used it in the movie.  
Never had to read it until college.  By that time, the 13th Warrior came out, and while we were reading Beowulf, I noted the similarities between the two, (there's a great story behind Crichton writing it)  and the professor gave me an A for the course (History of British Literature) with no need to take the final.  

55 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

@Bropollocreed79 I hope most people understand the Beowolf reference. One of the best works of art in history

Loved Beowulf.  Clearly the Rock was just LARPing Beowulf when he actually wrestled, but I read parts of it to my kids, and they love it.

16 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I make a post that has 7 or 8 words that are "all caps" and it gets deleted because I'm "obviously screaming" and it's "directed towards the development team"

We hold you to a higher standard, Bro.  You have no one to blame but yourself for having so many articulate, thoughtful, and poignant posts.

That, or @Kodiak is an Edge fan.

Posting in block capital letters isn't appropriate. Had to remove another post on here.