Jump to content
thrawn3054

I can't believe it's come to this.

Recommended Posts

As the title says I'm having trouble believing it got to the point @ShiftySamurai actually had to take the time issuing a statement that death threats aren't okay. I get everyone is upset about the no future content. I was as gutted as anyone. But seriously people calm the hell down. This whole thing is enough of a mess without the villagers grabbing their torches and pitchforks. I don't know who is in the right (legally or morally) and it's a shame a settlement couldn't be reached before it got to this point. What I do know is people need to not be calling for anyone's head ( figuratively or most especially literally). It doesn't help anything and could damn sure hurt.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

As the title says I'm having trouble believing it got to the point @ShiftySamurai actually had to take the time issuing a statement that death threats aren't okay. I get everyone is upset about the no future content. I was as gutted as anyone. But seriously people calm the hell down. This whole thing is enough of a mess without the villagers grabbing their torches and pitchforks. I don't know who is in the right (legally or morally) and it's a shame a settlement couldn't be reached before it got to this point. What I do know is people need to not be calling for anyone's head ( figuratively or most especially literally). It doesn't help anything and could damn sure hurt.

3f2.jpeg

 

Yeah. I may be one of the biggest fucking assholes in these forums but I ain't threatening anyone or their families. It's a fucking shame that Shifty, or anyone else, had to tell members not to threaten death or violence against an old man for wanting his slice of a very big goddamn pie. Grow the fuck up.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to realize that threats and harassment do nothing but hurt your cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I couldn't imagine at the lowest of low moments in my life where I thought it would be okay to give a death threat to a guy online because my favorite video game might be going away.

Fucking losers.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the fact that people did that is unsettling. Youre just providing ammo for the people who want to dismantle the horror industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

making such threats is one thing and pointing them in the wrong direction is another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vigorowicz said:

making such threats is one thing and pointing them in the wrong direction is another.

Physically threatening anyone who isn't physically threatening you (or your family) directly is WRONG. None of this is worth someone's life. Whether it means the end of life or imprisoned for life. 

He's upset over money he feels he's owed. Any of us would be.

The worst part of the whole thing is people wanna harass an old man because they can't have some stupid video game content, yet those same people won't tell Gun Media to fix the shit they've messed up. They just kiss up and ask for more content. How does that make any sense??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

The worst part of the whole thing is people wanna harass an old man because they can't have some stupid video game content, yet those same people won't tell Gun Media to fix the shit they've messed up.

thats sums up situation pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think people from this forum are threatening him.  It's most likely people on Twitter.  Type in #FuckVictorMiller and you'll see posts that would cause the mods here to vomit in terror.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

The worst part of the whole thing is people wanna harass an old man because they can't have some stupid video game content, yet those same people won't tell Gun Media to fix the shit they've messed up. They just kiss up and ask for more content. How does that make any sense?? 

Great point! Online tough guys threaten an old author who just had to wait 35 years for his day in court! Let Vic and Sean settle this, and let the verdict be just. No matter who wins, I can wait for another clothing pack for god's sake! And the ones whining about Jason X and the maps can just wait till the gavel drops, it would be utterly stupid to do anything other than fix the game at this point and await the decision. I sincerely hope people can put aside their grievances until the court makes the call, as a writer myself I can only imagine being in Vic's shoes right now. If he truly is entitled to compensation for his work, he DESERVES IT! Shame on any fools who would threaten an old man going for what he feels he deserves! SHAME! Let the judge do his job, and then we can all go back to getting all the cool stuff our guys have been working on. Waiting won't hurt ya know! Online death threats from unknown assailants do! #don'tbeajackass!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I don't think people from this forum are threatening him.  It's most likely people on Twitter.  Type in #FuckVictorMiller and you'll see posts that would cause the mods here to vomit in terror.

2 days ago I reported a post on this forum where the member advocated smashing Victor Miller in the face with a weapon.

It's members here. Whether they do it here or on Twitter or on Facebook or wherever else.........it's members here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

2 days ago I reported a post on this forum where the member advocated smashing Victor Miller in the face with a weapon.

It's members here. Whether they do it here or on Twitter or on Facebook or wherever else.........it's members here.

Oh.  Dang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

2 days ago I reported a post on this forum where the member advocated smashing Victor Miller in the face with a weapon.

