Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Could the Retro Jason rework still happen?

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Making NES Jason his own, even if he is still selected in the same way, would count as new content, because they would be adding unique assets to that model.

If you simply changed his stats that would be akin to a balance change. 

Went looking for it but there doesn't appear to be any Gunmedia content available on the twitch. I'll check YouTube sometime and get back to you. I do remember it, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Does anyone else remember Wes answering a question about Retro?

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you simply changed his stats that would be akin to a balance change. 

But then you'd be changing Part 3. If you make part 3 and Retro have separate stats, that counts as an addition in content.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

But then you'd be changing Part 3. If you make part 3 and Retro have separate stats, that counts as an addition in content.

Then they are lying to us when they say they can do a balance change because that is all it is. We are talking about tweeking a skin here. A skin that exists in game. Not to mention that a simple change in the code is all that is required. You don't have to fully change part 3. Just like when they changed his music and color to give us the skin. 

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The end of the SPC stream I believe, I may be mistaken or I might just be too tired to think now. 

I remember someone asking and him giving an answer something along the lines of, we have plans we think you'll all like. 

(Change the theme if it doesn´t work.)

on Page 5 , @wes said , on May 29th , as a Response to @tyrant666 :

I want to answer this question with every fiber of my body. But we have something up our sleeve. It's not directly related to retro jason, but kinda is. It will all make sense in the future. But I don't want to ruin it. 

I am still hyped...I want this to become real.....

• Thanks 1

Like what @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellowsaid. If the Retro Jason skin had different stats than part 3, that would still count as them adding new content...

I know it sucks... But, they've already said that the lawsuit is making it impossible for them too release new content. 

But hey! I'm no expert with how lawsuits work. Would you mind answering this question @ShiftySamurai?

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

on Page 5 , @wes said , on May 29th , as a Response to @tyrant666 :

I am still hyped...I want this to become real.....

Thanks buddy, really appreciate it. I knew he said it recently but couldn't remember where.

18 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks buddy, really appreciate it. I knew he said it recently but couldn't remember where.

No Problem , man.

I do anything for Retro-Jason.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:53 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yep, Victor Miller owns the rights to video game character stats and their code.  He owns the rights to everything.  He even owns me.

• Haha 1

Looking back.

This was only one month after launch.

http://f13game.com/news/retro-jason-skin-dlc/

Its crazy to think how many ideas floated around and how NOTHING happened, including even removing him to even be reworked. Including the brilliant NES map ideas created by @MadMike

Then @wes finally addressed this right about the time things really went south.

At this point, if it's never gonna happen, I kinda wish we would've gotten some kind of bone on this? Was this going to be...

1. New NES map?

2. Reworked Retro with his owns stats, kills and weapon?

3. Both

4. New mode?

5. Or another new song that can be heard by both Counselor and Jason?

This can't be an NDA issue...

Ah well...

tumblr_nminm6kGoD1urjd2io1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

At this point, if it's never gonna happen, I kinda wish we would've gotten some kind of bone on this? Was this going to be...

1. New NES map?

2. Reworked Retro with his owns stats, kills and weapons?

3. Both

4. New mode?

5. Or another new song that can be heard by both Counselor and Jason?

I would have liked to know as well, I even asked Wes a few months ago if we could find out what was in the works for it.

There’s still hope you know, the smartest (or greediest) move, is to have a new game come out at the same time as any reboot. You know a reboot is likely, now that Halloween has made bank. Sean can’t keep his head buried in his own ass forever.

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I would have liked to know as well, I even asked Wes a few months ago if we could find out what was in the works for it.

There’s still hope you know, the smartest (or greediest) move, is to have a new game come out at the same time as any reboot. You know a reboot is likely, now that Halloween has made bank. Sean can’t keep his head buried in his own ass forever.

We are long overdue for a new F13 movie. If only it wasn't for that lawsuit. I guess we can all dream in the meantime.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

We are long overdue for a new F13 movie. If only it wasn't for that lawsuit. I guess we can all dream in the meantime.

Oh, dream I do. Littered through my posting history are ideas for about a dozen F13 projects, I just wish the right damn people would read them and be bloody inspired, it is long over due.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh, dream I do. Littered through my posting history are ideas for about a dozen F13 projects, I just wish the right damn people would read them and be bloody inspired, it is long over due.

I'm inspired, but I don't have the pull or funds to make it happen. One day I will though...

Hope no one hates me for reviving this topic. I would assume that giving Retro Jason his own screen and stats would no more be considered new content than the rage buff, Victoria glutes rework, or upcoming perk changes. It's also an opportunity to have another Jason with more unique stats. Thinking of new stats they could technically add:

+hp

-knives

-destruction

-weapon strength

running as neither a strength or weakness. The way I can see that is he can jog, but at a speed halfway between a running and non running Jason.

Now imagine if Retro Jason had more health to help him deal better with hunters, but at the cost of being a less effective slasher or door smasher or sniper.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Hope no one hates me for reviving this topic. I would assume that giving Retro Jason his own screen and stats would no more be considered new content than the rage buff, Victoria glutes rework, or upcoming perk changes. It's also an opportunity to have another Jason with more unique stats. Thinking of new stats they could technically add:

+hp

-knives

-destruction

-weapon strength

running as neither a strength or weakness. The way I can see that is he can jog, but at a speed halfway between a running and non running Jason.

Now imagine if Retro Jason had more health to help him deal better with hunters, but at the cost of being a less effective slasher or door smasher or sniper.

I’d like them to complete the rework as much as anyone but think your suggestions about his strengths and weaknesses might cripple him a bit too much. The halfway between running and walking is an interesting idea, it might even be balanced on the big maps if he had plus Morph to help with mobility. 

I hope you inspire others to give some suggestions, thanks for reviving the topic man. 

Just another example of the start and stop method that's earned them the constant criticism they've gathered over the game's run.

1. First they added him as a 'sorry' for all their misfires at launch

2. Then they were gonna remove him and give him his own stats and music that both sides could hear

3. Then (MONTHS LATER) Wes FINALLY hinted (well really more circle jerking) what they were gonna do with him right before the lawsuit announced, then never did

There are a lot of combinations that could work.

+ Can Run (Ran in the NES game)

+ Water Speed (Blazed through water)

+ Weapon Strength (Killed quick if you didn't have potion or the sweater)

- Morph (Always went in a pattern around the lake)

- Less Hit Points (Ran away on the road when in danger)

- Grip Strength (No grabs in the NES game)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d like them to complete the rework as much as anyone but think your suggestions about his strengths and weaknesses might cripple him a bit too much.

Not suggesting he should have both -weapon strength and -destruction, should have clarified. -destruction is more reasonable because it won't matter when he hits rage anyway.

21 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

There are a lot of combinations that could work.

+ Can Run (Ran in the NES game)

+ Water Speed (Blazed through water)

+ Weapon Strength (Killed quick if you didn't have potion or the sweater)

- Morph (Always went in a pattern around the lake)

- Less Hit Points (Ran away on the road when in danger)

- Grip Strength (No grabs in the NES game)

I like this one, seems reasonably balanced. 

8 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Not suggesting he should have both -weapon strength and -destruction, should have clarified. -destruction is more reasonable because it won't matter when he hits rage anyway.

Ok, I was confused why you’d pick on him so bad, lol.