Jump to content
Andre

We are all counting on the sucess of Halloween...again

Recommended Posts

If the new Halloween does well which from what I've seen and heard I have every right to believe ot will, Im sure this will prompt Sean and Victor to come to some quick agreement to get another Friday the 13th film rolling, just as the original Halloween's sucess prompted them to create the first Friday 40 years ago

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If they can come to terms it would be better for everyone. 

 This is what I am hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Hollywood needs to get away from these old IPs and come up with more additional original horror movies. It Follows was amazing, and I am looking forward to watching Hereditary. I have actually enjoyed more foreign horror movies lately. Under the Shadow and the Babadook are two of my favorite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Andre said:

If the new Halloween does well which from what I've seen and heard I have every right to believe ot will, Im sure this will prompt Sean and Victor to come to some quick agreement to get another Friday the 13th film rolling, just as the original Halloween's sucess prompted them to create the first Friday 40 years ago

30+ years of legal animosity doesn't just wash away with the illusion of financial gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, last years F13 movie that was killed would have made a ton of money.  Everyone knows that.  It did not matter, just like when Halloween 2018 is the number 1 movie at the box office its opening weekend won't matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Meh, last years F13 movie that was killed would have made a ton of money.  Everyone knows that.  It did not matter, just like when Halloween 2018 is the number 1 movie at the box office its opening weekend won't matter. 

I was coming here to say the same thing!

Hopefully the Halloween movie this year kicks these guys in the ass to resolve the copyright battle quicker to keep the franchise alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Meh, last years F13 movie that was killed would have made a ton of money.  Everyone knows that.  It did not matter, just like when Halloween 2018 is the number 1 movie at the box office its opening weekend won't matter. 

Not necessarily, if you look at box office numbers, returns haven’t been great, outside of Freddy vs Jason, revenues haven’t been great among the last few sequels. The remake didn’t do to bad, but not enough to make a follow up. If I remember correctly, the ring reboot poor book office performance is what killed Jason.

 

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Friday-the-13th#tab=summary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Meh, last years F13 movie that was killed would have made a ton of money.  Everyone knows that.  It did not matter, just like when Halloween 2018 is the number 1 movie at the box office its opening weekend won't matter. 

Not sure if you watched Never Hike Alone, but I definitely advise everyone to go watch it if they haven't. Free on youtube and it was better than some of the official movies (in my opinion). There's also another fan film looking for funds right now:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19676-mythos-a-friday-the-13th-fan-film/

Just thought I'd pop that in here in case anyone is interested.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I have no doubt this will be the best Halloween yet! I only hope the success of the film spawns a video game.

As long as the people that make that game do it justice and maintain the game better than this one. We do not need another bugfest. And dedicated servers for consoles on the get-go. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

As long as the people that make that game do it justice and maintain the game better than this one. We do not need another bugfest. And dedicated servers for consoles on the get-go. 

This^...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I think Hollywood needs to get away from these old IPs and come up with more additional original horror movies. It Follows was amazing, and I am looking forward to watching Hereditary. I have actually enjoyed more foreign horror movies lately. Under the Shadow and the Babadook are two of my favorite. 

I've seen It Follows. Looks like I'm gonna grab the other titles and pick up some more popcorn for the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.

3 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Well I can guarantee that Halloween will be a MAJOR success at the box office.Michael personally needs his own game.

Michael, Freddy, and a half dozen other killers need their own games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Not necessarily, if you look at box office numbers, returns haven’t been great, outside of Freddy vs Jason, revenues haven’t been great among the last few sequels. The remake didn’t do to bad, but not enough to make a follow up. If I remember correctly, the ring reboot poor book office performance is what killed Jason.

 

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Friday-the-13th#tab=summary

The remake had the highest opening weekend of any of the films.  

You really think if that movie was released last year it wouldn't have put up the same type of success? 

The last two films, remake and FvJ, made a combined 140 million dollars in profit.

https://movieweb.com/friday-the-13th-franchise-update-2018-jason/  

" Fans think it's so simple, that if we want to make the movie we can go make it, and that's just not the case. There are rights issues; originally, Warner Bros. owned the rights, then Paramount had them for a couple of years, and now I think the rights are reverting back to Warner Bros. At the same time, there's this on-going lawsuit with Victor Miller. If there's a lawsuit hanging over the rights, it's problematic, you can't really make the movie until that gets settled."

The movie was cancelled for one reason and one reason only...the ongoing battle of the rights of the franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myers personally needs his own game along with Leatherface and Freddy. I’m grateful DBD gave them a spot in the game but they need a game dedicated to them. Myers has always been my favorite slasher villain (Myers > Jason). Myers would be great for an Alien Isolation type of game. Running through Haddonfield with an amazing Myers AI. It would certainly need to be by AAA devs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The remake had the highest opening weekend of any of the films.  

You really think if that movie was released last year it wouldn't have put up the same type of success? 

The last two films, remake and FvJ, made a combined 140 million dollars in profit.

https://movieweb.com/friday-the-13th-franchise-update-2018-jason/  

" Fans think it's so simple, that if we want to make the movie we can go make it, and that's just not the case. There are rights issues; originally, Warner Bros. owned the rights, then Paramount had them for a couple of years, and now I think the rights are reverting back to Warner Bros. At the same time, there's this on-going lawsuit with Victor Miller. If there's a lawsuit hanging over the rights, it's problematic, you can't really make the movie until that gets settled."

The movie was cancelled for one reason and one reason only...the ongoing battle of the rights of the franchise. 

The remake made less than fvj, and I think that threw off producers with a faster follow up. 

 

The ring reboot definitely had an impact on Friday the 13th being released 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/friday-13th-movie-reboot-sequel/amp/

the lawsuit gained traction because the movie was never made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

The remake made less than fvj, and I think that threw off producers with a faster follow up. 

 

The ring reboot definitely had an impact on Friday the 13th being released 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/friday-13th-movie-reboot-sequel/amp/

the lawsuit gained traction because the movie was never made.

The remake not being made has absolutely nothing to with why the lawsuit was filed. 

Miller filed for termination of rights back in August of 2016.  The movie was cancelled in February of 2017. 

Miller filing for termination of rights, as well as the jumble of Paramount/Warner Brothers/New Line having the rights to the franchise is what killed the movie. 

That quote I provided in my last post is directly from the person who was lined up to be the Producer of the 2017 F13 movie.  The script was written, the location was selected. 

But you're right, that article you linked is right...they know more than the person who was going to be the Producer of the film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×