Sign in to follow this  
DarkWolf7798

Friday the 13th: The game beta

So after watching some gameplay of the beta i started thinking about how nice it would be if we could go back to that build of the game... now i know some people will probably disagree with me, but that's fine.

Now a question for anyone good with coding and programming games is: Is it possible to revert a game back to a previous build let alone the beta?

44 minutes ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

So after watching some gameplay of the beta i started thinking about how nice it would be if we could go back to that build of the game... now i know some people will probably disagree with me, but that's fine.

Now a question for anyone good with coding and programming games is: Is it possible to revert a game back to a previous build let alone the beta?

The main problem is the lack of throwing knives for Jason in the Beta build. I'd prefer "launch day" build which had friendly fire, Jason's slash range and grab range, bear trap minefields, and overall high chance of death for the counselors.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

and overall high chance of crashing/disconnects

Fixed it.

It had its issues, but it was a good place to start. I personally want the balance we have, the grab we have (with the tiniest buff), "reflective damage" (better option for friendly fire), and the bugs fixed. In my opinion, the game would be close to perfect.

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

Fixed it.

It had its issues, but it was a good place to start. I personally want the balance we have, the grab we have (with the tiniest buff), "reflective damage" (better option for friendly fire), and the bugs fixed. In my opinion, the game would be close to perfect.

All that sounds good to me.

3 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

Yes it is but that all depends on how it was worked on really. Is there a copy of the beta still available somewhere?

You'd think they'd have saved it somewhere along the lines without just overwriting it over and over. 

13 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Yes it is but that all depends on how it was worked on really. Is there a copy of the beta still available somewhere?

You'd think they'd have saved it somewhere along the lines without just overwriting it over and over. 

Ok, another question would be if it would be possible to build upon the beta build without changing it drastically, say for example implementing the throwing knives and traps for Jason or the new grab?

Well the beta build had flares as an inventory item, as opposed to the weapon that you can aim and fire like it is now. Honestly, the core mechanics are fine with what we have, we really just need the bugs and glitches to be patched up.

OMG OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES! YOU INSTANTLY BECAME MY VIRTUAL ONLINE BFF. I HAVE BEEN WANTING THIS SINCE DAY ONE. I'M TIRED OF SEEING BAD ANIMATIONS WHILE ('kay I'm going to lowercase) moving and the animations. Weapon animations, the ability to lock doors instead of barricading them, no hair physics, the repetitive breathing noises you made while jogging/running/crouch-walking, the flare gun feature (although, they can make it so that you can swap between shooting the flare gun as a weapon or keeping it in the inventory), the different animations they had (different "looking around, nervous" animation, the ability to hold A, E or X to open a window, darker clothing, shading, the longer med-spray animation, higher stamina characters had slower, like REALLY slow, stamina deconsumtion, you couldn't look behind you while driving, slower door animations, Part 2's lighter overalls, etc.

Sorry, I just really love the beta :D

• Haha 1

Ok so all i really want is the beta animations and graphics quality back from the beta.

The way throwing knives worked in the launch build too.... it just looked so much more satisfying to see the knives actually cause cosmetic damage along with actual damage.... the sound of it hitting objects was way better too.

Gameplay wise the current build is admittedly better save for a few things

4 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

Ok, another question would be if it would be possible to build upon the beta build without changing it drastically, say for example implementing the throwing knives and traps for Jason or the new grab?

It'd be the same answer, yes it's possible but it all depends. 

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

It'd be the same answer, yes it's possible but it all depends. 

Thanks for the response, I'm not a PC guy so i wanted some input from someone who knows this stuff.

Additionally I'm curious how many people that still play the game would be for this idea if it were to actually happen

Imagine if someone mods the beta version and adds elements of the current version, it would be perfect!! 

• Like 1

Comimg back to this topic as i don't want to make a new thread only to have it be deleted.

Seeing as it's become all too obvious that they can't.... or won't add anything new to the game...  what about adding something old that was removed? Namely, the beta animations and possibly Jason's old grab? If they added either or both of those I'd could personally say I'd feel satisfied with the current state of the game. 

There are certain graphics, gameplay mechanics, and animation that I loved from the beta. Such as the starting and stopping animations that the counselors and Jason both had, it made the game a lot more realistic. I hated the old grab animation, the newer one is much smoother and more realistic. The newer grab animations does have it’s flaws though like Jason being stuck in the animation. I also liked how the chase music would continue to play without restarting in the same damn loop when Jason shifts like it does now. I can’t tell you how many times I had to suffer listening to the first 20 seconds of Part 3’s music over and over and over again because the chase music keeps restarting when the VHS tape effect comes on the screen.

The beta was buggy but it had it’s upsides.

• Like 1

What happened to the characters hair? it seems to got gradually worse, it's all frizzy and weird looking now. 

On 9/9/2018 at 1:36 AM, kohagan said:

What happened to the characters hair? it seems to got gradually worse, it's all frizzy and weird looking now. 

I noticed with the engine update that the textures on clothing looks a bit more detailed, but overall i prefer the way it looked pre update.

It'd be great if the next update or the one after added back the beta animations.