Sign in to follow this  
GraveKeeper

To Illfonic and Gun Media

This is not an insult message this is a question about a thought that I believe only they can answer. After hearing about no more future content I was greatly upset, but after thinking for 3 days a thought occurred to me and I need to ask. Does 'Uber Jason' really count as new? By that I mean he's IN the game as hackers have found and played as him, doesn't that mean he counts as already being in the game? I mean we can also see him in the Virtual Cabin 2.0; so if he's there, and hackers are finding him, doesn't that mean he exists outside the lawsuit since only NOW is the F13 game being targeted?  Yes this may be a desperate attempt by a fan who loves the series and game, but I have been waiting on Uber Jason since day 1 so as I stated, I need to ask.

• Like 1

Their official statement covers this. Uber WILL NOT be released. What we have right now is all we will get.

(In before the lock 😜)

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Their official statement covers this. Uber WILL NOT be released. What we have right now is all we will get.

(In before the lock 😜)

Yes I read the official statement when it was posted; but I had to ask this since of all the content that was supposed to be coming like Grendel and Paranoia; Uber is IN the game already.

I’m pretty sure they have till next month to cease and desist, but the have decided to wash thier hands of it now, which sucks because of course we have zero control of that.

4 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

Yes I read the official statement when it was posted; but I had to ask this since of all the content that was supposed to be coming like Grendel and Paranoia; Uber is IN the game already.

Please explain how you read the official statement from Gun Media that clearly states "No Uber Jason, No Grendel Map, No Kill Packs....etc" but still felt like it needed to be cleared up even further. It sounds pretty clear to me.......and pretty much everyone else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheRaven said:

I’m pretty sure they have till next month to cease and desist, but the have decided to wash thier hands of it now, which sucks because of course we have zero control of that.

That would make sense to me if it was the case.

9 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Please explain how you read the official statement from Gun Media that clearly states "No Uber Jason, No Grendel Map, No Kill Packs....etc" but still felt like it needed to be cleared up even further. It sounds pretty clear to me.......and pretty much everyone else.

Because he's already IN the game; with all his stats and kills, he just hasn't been 'unlocked' in a way, but if you consider a release as the content being put in the game, he's THERE.

4 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

Because he's already IN the game; with all his stats and kills, he just hasn't been 'unlocked' in a way, but if you consider a release as the content being put in the game, he's THERE.

He's in the coding.......not the game. Therefore he was "ready for release" but not officially released. Without already being a selectable Jason, he would be considered "New Content" and releasing it would put them in violation.

Is this right, @ShiftySamurai??

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

He's in the coding.......not the game. Therefore he was "ready for release" but not officially released. Without already being a selectable Jason, he would be considered "New Content" and releasing it would put them in violation.

Is this right, @ShiftySamurai??

Can he/would he even really comment on it?

3 minutes ago, Evil said:

Can he/would he even really comment on it?

Probably not. Either because it involves info pertaining to the current situation or maybe because I am the person who asked. I guess we'll see, huh?🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

He's in the coding.......not the game.

Unless the Virtual Cabin is part of the game, it is a "play offline" mode. He is in the code, he is in the basement, he is interactively on the 2nd floor.

I know this is like splitting hairs. 

I get they aren't adding him in to cover their ass. I also get that they've done so much that players can't help be feel like he is in fact already in the game. It really seems like a lose lose situation. 

Is said before this all happened they should just release him as a way to deal with the insta-hacking after the patch. Wish they would have said, "That guy's got a point!"

So it looks like only the hackers will have him.😕

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

Unless the Virtual Cabin is part of the game, it is a "play offline" mode. He is in the code, he is in the basement, he is interactively on the 2nd floor.

I know this is like splitting hairs. 

I get they aren't adding him in to cover their ass. I also get that they've done so much that players can't help be feel like he is in fact already in the game. It really seems like a lose lose situation. 

Is said before this all happened they should just release him as a way to deal with the insta-hacking after the patch. Wish they would have said, "That guy's got a point!"

He is in the game as an unplayable/unselectable advertisment for future content. He's a teaser.

And 90% of us have wanted them to listen to one idea or another. If you asked them to recolor overalls or mask straps, they listened. If you wanted Teamers punished or game glitches fixed........well, you know.

• Haha 1

Just wait for an official announcement.

• Sad 1