I realized I hadn't made many new threads on this forum, I've just kinda been lurking and commenting every now and then, so I decided to start a simple one to try and spark some friendly conversation during one of the hardest times for this community. ?

What is everyone's preferred playstyle for both Jason and Counselor? For Jason, do you play aggressively with the mere intent to kill, or do you play passively with the intent of cornering your victims? As for Counselors, do you play female or male? Do you play stealthy to repair the car/phone box? Do you go loud and distract Jason for as long as possible to let your friends get out? Or are you a middleman and go what is needed for survival?

Personally, I play a very aggressive Jason, and I play a middleman female counselor. 

And, while you're at it, go ahead and state what your Jason and Counselor mains are!
For me, I main Part 4, 8 and Savini for Jason. My counselor preference is Deborah. :P

My playstyle for Jason is to kill for mother. I like all jasons (notice i didnt mention Roy) and trade off every now and then. Right now im diggin part 3. My playstyle for counselors is to escape  and I main mitch because thats the trope i identify with most. I fix things then i get the fu** outta dodge. I only defend myself from jason and i like cabin hopping and loop when i feel trapped. Im also a bull fighter when it comes to throwing knives. Off topic but can we get a new skin for Roy? The hallucination Jason? A new skin isnt new content is it?

@al1ve For Jason I usually use a passive-aggressive playstyle. I trap all objectives before killing any counselors. I ignore groups and single out solo counselors. 

As for counselors, whom I play 99% of the time. I always play Tiffany, Victoria, and Deborah. So a stealthy playstyle, most of the time I fix objectives as Tiffany, so I solo and use my stealth as an advantage. Once I fix an objective, I ain’t helping anyone but my damn self. 

Jason: Kill Counselors - Methodical (J3, J8)

Counselors: Kill Jason - Varied (Jenny, Vanessa, Chad, Adam)

I'm set on counselor preferred and always play Deb for stealth/repair. I fix things but I will always let the other people drive as I'm one of the worst drivers ever and will crash within seconds. I try to fight as little as possible especially if its 1 vs 1. I will try to save grabbed teammates at the car and stuff if I have a weapon but I often won't even have a weapon since its usually me finding the repair items and dragging them to the car or boat myself.

For the few times I've played Jason in the past I played p2 and I'm a total goof off and do some things many probably find really strange and or crazy. An example I love to smash the car like if someone doesn't get out of the car and just keeps trying to start it up over and over I will sit there and just smash it every time. I've done that for 10+ minutes at times not even trying to kill anyone. It's pretty funny to see and hear other peoples reactions when you do really odd stuff like that.

It's business when i'm Jason I kill without remorse, as fast as possible and leave no survivors my fav Jasons to play lately are parts 6 and 8. As for a counselor Tiffany because she has the best eye candy and Victoria some here lately as a counselor I vary on how I play sometimes I waste Jason's time, sometimes I look to drive outta there and survive.  JASON is my playing preference!

Preferably I'm a counselor, I actually bought this game to survive a night at Crystal Lake. I play who ever is not being used, and will most help the team. I play Shelly, and Mitch alot. Because no one uses them, lol. I use stealthy characters often. So I tend to be a fixer, unless I'm Tiff. I work objectives, and try to help the team however I can. I tend to avoid the big man when possible, but I also am that guy who will run right at Jason to buy you time if you're working an objective. When I do get Jason I use parts 4, and 5. I'm a terrible Jason, lucky if I get 3 kills against my friends in private. But on average I'm 7 or 8 kills in quick play, I've been killed twice so far in private. Never killed in QP, yet... Lol

Edited by Redrum138

I play random Jason and random counselor.  My playstyle changes depending on who I get.  It's the best way to keep the experience fun and fresh.

As Jason i main part 7, 8 and Savini. My playstyle with them is to create as many “OH SHIT” moments as possible. I refuse to spawn kill at the beginning and will ignore counselors at the start. I will hear a counselor cry out that they’re dead because I spawned right on their location to start, but i will literally walk right by them to do my thing. Although sometimes i like to change it up and if i spawn on them to start i willl immediately grab them and walk around with them, just to make them think they’re about to die before letting them go. I like to set my traps, gather a few knives, break doors and windows i start with while my abilities start to appear. I try to save at least several counselors to kill until after i get Stalk. I LOVE Stalk. And there’s nothing better then psyching counselors out only to shift grab them out of nowhere with Stalk going. To hear the screams and yells absolutely makes it all worth it! I usually can clear an entire lobby each time, although if a counselor or two gets away, that’s ok. Consider them lucky and again, it’s all about the chase and making them jump and scream! 

As counselor i main Kenny. He’s a complete mid road guy in all aspects, and i use grease monkey, my dad’s a cop, and psychic. That way i can start off the match immediately coordinating with my fellow counselors, and if i call the cops or am the driver, i can give my team better odds of escaping. I will gladly sacrifice myself if needed to help the cause. The counselor side is all about camaraderie and team work for me! 

My main is Part 9 (and 6)

I would love to just kill them off-guard with stalk but the amount of time it takes will be used by the counselors against me.

But whenever it is smart to set up a jumpscare I do that. And I try to scare the last Survivor almost Always.

Now I came to trapping the phone and the car. Then find some knives to get shift. Then if I find someone I get them and check constantly the objectives.

My counselors are set to random.

My favorites are Lachappa and Adam (I am a nerd and love metal , so that´s why). Gameplay wise I would probably Play Vanessa.

