Manny1985

Picking a different publisher and developer

I would be curious as to how Rockstar games would handle it. Also IO interactive the guys behind Hitman. That said Im forever grateful to GUN/illfonic because they made this game.

Edited by F134Ever86

31 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Good for you, I am sure that has brought you a lot of success in life, untold riches, beautiful woman, and undying happiness. Here's a cookie.

image.jpeg.01eb2d125639d24939580fdf5ad7563a.jpeg

WE LIKE GINGERSNAPS!

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I would be curious as to how Rockstar games would handle it. Also IO interactive the guys behind Hitman

Sex would be in game

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I would pick Running with Scissors, they're the guys that made the Postal series. They manage to make completely playable and fun games with enough money to get a burrito from 7-11. I think they would have done something really cool with this game.

Holy shit, the guy talking during that video is the most annoyingly unfunny asshole on Earth. I had to stop watching he was so bad.

The game looks like shit, too. Sorry.

Since no one else will say it.... I will. I choose Gun/Illfonic. We do not need a different publisher or developer. They made a great game... and bugs can be fixed.

Once all of this mess is cleared up we will probably hear more on the reasoning of how and why they went about doing what they have done so far... while the case is ongoing, it should not need to be explained to anyone why they cannot talk about hardly anything to do with it... which would explain their silence when asked many questions that have been asked in the last several months.
   But from what little we do actually know... and this is just speculation mind you, but based on what little we know.... They have known about this deadline for some time and rushed out as much content as they could get out without being able to fix very many bugs along the way. Now we have much more content, even though it is not as much as many of us would like... Even with Uber Jason in the game files, if you saw him used in game... it was not hard to figure out he was not finished... being he was not finished before the deadline, we do not get him in game now... things may change when the court case is settled.
   As it is now, we have some good content in the game that can be tweaked and fixed or otherwise adjusted. They have stated that they will be continuing on fixes, balance and dedicated servers.... and with no one working on new content now, fixes and servers may just happen much faster than we expected from this point on. But from what I have seen about many people's expectations... even if everything was fixed by next week... that would not be soon enough.

@Manny1985 your explanations of "want" and "need" leave much to be desired in my opinion.
   Playing a game is of course... a "want"... but if you want to play the game, then you actually do "need" the developers to continue to support and fix problems of all kinds with said game... until it is working properly. At that point, if you still "want" to play the game, then you still "need" the developers to maintain servers and such to continue to play it... unless your only "want" with the game at that point is to play single player aspects, then and only then would you no longer "need" the developers to fulfill your "want". 
   It appears your psychology professor did not explain the difference between "want" and "need" well enough. If you actually "want" one thing... you actually do "need" a lot of other things to happen for you to ever have the thing you "want". Even just the logistics behind getting a sprig of broccoli (just an example, don't hate on the broccoli here) into a store is pretty freakin' crazy... and you "need" every aspect of that to happen to get said broccoli into the store for you to even have a chance to buy it, no matter how much you "want" it.

Also, fan support can have a big part of keeping something going... and they play a huge part in something failing as well. Do you actually think that all those youtubers that have no understanding about what is going on AT ALL, but claim the game is dead, done or over is going to help? Chances are this is going to hurt new and future sales greatly. People need to stop, look at the facts beyond the headline... read and actually understand what little we do know, and wait for more information.
   Not reading beyond the headline of "End of Content... no future content" leads to a lot of assumptions... and making assumptions will usually (actually, almost always) make an ass out of anyone making the assumptions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Playing a game is of course... a "want"... but if you want to play the game, then you actually do "need" the developers to continue to support

My argument is playing a video game isn't a need in the first place, so this talking about needing the developer is non sense. When the game does eventually die, we will all move on with our lives, and that will be that. At it's base, people don't NEED to play the game. 

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

My argument is playing a video game isn't a need in the first place, so this talking about needing the developer is non sense. When the game does eventually die, we will all move on with our lives, and that will be that. At it's base, people don't NEED to play the game. 

You clearly didn't understand anything he just said...

Love it @Ahab, very well put.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Holy Crap, I stopped at Postal 1. I didn't know there was a part three. I am changing my vote to his developer. This game looks funny.

Postal 2 is on sale on steam sometimes for 99 cents, it's so worth it.

@Dolemite, it's definitely not the prettiest game, these guys are truly an indie studio and operate on a shoestring budget. But the game has no glaring bugs or glitches. It's not for everyone, but postal 2 was the only game I know of that had Gary Coleman in it committing mass murder in a shopping mall.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

You clearly didn't understand anything he just said...

Love it @Ahab, very well put.

I get it, to fulfil the wants, there is going to be some combination of needs to happen. As I stated though the desire to play this game or games in general is a want and not a need. 

