Should they change the price tag?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well... What do you think?

• Yes! They should change it.
    • No. They shouldn't change anything.
    • I don't know...

21 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

From General FAQ by Ben, first paragraph:

"...when we got the rights to Friday the 13th we knew we had to make the game better, with more features and content that complements the franchise. To put it bluntly, we wanted this game to be every bit as big as the franchise on which it is based."

Easy question for you truth, Is this game a true Friday the 13th film series video game adaptation?(at least parts 1-8)

Yes or No

If Yes them every map from at the very least parts 1-8 should be in the game.

If not then it's a demo/incomplete

Before the initial game program (3 maps version) was released on the applicable platforms (PC/PS4/XBONE), what did we have by way of Friday the 13th video games? We had only the original Friday the 13th game circa February 1989, referred to as ""an adaptation of the Friday the 13th franchise"",(1). At the time of this games release the Friday the 13th franchise contained at least 7 film entries,(2), which involved numerous characters, locations, and various physical incarnations of the character Jason Voorhees,(3). The 1989 video game does not directly follow the collective story arc of the first 7 film entries in the franchise, nor does it follow the plot of any single film entry in the franchise up to the time of its release. Whilst the current game is also described as being based upon the Friday the 13th franchise, certain adaptations appear to have been necessary in order to accommodate the vision of the game's creators.

Something that is based upon/derived from another work often selectively borrows/employs the use of characters/locations/themes from the original work(s) from which it has been derived, but unless previously stated verbatim the secondary work derived from the original does not have to use/contain all the characters/locations/themes from the original work, for example, within the Friday the 13th film franchise, at no point do we see the character Jason Voorhees vanish from the visible spectrum, only to spontaneously reappear several feet/yards from his original observed location, I.E. within the films, events imply that Jason is able to quickly close the distance from one location to another(3), however at no point during the narrative is this explained/explored, and in the current incarnation of Friday the 13th: The Game(4), the implications from the Friday the 13th film franchise have been implemented in the form of the abilities referred to as "Morph"(5), and "Shift"(6).

Put simply; sometimes we don't get/can't have everything we want, in the exact way that we specifically want it. From all previous correspondence/statements/announcements found herein, it would seem clear the developers original intent was to add additional maps/characters, however recent actions in the case of Cunningham Vs Miller have given rise to circumstances which prevent implementation of the original intentions, on consequence of legal action.

References

1. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th (1989 video game), Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  2. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th (franchise), sub-section 1. Films, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  3. Friday the 13th Wiki, Portal: Films, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  4. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th: The Game, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  5. Gamepedia, Friday the 13th The Game The Wiki, Jason Voorhees, 4. Abilities, 4.1. Morph, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  6. Gamepedia, Friday the 13th The Game The Wiki, Jason Voorhees, 4. Abilities, 4.3. Shift, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)

All information taken from external resources correct at time of proof reading/posting to forum, direct links not provided due to Rules/Regulations regarding the posting of links within this forum; full reference list including direct page links available upon request and with permission from Administrative staff.

8 minutes ago, BossDanny said:

Before the initial game program (3 maps version) was released on the applicable platforms (PC/PS4/XBONE), what did we have by way of Friday the 13th video games? We had only the original Friday the 13th game circa February 1989, referred to as ""an adaptation of the Friday the 13th franchise"",(1). At the time of this games release the Friday the 13th franchise contained at least 7 film entries,(2), which involved numerous characters, locations, and various physical incarnations of the character Jason Voorhees,(3). The 1989 video game does not directly follow the collective story arc of the first 7 film entries in the franchise, nor does it follow the plot of any single film entry in the franchise up to the time of its release. Whilst the current game is also described as being based upon the Friday the 13th franchise, certain adaptations appear to have been necessary in order to accommodate the vision of the game's creators.

Something that is based upon/derived from another work often selectively borrows/employs the use of characters/locations/themes from the original work(s) from which it has been derived, but unless previously stated verbatim the secondary work derived from the original does not have to use/contain all the characters/locations/themes from the original work, for example, within the Friday the 13th film franchise, at no point do we see the character Jason Voorhees vanish from the visible spectrum, only to spontaneously reappear several feet/yards from his original observed location, I.E. within the films, events imply that Jason is able to quickly close the distance from one location to another(3), however at no point during the narrative is this explained/explored, and in the current incarnation of Friday the 13th: The Game(4), the implications from the Friday the 13th film franchise have been implemented in the form of the abilities referred to as "Morph"(5), and "Shift"(6).