As a counselor, I'll fix objectives if I can, I'll ferry parts whenever someone runs past them, and I'll recover parts that trolls try to hide away.

If Jason is picking on productive counselors, I'll smack him and get you free so you can do your thing. If a counselor isn't helping out the team, then you are on your own.

As Jason, I'll make things interesting. Each round will keep you guessing.

My playstyle...

Jason: Passive- aggressive objective controller.

Counsellors: Stealthy Repairer and defender of others.

Mains: none, i prefer random pick...

Now i do admit though, “playstyle” also depends greatly on lobby. My playstyle i listed above is in private lobbies or a GOOD/FUN quick play lobby. If I’m in a QP room with people that don’t talk and troll, all bets are off

Jason: Trap and kill. Main was Roy until update made breaking down doors ridiculously difficult.

Counsellors: Stealth and hit objectives. Mains AJ and lately been liking chad for a change up(surprised how luck can give a good skill check here and there).

Counselors I like are Jenny, Shelly, Mitch, Tiff, Adam, and Chad. I like Buggsy too, but he's more fun to play if your with a friend. I mostly just do whatever objective I find first, not really a fan of the boat as I like to save people. 

I do try to set the board for the late game as much as possible, if I think objectives won't get done, I start planning how to keep Jason busy for up to five mins. No plan lasts that long, but if the Jason is weak at chasing or Shift grabs, then it mostly goes according to plan. 

Jason's I like are part 2, 4, 5, and 7. Objective control is the most important part of the game, so I start there and then I talk to the people I'm hunting. 

I work the board while covering objectives, that means breaking windows, collecting knives and identifying the routes counselors are going to take when they run. If the 4 seater spawns by a phone house it's more beneficial to spend time breaking everything and waiting for the people to come to you. It's the centre of the board, why waste time chasing people, when you can run them into an area you control completely. I do prefer running Jason's, I think it has to do with the fact that people expect you to tunnel them, so when you cut them off by morphing or using Stalk Shift and beat them in the cabin. 

Jason main 2,3,4 laid back just have fun

Counselors main A.j and Adam but been playing on random for awhile know just go with the flow  

With Jasons I usually take care of my objectives and power stations, then im pretty aggressive.  I dont have a Jason main.

As a counselor, if you're not someone with a high repair you're fucked in quick play.  Ive seen matches where its only Chads, Vanessa and Bugz, or just people with hardly any repair stats.  So I USUALLY pick Deb.  But right now i've been just using Bugz just to demask Jasons, but if I see its filled with knuckleheads i'll use Deb.

6 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I play random Jason and random counselor.  My playstyle changes depending on who I get.  It's the best way to keep the experience fun and fresh.

This is the same for me too. I like that every match i play is different to the last

Part 2 i place traps in the relevant areas before morphing between objectives. Very defensive style

Part 3 i play similar to part 2 but with more aggression and slashing

Part 4 i go aggressive from the start. With his running and destruction i try get as many as i can early because if they get objectives done i am screwed

Part 5 i go similar to part 3 but with an extra focus on using stalk

Part 6 i experiment with different playstyles because i think this Jason allows for that.

Part 7 is also similar to part 3 but instead of running i try use the water where i can

Part 8 i like to be aggressive early because of his destruction stat which is only an advantage until rage

Part 9 i like to experiment with more creative kills due to his stalk and shift ability

It's really interesting to see that almost everyone here has a completely different general playstyle from each other. ;O (honestly really glad i started this thread lmao, was mega nervous about it)

Nevertheless, it was super interesting to hear from y'all! ;D

As Jason, I'm an aggressive objective controller. I save morph until a trap has been tripped, and if I do end up using morph, it's always to an objective. I use every Jason for a varied changeup to this method.

As a counselor, I rely a lot on avoiding Jason and being able to repair quickly. For that, I main AJ.

Since I’ve been 150 I pretty much play to help others, while trying to complete badges if the situation presents itself.  I play random councillor. I’m getting really good at the skill checks, so I’m not afraid to put the gas in with Bugsy or whatever, depending on the scenario. I’m probably the most unselfish, gentlemanly player you will ever see.

As for Jason, I play random, and by the end of every match I’m flush, my heart rate is through the roof, my hands are clammy,and I lose my mind when people escape on me. I don’t get pissed off and talk shit on the mic or send nasty messages or anything, I just hate losing. Sometimes if I know from lobby talk that someone is going to go for the sweater, I’ll just stay in the shack and turn around to face the entrance, and when they see me AFK, I lunge out and grab them. I scared the shit out of this squeaker so bad one time he genuinely screamed and I was like, oh ya, that was worth having 4 or 5 people escape!!

Anyway, I ALWAYS trap the phone, and if I make the right choice of power boxes, I trap the one that powers the CB Radio. Most players would rather get an extra 30 seconds of fighting Jason, then pop those traps with the PK.

And wouldn’t you know, I’m Jason3 right now!! Gotta go!

I play by the numbers as Jason, trapping first and killing next.  As a counselor, no matter who I play, I seem to mostly be the only one who wants to fix anything.  I also play really kamikaze and dumb a lot of times, fighting Jason too much and getting killed early and coming back as Tommy and fixing what I was trying to when Jason killed me.

I play as Jenny most of the time. I try my best to escape or last the night every match. I don't confront Jason directly unless I have no choice. If a group is out to kill Jason I try to help especially if I have grabbed the sweater that round.