Sign in to follow this  
Super Ty

Your thoughts on J7 post-patch

Now that we’ve had several weeks of the “new and improved” Part 7, how does everyone feel about the changes? I personally love them. From watching various streams, it seems more people are using him now, and I dare say that I think he’s not the worst Jason in the game anymore. I give that title to Part 4. I’m sure folks will disagree with me, but I personally think giving J7 a normal shift is what makes the difference for me between the two. I can keep the pressure on with that, and now have a chance to stop the car (not happening with J4). Weapon strength is also, so much better for J7 to have than that ridiculous grip strength that he had. It makes him slightly better at managing the counselors ganging up on him than before I find. I do still think only 3 traps is just not enough, which is why I suggested giving him, J4 & J9 a minimum of 4 traps in a different thread. But overall, I’m very happy to see that my favorite looking Jason is finally a viable option IMO.

• Like 1

7 is by far the best looking Jason in the game. I haven't used him in multi-player since the patch, but I'm glad people are starting to use him more. 

And I agree with the OP, part IV is the worst Jason in multi-player currently.

7 is a lot better than he used to be, i'm so happy they got rid of his -Shift.

P7 was a real pain in the ass to play as pre-update.

I never really had problems with him to begin with, but he does seem a lot better than before.

I got part 7 like 3 times in a row on Tuesday. I'm always set to random Jason, so I really wasn't expecting that. Kind of annoying, but I didn't have any issues.

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm liking him.  7 should have had that shift from the start.

Agreed. Part 7 with the spear seems to make him a beast. Just the shift adjustment alone makes him formidable. I've cleared a few lobbies with 7 and the spear.

He’s my favorite Jason and I’m actually playing him now. P4 can eat a dick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

Agreed. Part 7 with the spear seems to make him a beast. Just the shift adjustment alone makes him formidable. I've cleared a few lobbies with 7 and the spear.

Think I’ve seen that guy Methodicalize play him a lot with the spear, but I could be wrong on the name. Regardless, it’s nice to see J7 finally getting some love!

I struggled with him pre patch. I could still do well but it was pretty hard. Post patch he's much easier to play. I personally rock the pig splitter on him. I actually have been putting it on most of them. But J7 with the splitter is intimidating as shit.

13 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Think I’ve seen that guy Methodicalize play him a lot with the spear, but I could be wrong on the name. Regardless, it’s nice to see J7 finally getting some love!

You are not wrong.

• Like 1

Damn, that’s quite a reach with the spear. Makes sense to use it on him with the weapon damage.

I think he is pretty lackluster. You get -Traps for +Weapon strength. I would much rather use Part III then. They should just had given him +Morph too. Well , in his movie he wasn't that good either , so they have an excuse.

18 hours ago, malloymk said:

7 is by far the best looking Jason in the game. I haven't used him in multi-player since the patch, but I'm glad people are starting to use him more. 

And I agree with the OP, part IV is the worst Jason in multi-player currently.

Really? I just recently took to playing P4. The -traps -shift seem to be fine if you put the pressure on early especially on regular sized maps. When counselors are constantly running for life they give up on objectives it seams(or just dont have the time to search cabins thoroughly for parts). Been clearing QP pretty good.

21 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Really? I just recently took to playing P4. The -traps -shift seem to be fine if you put the pressure on early especially on regular sized maps. When counselors are constantly running for life they give up on objectives it seams(or just dont have the time to search cabins thoroughly for parts). Been clearing QP pretty good.

QP is fairly easy to clear with any Jason.

As a guy who uses random Jason, I used to keep my fingers crossed hoping if I got Jason it wouldn't be Part VII.  I knew I'd have a hard time getting 7/7 or 8/8 if he came up.

Now he's one of my favorites.

A side note: besides the FACT that Savini is the best and pre-patch Part VII was the worst, all the others come down to playstyle and match situation.

Some are better late-game vs. early-game (Part VI), or vice versa (Part IV), but all are now viable.

35 minutes ago, malloymk said:

QP is fairly easy to clear with any Jason.

Most of the time, yes.  But I've had some really tough QP games with coordinated groups.

Recently, I ran up against a lobby of Jason-hunters.  I was nearly killed.  Although if my ping wasn't so high (hovered between 200-250) it would have been easier.

He's still pretty weak. The -Traps is pretty bad regardless. +Weapon Strength is appreciated but doesn't help when the new grab locks you for a good 2 seconds and they screwed up combat by making Jason drop his block each time an attack lands on him.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He's still pretty weak. The -Traps is pretty bad regardless. +Weapon Strength is appreciated but doesn't help when the new grab locks you for a good 2 seconds and they screwed up combat by making Jason drop his block each time an attack lands on him.

Only getting 3 traps is a problem IMO. With balance and bugs being the only thing they can work on, hopefully they’ll take another look at how many traps he, J4 and J9 have. 

@The Wolf with that Toast I agree Part 3 is better, but I also think he’s pretty much the most well rounded Jason in the game. So it’s sort of an apples to oranges thing.

He is improved a lot. He still isnt in my top 3, but he is much more of a lethal force.

That -shift before was the worst. The longer shift becoming available more is such an improvement. Before he was too easy to outrun. 

First time i used him post patch I nearly had a wipe except one with a great group of players. 

I hated part 7 before, I still hate him now. Seriously, why pick him when all the other Jason get the Job done better?

For me, part 8 is the perfect Jason. He has good everything, at least 5 traps, and his weaknesses are negligible. 

I gave him the machete and haven't looked back.