Put simply; sometimes we don't get/can't have everything we want, in the exact way that we specifically want it. From all previous correspondence/statements/announcements found herein, it would seem clear the developers original intent was to add additional maps/characters, however recent actions in the case of Cunningham Vs Miller have given rise to circumstances which prevent implementation of the original intentions, on consequence of legal action.

References

1. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th (1989 video game), Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  2. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th (franchise), sub-section 1. Films, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  3. Friday the 13th Wiki, Portal: Films, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  4. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Friday the 13th: The Game, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  5. Gamepedia, Friday the 13th The Game The Wiki, Jason Voorhees, 4. Abilities, 4.1. Morph, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)
  6. Gamepedia, Friday the 13th The Game The Wiki, Jason Voorhees, 4. Abilities, 4.3. Shift, Available online, (accessed 15/06/2018)

All information taken from external resources correct at time of proof reading/posting to forum, direct links not provided due to Rules/Regulations regarding the posting of links within this forum; full reference list including direct page links available upon request and with permission from Administrative staff.

That game, which was on nes has nothing to do with this game, that game was made by ljn, they're not gonna be able to offer the film experience on that platform.

Current gen? No excuse, even in the last 3 gens there wouldn't be an excuse for only 5 maps.

5 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

That game, which was on nes has nothing to do with this game, that game was made by ljn, they're not gonna be able to offer the film experience on that platform.

Current gen? No excuse, even in the last 3 gens there wouldn't be an excuse for only 5 maps.

When we have both said our piece, in the end we are both trying to answer a subjective question with an objective answer, as there are no immutable laws surrounding the creation of video games based upon films/books/comics etc neither point is right and neither is wrong, both points are our own points of view, and neither can be expressed as quantitative statistical data/mathematical expression

• Like 1

22 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think they should have free to play weekends or Fridays

🤔 Free to enter the salt mines weekends with lost connections and rage quitting players/hosts? Unless PC, then just Hackamania 😂 

23 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Due to the current situation, imo. I think Gun/Illfonic should cut down the price from $40 to.. Lets say $10- $20.

But! What are your thoughts? Should they keep the current price? Or.. Should they change it?

The game is worth $40..     If you already own the game.. why would you sit there thinking about cutting the games price in half?  

I say you should think about.. other things.

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The game is worth $40..     If you already own the game.. why would you sit there thinking about cutting the games price in half?  

I say you should think about.. other things.

I'm thinking on the games behalf, if a consumer compares this game to dbd(Or any game thats under $40) most likely their going to buy dbd. Not only is it cheaper! But, it gets; new maps, new killers, and new survivors every few months...

The games fun to play, and relatively polished...

Wheras, F13 is more expensive, has lots of bugs/glitches, and will not be getting any new content in the future...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I'm thinking on the games behalf, if a consumer compares this game to dbd(Or any game thats under $40) most likely their going to buy dbd. Not only is it cheaper! But, it gets; new maps, new killers, and new survivors every few months...

DBD is a game where The killers don't kill.   The maps  look like crap..  And the survivors are beyond generic.

Also you can't gauge a price tag on a game by the new content it gets...

F13th is worth $40..   Especially when compared to DBD.        

Ya F13th needs more fix'n..   But that just is what it is.

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

DBD is a game where The killers don't kill.   The maps  look like crap..  And the survivors are beyond generic.

Have you ever seen the kills that barely happen?

They look terrible.

9 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I ain't saying that F13ths not worth $40. It is imo! What I'm suggesting, is that if they want to gain newer players. Their going to have to think about slashing(no pun intended) the price down a bit...

7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They look terrible.

They do look terrible...

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 11:24 PM, Truth said:

I really do agree with you though. It would really only help them. Yes, they'd be getting less from each sale, but they would probably sell more copies.

It's going for about $30 for a used copy on amazon right now though.

most importantly all sales aside this would probably add a lot of players to the game who couldnt afford it or just didnt bother paying so much for a basically still early alpha / beta game in the first place

56 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They look terrible.

Ya..  i bought DBD and Leather Face.      I thought that DBD was like F13th (because everyone kept comparing the two)

When i learned that killers don't kill and saw the actual MORI kills thing i just remember wanting a refund...lol

I don't think they should be allowed to sell it until all this crap is over.

@JPops Lol well played. 

As to the OP a price drop wouldn't hurt. After a year most people that were willing to buy it at $40 have probably done so. I don't know if I'd go $20 yet. Maybe try $30 and see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I can get more replay value from a ps1 game.

Then why don't you go play a PS1 game?      (We all know you won't :D)

Get more value....  LMFAO?

Its $40.   I spent over $200 on a night out parting with friends..  

I've gotten over years worth of fun of F13th.. for $40.