Über Jason

This is how Gun & illfonic could save this game.

I have an idea to save this game. Gun media & illfonic could add DLC to this existing game with an original killer, a new original map that has nothing to do with the Friday the 13th license.

Just look at Dead by Daylight, they have licensed killers but started with original characters. Friday the 13th should follow the same route. Rename this game : Slasher Camp Vol. 1 featuring Jason. Then add new content but Jason & Conselors won’t be selectable for this new content. It’s a way for Gun to continue to sell DLC while keeping this game alive.

Then after the lawsuit is resolved, they could bring back the long promised Friday the 13th DLC and add them to the game if the settlement goes in favor of Cunningham.

No content can be released at all even if they have nothing to do with the Friday the 13th franchise. Content can only be released after the lawsuit is settled which is going to take a very long time and the developers will be moved on by then. So what is currently in the game now is what you get. 

12 minutes ago, BigJay said:

No content can be released at all even if they have nothing to do with the Friday the 13th franchise. Content can only be released after the lawsuit is settled which is going to take a very long time and the developers will be moved on by then. So what is currently in the game now is what you get. 

But Victor was not entitled to any of that money. Victor did what the Copyright Act allows him to do, he sent a notice of termination to Sean [Cunningham], giving Sean two years notice of the termination (which would occur in June 2018). The way it usually works in these cases is that the producer and the terminating writer will then have the two year period to work out a deal on how the money will be split on future projects (the termination does not affect movies already completed).

One of the problems is that although both sides argued motions for summary judgment last October, the judge in the case still hasn’t ruled. This has really slowed things down.

I'm sure that the notice of the termination, where the date is listed, is why this game can no longer add any more content. This would be, of course, what Zerner says the "working out a deal". The thing is, Sean sued instead of making some sort of deal, causing this whole lawsuit anyway. Again, this is my interpretation and I could definitely be wrong. Law is confusing and messy to me!

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3504232/part-iii-star-larry-zerner-now-lawyer-clearly-explains-messy-friday-13th-lawsuit/

I get what you're saying, and I agree with it. However I'm pretty sure it would need to wait until the lawsuit is finished or until they settle out of court. Personally, I think they should settle, because court could take a VERY long time..

3 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I get what you're saying, and I agree with it. However I'm pretty sure it would need to wait until the lawsuit is finished or until they settle out of court. Personally, I think they should settle, because court could take a VERY long time..

I agree with you here. The thing is, Sean sued Victor stating that the agreement was not terminable, where they could easily have figured out how to split profit from future works instead. This would ultimately have allowed the thirteenth Friday the 13th film to be released on October 13, 2017, which was canceled. People say that it was due to Rings poor opening weekend, but I think this rights issue had something to do with it.

Uber Jason or Grendel won't save the game. What it will save it is to offer a decent game, technically speaking first, for having some new players to buy it (maybe with a discount). 

And in its current state, I'm sorry but nobody will want buy this game with so many issue.

Okay, for us who have been playing since 1 year or few months, we ask for new content, but think about new players who could buy this game, in term of content, it's really great already.

They need to concentrate on issue and glitch to make more sales.

17 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

Victor did what the Copyright Act allows him to do, he sent a notice of termination to Sean [Cunningham], giving Sean two years notice of the termination (which would occur in June 2018). The way it usually works in these cases is that the producer and the terminating writer will then have the two year period to work out a deal on how the money will be split on future projects (the termination does not affect movies already completed).

sounds similar to how Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty is supposed to work allowing Britain to eject itself from the european union

@Über Jason adding any content is adding to the official franchise. That would make it subject to whatever comes of the lawsuit.

There are other threads for discussing the fate of the game's future. We really don't need all these new ones.