This also gets into a deeper discussion of chance vs opportunity that stems from the want vs need arguement. To use your broccoli example, even if we need to eat, buying your food is not a need but a want based on preference. I can promise you if a person needs to eat to the point it’s an actual necessity, they aren’t going to the store to buy broccoli.

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

glaring bugs or glitches

Say that 5 times fast...

Just now, Truth said:

Say that 5 times fast...

I was barely able to type it with my fat thumbs.

14 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I get it, to fulfil the wants, there is going to be some combination of needs to happen. As I stated though the desire to play this game or games in general is a want and not a need. 

This also gets into a deeper discussion of chance vs opportunity that stems from the want vs need arguement. To use your broccoli example, even if we need to eat, buying your food is not a need but a want based on preference. I can promise you if a person needs to eat to the point it’s an actual necessity, they aren’t going to the store to buy broccoli.

With the Broccoli example, when the need is paramount or in fact the want, they will more than likely pilfer it from the field or cold-store! In game terms, I think if Gun and Illfonic pull the plug there will still be a select group still trying to play and particularly with pc games there will be a select few that will begin satisfying the necessity of their want by doing it themselves by modding or hacking the game when the developer no longer feels the need or the want to police it anymore.

If I could pick anyone to develop the next Friday game it would be Creative Assembly. They know what the fans want when it comes to movie-tie in games.

2 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I was merely using the broccoli analogy as an example. I fully understand that when someone is hungry enough, they will not necessarily use "legal" methods to obtain the food they "need" to survive.... whether they want to or not.

I don't think anyone actually "needs" the game.... but we "want" to continue to have the opportunity to play when we "want" to play.... for which we "need" them to fulfill all these "wants" and they need us (as an attractant for future customers to even "want" the game) to even bother keeping the game going so the "want" can be fulfilled. As @Truth said: "It all comes full circle".... wants and needs are intertwined through the wording describing both... among other things.
   Anyway, this is starting to sound like an old Abbott and Costello routine.
   The game will eventually die like any other... and people will move on, many long before it dies. I don't think Truth meant that we need the game in the way that you thought with what he said. But there is no reason to rush the game into a premature grave without a lightning rod. In the same breath, I don't want this to turn into an argument over simple use of language.

Chance vs opportunity is also a very interesting subject... but we are moving off topic... and that could make for some long posts... in an "Off Topic" thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Holy shit, you're annoying.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Alright, did you actually believe any of the things I was typing ?I was just impersonating Dory for the sake of levity here on the forums .No hard feelings as in times of hardships we need some laughter to wash it away.

Holy shit , man. You DEFINITELY got me there. I thought your account got hacked.

I wouldn't want anyone else than gun and Illfonic. They changed a lot of people's lives.

My argument is playing a video game isn't a need in the first place

I wouldn't want to live without games. Holy shit , life would be fucking boring.

20 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

That is a good point, but I would disagree. All the movies basically have the same plot, but some are done better than others. I wouldn't discount small little details developers make in their games. Don't get me wrong, I like the small details in the game that pay homage to the films, but the bugs and glitches have been an issue for over a year now. To say no developer would of done a better job is something I don't agree with. 

I didn't say no developer would've done better, I said no developer would've really been able to offer much more of a gameplay experience... Obviously any number of companies would be capable of making a cleaner, less buggy Friday game, but I doubt many could offer much difference in game play that would really separate itself from this game.. You even said it yourself, there's minimal plot in any of the Friday movies. They all follow the same formula and are paper thin depth-wise (so much so that one of the movies had only an 80 page script) so a full length single player experience really isn't in the cards for a franchise like this. Considering that, anyone else that took a crack at the franchise would likely be making the same asymmetrical multiplayer game with some slightly different goals, weapons, kills, and maps. 

Basically I'm saying that if someone else took a crack at it then it would be like NFL2k vs Madden. Yeah, there's pros and cons in each and people have their preferences, but you'd still essentially be playing the same game. 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:08 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Another pubs/devs team didn't give me this game.

Another pubs/devs team didn't give me this *broken game.

Fixed. 

On 6/14/2018 at 1:05 PM, F134Ever86 said:

Yea this game will never die on pc.

Delusion... convince yourself. 

7 minutes ago, UntilDawna said:

Another pubs/devs team didn't give me this *broken game.

Fixed. 

You didn't fix it, I said what I meant.

@JPops, want to talk to this guy. Double posts, acting like a troll trying to provoke people.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You didn't fix it, I said what I meant.

@JPops, what to talk to this guy. Double posts, acting like a troll trying to provoke people.

Oh I'm sorry, I'll keep my opinions to myself unless they're praising and glorifying the game. 

7 minutes ago, UntilDawna said:

Delusion... convince yourself. 

Seriously. Modders will have their way.