Sign in to follow this  
malloymk

Cop exit predictability

I have always been under the impression that the cops will visit an exit at random. Though I have not play-tested this theory specifically, I feel like I have discovered over time that it'sat random.

Yesterday someone was insisting that they go to the exit nearest the phone house. For 3 straight games this was accurate. Is this a thing I haven't noticed in all the hours I've played? Or am I correct in that it makes no difference where the phone house is?

I don't think so. Just played at Pinehurst it had the fuze, but they came to the far East side.

@malloymk I've heard that theory before, but I'm pretty sure it was debunked. Still worth some more testing though since I'm not really sure.

@Slasher_Clone Pinehurst is an oddball in general.

There is no method to this madness. It is pure chance, my son (of all people) sort of confirmed it. Yes, sometimes the cops can appear to the closest exit by the phonehouse many times (also opposite), but then again you might flip tails 10 times in a row. 

• Like 1

Just now, lasse_hei said:

Yes, sometimes the cops can appear to the closest exit by the phonehouse, but then again you might flip tails 10 times in a row. 

Touche...

I guess the only real way to test this is to do several hundred attempts. If it's even close to 50/50 I'd say it's random. Good luck with that lol

8 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

There is no method to this madness. It is pure chance, my son (of all people) sort of confirmed it. Yes, sometimes the cops can appear to the closest exit by the phonehouse many times (also opposite), but then again you might flip tails 10 times in a row. 

That's what I thought. I just had to second guess myself. After she stated that they come closed to the fuse house. She was right 3 straight times. Not that it's uncommon to flip a coin 3 times and come up heads each time, but I still thought I would double check here.

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

That's what I thought. I just had to second guess myself. After she stated that they come closed to the fuse house. She was right 3 straight times. Not that it's uncommon to flip a coin 3 times and come up heads each time, but I still thought I would double check here.

And this is why I like you so much. Good exchange, within the game or without:)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

And this is why I like you so much. Good exchange, within the game or without:)

Same to you lasse

• Thanks 1

The cops always show up at the OTHER exit. ..lol

Just ask a random player or friend which exit they think the cops will show up at..  And then chose the opposite instead.

• Thanks 2

A couple of patches ago, maybe three, it would almost always appear opposite of the phone house.  That since seems to have changed to mostly random.  I haven't found a pattern yet to it.  

I always heard exit opposite side from the phone. Usually seemed to play out that way for me. I'll usually just aim for the middle and go from there. I prefer to hedge my bets on this. Especially if I have a knife as I'll wait at the exit for others in case they need help crossing the finish line. 

• Like 1

Your comment is the 1st time I've heard someone say it spawns on the same side as the phone house. I have heard several people say it's the opposite side but it is indeed random.

It's random but it's also biased, like everything else in this game that uses the RNG.

I think that's why people think it spawns opposite side. 

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It's random but it's also biased, like everything else in this generation that uses the RNG.

Most annoying thing on Earth is what I sneak over to the exit I hope the cops will appear at while I'm using a low stamina character like AJ and then the cops appear on the other side of the map. Like, fuck, man.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I like it being random. It's fun to guess and try to figure out where you should go. 

I like the randomness too. It makes things interesting when you end up at the wrong exit, and have to make up for lost time.

2 hours ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I like it being random. It's fun to guess and try to figure out where you should go. 

Especially if you've been waiting at an exit for a few minutes while Jason kills the other counselors. Then Jason shows up with 10 seconds left and you feverishly fend him off all the while going "please please please cops be here" then BOOM. Cops show at your exit and you escape. Good laughs and kudos from the rest of the lobby on your luck.

• Like 1

Several months ago when I played heavily we always thought the cops came to the opposite side of the map where the cops were called.

Example: The fuse house is on the right side of the map and you find the fuse and successfully call the cops. The cops will show on the left side of the map.

We tested this and it was accurate, accept for the rare times when the fuse house was in the middle of the map and then it was totally random.

Again this was several months ago, it may not be accurate now. 

• Like 1

I have also heard theories like they come to the side with the most people on it, or least people on it. 

Everyone seems to have a theory but its RNG. 

Last night we had the cops come to the exit closest to main house on Pinehurst(which was the phone house). There was also a game that the phone house was across Palmer's Pass on Packanack and the cops came to the southwest below Hodder's Path, so opposite side.