Sign in to follow this  
Hugh D Paul

The Future of Friday The 13th: The Game

F13 Game Re-Release: Yes or No?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devlopers take the game down and re-release it (bug-free and with loads of new content) after the trial’s over?

• Yes. This is exactly what the game needs to survive.
    • No. This would kill the game for sure.
    • The devs don’t care enough.

Gun Media is in a bad position with the lawsuit forcing them to cancel all DLC for their already “broken game.” Personally, I would absolutely hate to see this game die when their is still so much potential left in it. I believe that I have a sound idea for not letting this happen and I would like to share it with all of you. Here goes.

What if the devs took the game down and re-released it once the trial is finished?

Now you may think that I’m crazy, or that this will never work, but in my opinion with a bug-free, fully-functional re-release the game could become what it should have been from the start. And if they threw in Uber Jason, the Grendel Map, a map and kill pack for each Jason, some new counselors, clothing packs, and emotes, and a couple new game modes this game would sell by the thousands. But that’s just my opinion.

So what do you think? Will it work? Is it a stupid idea? Do the devs even care enough to work that hard? Please let me know what you guys think. 

- Hugh Paul

@ShiftySamurai @wes @GunMedia_Ben

1 minute ago, Hugh D Paul said:

Is it a stupid idea?

Yes.

That wouldn't benefit anyone in any way. All that would do is prevent us from playing the game. We don't know when the lawsuit will be settled, nor do we know what it will mean for the game. This situation is best handled with patience and understanding.

I'm sure rescinding a product 2+M people bought would do wonders for their PR....

Also very likely the re-release would be bugged anyway given the track record.

2 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Also very likely the re-release would be bugged anyway given the track record.

If we're going to play along, "they always eff up, so its irrelevant", isn't a viable choice.

I mean, I still say no, but within the stated parameters. Its leftovers on a fancy plate.

No.

Your premise assumes that they cannot do two things at once. While the trial is on going the devs can work on the bugs AND create new content for once the trial is over. There is nothing stopping them from creating content... just from releasing it. Although I doubt with either scenario (yours or mine) they would do this as it makes no sense to spend money on creating content for something they potentially could end up losing. With my scenario though this leaves the game open to current players and allows them to possibly attract new players.

Also if they did that.... and when they re-released it.... A lot of people would hold resentment and would not play the game again and their reputation for doing what they did could peruade others not to bother buying the game.

This shouldn't even be a thread, your blinded by your feelings right now or you would realize how truly bad that would go. 

• Thanks 1