Manny1985

Picking a different publisher and developer

Just out of curiosity, if you select a developer and publisher to take over this game, who would you pick? I would go with Klei Entertainment. Don't Starve Together was a pretty good game. I would give them a crack at F13.

This doesn't seem like a healthy topic... I understand your reasoning, but (in my opinion) this isn't the time to keep shitting on the devs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

This doesn't seem like a healthy topic... I understand your reasoning, but (in my opinion) this isn't the time to keep shitting on the devs.

I know plenty of people have already called me a jerk in the past based on my view points and comments, but I could care less about the developers as much as I am betting they could care less about my personal opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I know plenty of people have already called me a jerk in the past based on my view points and comments, but I could could not care less about the developers as much as I am betting they could could not care less about my personal opinions. 

Ftfy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I know plenty of people have already called me a jerk in the past based on my view points and comments, but I could care less about the developers as much as I am betting they could care less about my personal opinions. 

Just to clarify, I have no problem with your opinion. I totally understand it. I'm sure you've seen my (MANY) posts regarding this. If we abandon them, they have no reason to even bother trying anymore.

@Bropollocreed79 That always bothers me too lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Just to clarify, I have no problem with your opinion. I totally understand it. I'm sure you've seen my (MANNY) posts regarding this. If we abandon them, they have no reason to even bother trying anymore.

If I hadn't already used up my allotment of reactions for the day, I'd definitely tag that.

Also, Ftfy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Just to clarify, I have no problem with your opinion. I totally understand it. I'm sure you've seen my (MANY) posts regarding this. If we abandon them, they have no reason to even bother trying anymore.

Like I said in previous post, as much as I love playing this game, if they abandoned it, I will just move on to the next game. Beside, it's not fan opinion or support that will keep this game going. Any decisions on continuing this game are going to revolve around $$$ more than anything else.  If people continue to buy it, they will continue to fix it. If sales drop to a point where they are losing money, the game will die. $$$ ultimately will be the deciding factor.

22 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yeah, I was about to pop in here and say the same thing. Reading shit like that is really going to make them want to stick around for the long haul.

Personally - other than the bugs - I think the game is great.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolemite said:

Yeah, I was about to pop in here and say the same thing. Reading shit like this is really going to make them want to stick around for the long haul.

Personally - other than the bugs - I think the game is great.

The only thing that is going to make them stick around is $$$$, everything else is just small potatoes. Don't forget, we are talking about a business whose main purpose is to make money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Manny1985 said:

The only thing that is going to make them stick around is $$$$, everything else is just small potatoes. Don't forget, we are talking about a business whose main purpose is to make money.

Yeah, the game is clearly a project solely motivated by money. No passion or love of the source material went into the making of this game. Uh-huh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

lol last time I checked all businesses' main purpose is to make money, even organisations that state they are non-profit organisations have to make money to cover their operating costs or they cease to be

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Ea and Ubisoft

Same, all those loot crates and microtransactions... Sigh... What a missed opportunity by EA and Ubi...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

solely motivated

I didn't say only motivated by money, I said that was their main motivation. There is a difference. Also, this is a company that needs money to pay it's employees to stay open. If the game loses money, do you think they will be able to stay open?

And although they loved the material, that doesn't mean they didn't plan on making money off of it.

14 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If people continue to buy it, they will continue to fix it.

And nobody is going to buy it if the player base is gone... It all comes full circle man. They need us as much as we need them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

They need us as much as we need them

Sorry but when you stuff like this, I have a hard time taking it seriously. We don't NEED them. You WANT them to continue the game. WANT and NEED are two different things. They NEED a player base to keep the game going, I agree there. As a player base, we don't NEED them. Playing this game is not a NEED.

*Sorry about the rant, I just had a psychology professor that drilled into us the difference between want and need. 

I think any company would do it better than Illfonic, they just suck at their job DON'T BAN ME PLEASE!!! do a better job if you want me to have a different opinion.

I have games in my steam account that their developers update their game even twice a day, I see updates daily and bug fixes and they dont have the need to announce and mount a circus only for a little patch, they just release them and after they show the changelog

What is the point of this topic?

No Triple A developer or publisher would have touched this franchise.

Why do I say that?

The last F13 game was released in 1989.  

So in the 20ish years before Gun and Illfonic took up this franchise, any developer/publisher could have and did not.  

Without Gun and Illfonic, there would have been no future Friday the 13th game and if you wanted to play F13, you would have had to fire up your NES or NES Emulator. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

As a player base, we don't NEED them.

If we want the game to be as polished as it should be, yes we do.

Nobody else is going to jump in and put in the work. Why would they? They didn't make the game and likely wouldn't be nearly as passionate about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

What is the point of this topic?

Why do I say that?

The last F13 game was released in 1989.  

So in the 20ish years before Gun and Illfonic took up this franchise, any developer/publisher could have and did not.  

Without Gun and Illfonic, there would have been no future Friday the 13th game and if you wanted to play F13, you would have had to fire up your NES or NES Emulator. 

What's the point of any topic? To ask a question or make a comment and to get an answer or response. I like to play video games, so I thought I'd list some publishers who I think are good at what they do. FYI, your point....... 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

.... is false. If you had followed the development of this game, Sean Cunningham said he was approached by gaming companies in the past about making a game. He just didn't felt they were making the right type of game. So you point about "No Triple A developer or publisher would have touched this franchise" might not necessarily be true.

I'm happy and fine with the one we have. Look how many years between F13th games there was. Not like anyone else ever stepped up and made the game. I know Sean said he been approached before but passed. I  have faith they will have all the glitches and issues worked out eventually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

None of this matters.Quickplay is always a mess and the game is too damn dark.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

What's the point of any topic? To ask a question or make a comment and to get an answer or response. I like to play video games, so I thought I'd list some publishers who I think are good at what they do. FYI, your point....... 

.... is false. If you had followed the development of this game, Sean Cunningham said he was approached by gaming companies in the past about making a game. He just didn't felt they were making the right type of game. So you point about "No Triple A developer or publisher would have touched this franchise" might not necessarily be true.

Yes. lets make a topic just to shit all over two companies who are probably at their lowest point ever.  That makes a lot of sense.  You go boy!  Nothing like kicking someone while they're down. 

And of course a triple A developer or publisher wouldn't have touched this franchise.  if they would have there would have been a Friday the 13th game any time in the 90s or early 2000s.  There wasn't.  Please, Sean wasn't approached by any triple A publisher or developer because if he would have been he would have taken them up on the offer.  Money makes the world go round and a triple A publisher and developer would have had more money to throw at him than Gun/Ill. 

Lol.People talking about different developers when I want the game to be better for COUNSELORS to play .LMFAO at this forum sometimes...…..