Are there more Console Players?

Are there more Console players?  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who has a higher playerbase?

• Console
    • PC
    • Don't know

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2018 at 04:00 AM

I would like to know if there are more console players than PC with actual proof provided please. Thank you!

1 minute ago, UltraX2000 said:

I would like to know if there are more console players with actual proof provided please. Thank you!

More than what? 

I think it's hilarious that the OP asked for actual proof, then added a poll, that can be nothing more than speculation.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, UltraX2000 said:

I would like to know if there are more console players than PC with actual proof provided please. Thank you!

The closes thing to proof I can supply is sales charts. F13 was the the third most sold ditigal game on ps4 in 2017. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/05/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2017/

they do not provide numbers though. My guess based on this though is more ps4 players.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

I think it's hilarious that the OP asked for actual proof, then added a poll, that can be nothing more than speculation.

Someone asked for a poll so I provided one. I am curious to see what everyone thinks regardless.

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

The closes thing to proof I can supply is sales charts. F13 was the the third most sold ditigal game on ps4 in 2017. https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/01/05/playstation-store-the-top-downloads-of-2017/

they do not provide numbers though. My guess based on this though is more ps4 players.

Awesome! I think you were the only one so far to provide something on this. I gave you a like.

@UltraX2000 As I'm sure you're aware, there are no stats on console player count so there's no way to confirm one way or the other. Best I can give you is a thread I made a while back. Doesn't speak for the ALL players obviously, but it's something.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17962-how-do-you-play-f13-poll/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

@UltraX2000 As I'm sure you're aware, there are no stats on console player count so there's no way to confirm one way or the other. Best I can give you is a thread I made a while back. Doesn't speak for the ALL players obviously, but it's something.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17962-how-do-you-play-f13-poll/

Well, this is still data and its great. Thank you!

Unless anyone has data that actually shows the kinds of average numbers for consoles all anyone can do is say they don't know.

Sales numbers are far easier to obtain, getting in to the nitty-gritty with consoles is a real chore and that's what matters. You can sell 20 million copies of a game and have 200 people playing at any given time or you can sell 1 million copies and have 50,000 playing. 

I assume there are more people playing this game regularly than on PC, but given PC numbers and the current state of the game, it still can't be good. 

If anyone can link to actual numbers that'd be great. In fact if there's a site that maintains all this information, up to date, for consoles please share.

2 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

If anyone can link to actual numbers that'd be great. In fact if there's a site that maintains all this information, up to date, for consoles please share.

Those are numbers you will never find, as developers prefer to keep it a secret.

The numbers published by steam are largely inaccurate. I have heard other developers say that they wish they had the number of people playing their game that steam claims.

Alls i know is the game is healthy on Xbox.    

Which is pretty funny consider every Youtube Video i've seen on F13th in the past few days is about the game being DEAD?

Yes.. its sooo dead.   So dead i find a packed lobby in 20 seconds.  And Looking for group has 200+ games going.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

PS4, has had a noticeable slow down in match making. 

I’m having the opposite experience,and I’m seeing a huge influx of new players this past month, and I’m getting into lobbies quicker than ever. This game is selling like hot cakes on PS4 is my guess.

Last night I could fill a lobby, maybe it was the time but it was the first time I ever experienced it. I have seen new players that's true, but not filling a lobby was very sad. I hope it was a fluke but the pubs/devs remaining silent doesn't help.

11 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Last night I could fill a lobby, maybe it was the time but it was the first time I ever experienced it. I have seen new players that true, but not filling a lobby was very sad. I hope it was a fluke but the pubs/devs remaining silent doesn't help.

I had some long waits last night too. I thought I was in the salt mines because earlier the hosts were constantly quitting, but I don’t know if that affects other players. But I went about 30 min without getting a QP lobby, even after a few restarts. 

17 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I think more people around the world have consoles versus a high end PC.

High end pc is not needed to play this game, but indeed less people have a dedicated gaming pc then a console.

It's popped up quite a lot recently in sales and popular games on ps store eu. Been really cheap in the online sales at around £10. 

I've always had longish waits to get into a lobby, it's never really changed since I bought the game. 9/10 I enter a US hosted lobby, which is crap on the ping.

There's definitely more new players on ps4, Ive been in a lot with level under 30's past few weeks. 

The game seems healthy on ps4, but only gun can know for sure and I imagine that would determine whether dedicated is worth doing. 

9 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

I had some long waits last night too. I thought I was in the salt mines because earlier the hosts were constantly quitting, but I don’t know if that affects other players. But I went about 30 min without getting a QP lobby, even after a few restarts. 

Didn't get the message people talk about when they're in the mines, I don't like leaving matches, so I don't. It could have been the network itself, so I wouldn't use my experience as proof of anything. It was disheartening though, I haven't had very many bugs, so there's that. Have had it freeze after a match twice.