Freddie Mercury

Do you think the devs should keep a $40 price tag?

Should they change the price tag?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well... What do you think?

• Yes! They should change it.
    • No. They shouldn't change anything.
    • I don't know...

Due to the current situation, imo. I think Gun/Illfonic should cut down the price from $40 to.. Lets say $10- $20.

But! What are your thoughts? Should they keep the current price? Or.. Should they change it?

@ShiftySamurai have you guys considered this? It would help gain new players.

• Like 1

And official make it a "bargain bin" game? I don't know about that...

I can't say I disagree though. It HAS been a year now... A discount would make sense.

@F134Ever86 Free play Fridays would be an awesome gimmick!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

I think they should have free to play weekends or Fridays

That would be good, try out the game before you buy it type of deal.

@Truth well, dbd is only $15. And nobody considers it a "bargain bin" game do they?

It makes sense for F13 to drop to the same price tag as dbd, its not getting any future content as of right now. So, when a person compares both games. Why would they buy a $40 game that is getting no new content. When there's a cheaper game that is consistently getting new maps, new killers, and new survivors?

If their not going to drop the price, then i agree. A discount would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

well, dbd is only $15. And nobody considers it a "bargain bin" game do they?

Nah, that's a garbage bin title.

I really do agree with you though. It would really only help them. Yes, they'd be getting less from each sale, but they would probably sell more copies.

It's going for about $30 for a used copy on amazon right now though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

Nah, that's a garbage bin title.

I really do agree with you though. It would really only help them. Yes, they'd be getting less from each sale, but they would probably sell more copies.

It's going for about $30 for a used copy on amazon right now though.

Ha Ha! Good title! :D

A used copy is going for $30!?!? Wtf? I'd just buy a new one. What's the point of saving $10 dollars...

But yes, its there only source of income now. The exsisting dlc packs and the game itself.

Its kinda sad to think about tbh...

• Like 1

$40 really is a price for a new game that  is of a much higher quality than this game currently is.

At this point this game should cost $20 and be on sale for half off about 6 times a year. There are a lot of games out there that cost less than this one and are in better shape.

Keeping the price at $40 after announcing that it is not getting any new content is not going to prolong the life of this game, and it will not encourage anyone new to buy it.

• Like 2

@AdmiralJT I'm out of likes for the day...

But yeah! I agree, dbd is only $15 right now. Which is a good deal! The games relatively fun to play, it gets new content every few weeks, its relatively polished, its got its own servers on consoles.

F13 should be the same price as dbd. If not. Cheaper then dbd at this point...

30 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

@AdmiralJT I'm out of likes for the day...

But yeah! I agree, dbd is only $15 right now. Which is a good deal! The games relatively fun to play, it gets new content every few weeks, its relatively polished, its got its own servers on consoles.

F13 should be the same price as dbd. If not. Cheaper then dbd at this point...

You could go beyond the comparison to DBD, rocket league is multiplayer, it gets regular updates, there's always people online to play with, and it's only $20, and it's on sale regularly for %25 or %50 off. 

I've been playing besiege again for the last couple of weeks, it's been around for 3 years, it gets regular updates, it got online multiplayer last year and it's priced at $10.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deadlytaco88 said:

I feel at this point $20 may be the sweet spot.

$15-$20 would be the sweet spot for me.

Its a reasonably price, unlike $40...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Truth said:

And official make it a "bargain bin" game? I don't know about that...

I can't say I disagree though. It HAS been a year now... A discount would make sense.

@F134Ever86 Free play Fridays would be an awesome gimmick!

Without more content this is a demo/sample f13th experience, the franchise didn't consist of merely 5 maps and a few skins.

I can get more replay value from a ps1 game.

27 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Without more content this is a demo/sample f13th experience, the franchise didn't consist of merely 5 maps and a few skins.

"Buddy, go do that then. The time you have been occupied posting here justifies the money you spent, the more you do it, the more you justify it. The shit posting that you or anyone else does long after they should have moved on only proves you would have been offended no matter what you got, you don't have a legitimate complaint, not a single one. You come here to bitch, that's it."

This is what I would say if I wanted to fight with you about it, I don't so knock it off.

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Odd, I was unaware that the movies contained maps and skins. Skins sounds more like a leather face sort of deal. 

• Haha 6

I don't know in US but in European PSN, the game was 10euros in May 2018 and I met a lot of new players since that discount, so yes it would be a good idea (maybe not 10 but 15 euros)

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is what I would say if I wanted to fight with you about it, I don't so knock it off.

I'm not in the mood to argue today, so I just ignored the comment. He's made his opinion very clear in other threads and it's not worth the effort to try and change his mind. Responding in general is only going to give him a reason to keep talking shit, and I'm sick of seeing that around here. The shit posting really needs to stop...

@JPops lmfao

I appreciate you popping in and lightening the mood. We really need more of that these days.

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

@JPops lmfao

I appreciate you popping in and lightening the mood. We really need more of that these days.

I agree, it makes my comment look really harsh though, being followed by something so damn funny. 

14 minutes ago, JPops said:

Odd, I was unaware that the movies contained maps and skins. Skins sounds more like a leather face sort of deal. 

Thats the terms your company came up with, not something I would phrase it as.

Anyways point still stands, this game doesn't cover the full Friday the 13th film franchise, there's no camp Forest green, no Shepard residence, no Manhattan, no Lazarus ship, no Tina Shepard, and no Pamela as playable character.

This game merely covers parts 2-5 with some asesthetics from parts 1 and 6-8.

1 hour ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Thats the terms your company came up with, not something I would phrase it as.

Anyways point still stands, this game doesn't cover the full Friday the 13th film franchise, there's no camp Forest green, no Shepard residence, no Manhattan, no Lazarus ship, no Tina Shepard, and no Pamela as playable character.

This game merely covers parts 2-5 with some asesthetics from parts 1 and 6-8.

And not a single one of those that you mentioned were ever promised... What's your point here?

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

And not a single one of those that you mentioned were ever promised... What's your point here?

From General FAQ by Ben, first paragraph:

"...when we got the rights to Friday the 13th we knew we had to make the game better, with more features and content that complements the franchise. To put it bluntly, we wanted this game to be every bit as big as the franchise on which it is based."

Easy question for you truth, Is this game a true Friday the 13th film series video game adaptation?(at least parts 1-8)

Yes or No

If Yes them every map from at the very least parts 1-8 should be in the game.

If not then it's a demo/incomplete

36 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

From General FAQ by Ben, first paragraph:

"...when we got the rights to Friday the 13th we knew we had to make the game better, with more features and content that complements the franchise. To put it bluntly, we wanted this game to be every bit as big as the franchise on which it is based."

Easy question for you truth, Is this game a true Friday the 13th film series video game adaptation?(at least parts 1-8)

Yes or No

If Yes them every map from at the very least parts 1-8 should be in the game.

If not then it's a demo/incomplete

You keep forgetting, this was a kickstarter game. They did want to add maps like Lazarus ship, Manhattan, and grendel for the games launch...

But, they didn't make enough money to include those maps...

So, they were probably going to add the maps as future content. But the lawsuit has made it incapable of doing so...

• Like 1