Sign in to follow this  
Alien_Number_Six

Could the Retro Jason rework still happen?

I think they're just gonna err on the side of caution and focus entirely on bug fixes and dedicated servers. Though they did mention they could do balancing tweaks, so maybe they could work on him a little? Guess we'll see.

Retro Jason is a skin for part 3, how would they tweak him individually without making another playable Jason? And that’s totally out of the question. They could do a few things, Uber Jason for example with the time they have left, but according to them anything added or locked in the game is cancelled for good.

55 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

Retro Jason is a skin for part 3, how would they tweak him individually without making another playable Jason? And that’s totally out of the question. They could do a few things, Uber Jason for example with the time they have left, but according to them anything added or locked in the game is cancelled for good.

You tweak the skin. A skin that is already part of the game. A couple ones and zeros and you have a skin that plays different. That simple.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

You tweak the skin. A skin that is already part of the game.

This, and as for his weapon goes, you can give him whatever from the get-go. 

He can be an early taste of weapon swapping for those who aren't sufficiently leveled up. 

Option B: give every Jason a retro color variant

Still technically just a modification to pre-existing material, I think. 

18 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

They said they can do balance changes so I don't see why they couldn't make a change to existing material.

Agreed

In their own (paraphrased) words, Retro Jason would have to be removed and reworked (and that new music + whatever else they had planned) would require them to retool things, but when he was finished, it would still technically be "new" DLC and introduced in a future patch as a "free DLC/ content" (such as Part IV and Roy).  With that (and all this bullshit legal mumbo-jumbo) in mind, Retro most likely will NOT be retooled and reintroduced. 

Now, if he only had stat changes that did not require his removal (like Part VII got) then there more than likely would not be a problem with that.

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

In their own (paraphrased) words, Retro Jason would have to be removed and reworked (and that new music + whatever else they had planned) would require them to retool things, but when he was finished, it would still technically be "new" DLC and introduced in a future patch as a "free DLC/ content" (such as Part IV and Roy).  With that (and all this bullshit legal mumbo-jumbo) in mind, Retro most likely will NOT be retooled and reintroduced. 

Now, if he only had stat changes that did not require his removal (like Part VII got) then there more than likely would not be a problem with that.

I think that we have to accept the fact that apart from bug fixes and minor balancing issues, we're not going to see anything else added to the game (and yes, making Retro his own Jason would be considered "new" content because he'd have his own unique stats and skill set) unless the trial ends sooner rather than later and no appeal is filed (at that level, you have a VERY short window to file a notice of appeal, I believe it's only 30 days).

Honestly we are looking at simple stat changes to existing material. If they can't do that then they can't do balance changes or bug fixes.

2 hours ago, RavenStorm32 said:

I sure hope it does, and I want the giant toothbrush as his weaponimage.png.61966dc2413b16df2a909c3c14ab2e79.png

That's an axe...

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That's an axe...

Oh... I thought that was from the commercials with singing dinosaurs...

"Brush your teeth, twice a day!"

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That's an axe...

No, it's "Laurel"

9 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Also his left hand forms the number 13

That's crazy lol, I've never noticed that.

@wes, want to explain what you meant when you said you had plans we'd all like?

Edit - Again, don't read this as angry, I want to know because I'm curious.

I think they're allowed to change whats already in the game, if they give his owns I make him like this.

Fighter Nes Jason:

Strengths:

Stun Resistance

High Defense

Can Run

Weaknesses:

Stalk

Grip

Sense

Travel Nes Jason (He traveled a lot to areas):

Strengths:

Water Speed 

Shift

Can Run

Weaknesses:

Morph

Grip

Stalk

15 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If they do it , then they should do it Right! Just giving him new stats…..nah. He Needs more.

They my not be able to do more then that.

15 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@wes, want to explain what you meant when you said you had plans we'd all like?

Edit - Again, don't read this as angry, I want to know because I'm curious.

When did he say that? 

19 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

When did he say that? 

The end of the SPC stream I believe, I may be mistaken or I might just be too tired to think now. 

I remember someone asking and him giving an answer something along the lines of, we have plans we think you'll all like.