It's members here. Whether they do it here or on Twitter or on Facebook or wherever else.........it's members here.

Un-enlightened people tend to go off like that, instead of digging through the case to find the facts. And yeah, guys from here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Un-enlightened people tend to go off like that, instead of digging through the case to find the facts. And yeah, guys from here....

Right........but I'm the biggest asshole in the forum cause I say servers will eventually shut down or I don't give any slack when Gun Media screws up? This forum cracks me up sometimes. ?‍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here I thought humanity was progressing in the right direction. Then I read about people make death threats against someone because development in their favorite game is in jeopardy of being stopped. This is a sad age we live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Right........but I'm the biggest asshole in the forum cause I say servers will eventually shut down or I don't give any slack when Gun Media screws up? This forum cracks me up sometimes. ?‍

Nah, I dig reading your posts. You're passionate about the game, as are many others here. That's what drew me in, the way guys and gals on here talk about the game. It's the ones who whine about not getting the content, and want Savini Jason on a silver platter that annoy me. I hate bugs, and empty promises so you and I are on point there! The trolls who would threaten an old man can go, he HAD to wait this long to file his claim. I think he's entitled to try, sucks we gotta wait. But it's not the end, hopefully it gets decided quickly. If they can prove he was hired as "work for hire" it's case closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redrum138 said:

Nah, I dig reading your posts. You're passionate about the game, as are many others here. That's what drew me in, the way guys and gals on here talk about the game. It's the ones who whine about not getting the content, and want Savini Jason on a silver platter that annoy me. I hate bugs, and empty promises so you and I are on point there! The trolls who would threaten an old man can go, he HAD to wait this long to file his claim. I think he's entitled to try, sucks we gotta wait. But it's not the end, hopefully it gets decided quickly. If they can prove he was hired as "work for hire" it's case closed.

Thank you and to clarify, I wasn't saying that was your opinion of me, but I'm well aware that a few people in charge and a majority of members here share that opinion of me..........and that's fine.

tumblr_m92ssypQGg1qiebmoo1_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad they made a statement, shame it took 2+ days, I know have i reported lots of post here, which is sad. Hell i finally twitted shifty some screenshots, cause it got to be way too much too stomach for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Thank you and to clarify, I wasn't saying that was your opinion of me, but I'm well aware that a few people in charge and a majority of members here share that opinion of me..........and that's fine.

tumblr_m92ssypQGg1qiebmoo1_250.gif

No worries, I know what you mean. I read alot of posts on here, so I see what you're saying. That's just how it goes on here, some truly need a full box of tissues I think. Can't handle a difference in opinion. Gets you in trouble sometimes I'm sure, but as your Chappelle gif so eloquently states.... Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ones I've read...it's not that deep. Someone on here even went out of their way to make post with Miller as a new counselor. Sending deaths threats to a man and his family over a broken $40 game is not worth it. All it does is make the community almost look worse than Star Wars fans (and I say this as a Star Wars fan).

It's a shame that Shifty had to go out of his way to make an announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame this had to be said and yeah at first I was gutted like everyone else but I'm already over it, others just need to grow up and chill out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Nah, I dig reading your posts. You're passionate about the game, as are many others here. That's what drew me in, the way guys and gals on here talk about the game. It's the ones who whine about not getting the content, and want Savini Jason on a silver platter that annoy me. I hate bugs, and empty promises so you and I are on point there! The trolls who would threaten an old man can go, he HAD to wait this long to file his claim. I think he's entitled to try, sucks we gotta wait. But it's not the end, hopefully it gets decided quickly. If they can prove he was hired as "work for hire" it's case closed.

A kind old man as well. The guy will read peoples screenplays emailed to him for free and will offer notes and advice on how to improve scenes/story etc on them. I've never heard of that in the movie-making business before. If he got paid £9200 for a movie he wrote (characters, summer camp setting confirmed) and feels he wasn't properly reimbursed for his contribution by law, good on him for attempting to rectify that when he was legally allowed to 35 years later. It's Cunningham that seems to be the one who is being unreasonable. It's his lawsuit that has caused this to happen. Miller didn't envisage pissing off and intend to upset hundreds of thousands of people who play a Friday the 13th game, when he terminated transfer of copyrights from 35 years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×