Ralph_E_Fresh

Wouldn't a Cease and Desist be issued?

The statement can say any manner of things, but it doesnt change the fact that we are not getting jason x or any other content in the foreseeable future. 

h3q2xb.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Question, does the statement say that terms made prior to the termination continue after termination?

Yes or No?

To test your honesty.

It does. But the game itself falls under derivative works, like Alkavian said, under the grant from Cunningham to GUN. The game is only protected UNTIL the grant terminates which includes any content within the game. Meaning that Uber Jason, while theoretically could be released before the termination, could make GUN vulnerable to having to pay damages to Victor Miller should he win the lawsuit against Sean Cunningham. Anything new added to the game formally by GUN/Illfonic, represents modifications (elaborations) on the whole game. This does indeed make said modifications "derivative" because it represents an original work of authorship. Are you with me so far? So to play it safe, legally, GUN/Illfonic aren't going to release new content until Cunningham wins the suit (which he will because Miller's case sucks), and then business can go on as usual after that.

3 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

It does

Therefore all terms of this derivative work "Friday the 13th the game" continue, which includes the term of new content for this specific work.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Therefore all terms of this derivative work continue, including the term of future content.

SafeDisgustingAfricanpiedkingfisher-size

You are literally reading ONE aspect of that whole derivative works segment and thinking it's the be all end all when it's not.

• Like 2

Just now, Nickypoolicious said:

SafeDisgustingAfricanpiedkingfisher-size

You admitted that the terms continued, there's nothing more you can argue.

Future/new content is one of the terms.

Unless you can prove that future content isn't one of the terms(which it undisputablely is)

• Sad 1

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

You admitted that the terms continued, there's nothing more you can argue.

Future/new content is one of the terms.

Unless you can prove that future content isn't one of the terms(which it undisputablely is)

You've been told why it's not, but you either don't want to understand it or you legitmately can't.

Posted (edited)

You are literally reading ONE aspect of that whole derivative works segment and thinking it's the be all end all when it's not.

It is. All terms continue and you said it does.

Another question, is future content one of the terms made?

Yes or No?

The only way future content is prohibited is if it wasn't a term made prior to termination, clearly the term was made prior thus continues after termination.

Edited by Ralph_E_Fresh

You've been told why it's not, but you either don't want to understand it or you legitmately can't.

You agreed terms made prior to termination continue after termination.

Future/new content/dlc is a term made prior to termination.

1 minute ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

It is. All terms continue and you said it does.

Another question, is future content one of the terms made?

Yes or No?

The only way future content is prohibited is if it wasn't a term made prior to termination, clearly the term was made prior thus continues after termination.

You know what? I've humored you long enough, I wish you well but the long and short if it is this: we're not getting Uber Jason. We're not getting the Grendel map, we're not getting new clothes, new emotes, new counselors, new Jasons, new maps, new hairstyles, new wildlife. So.... Come to terms with it because it's not happening until the lawsuit is over and done with.

18 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@Alkavian next, we should have him explain the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I would like that.

14 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

You agreed terms made prior to termination continue after termination.

Future/new content/dlc is a term made prior to termination.

Might be easier to just play along with you and say yes; the devs ARE using this lawsuit as an excuse to not release any new content. There. What are you going to do about it? I’ll tell you what you’re going to do about it; NOTHING. Not a damn thing. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

You know what? I've humored you long enough, I wish you well but the long and short if it is this: we're not getting Uber Jason. We're not getting the Grendel map, we're not getting new clothes, new emotes, new counselors, new Jasons, new maps, new hairstyles, new wildlife. So.... Come to terms with it because it's not happening until the lawsuit is over and done with.

And Gun Media will never get a dime of my money ever again. Until I see concrete proof that this was the reason why content permanently stopped and not some excuse to give up on a totally broken mess of a game they can’t fix. 

Just now, TheRaven said:

And Gun Media will never get a dime of my money ever again. Until I see concrete proof that this was the reason why content permanently stopped and not some excuse to give up on a totally broken mess of a game they can’t fix. 

There needs to be a cease and desist or a court document made directly towards the game.

If not they can release future content. Read my posts above, even by the law quoted, they can continue to release content.

4 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

Concrete proof as in..... Oh! The lawsuit? Done. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TestedTwice said:

Lawsuit has absolutely no affect on game as it was a term granted prior to termination, terms made prior continue after termination. Future content is one of those terms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TestedTwice said:

This lawsuit has been going on since before that game was even released, how do we know anything has changed? I do find it a little odd that this is happening  at the time the game is the most broken as it’s ever been.

5 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Lawsuit has absolutely no affect on game as it was a term granted prior to termination, terms made prior continue after termination. Future content is one of those terms.

Incorrect. Hell, even Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzles on Steam and the mobile versions are also affected by the lawsuit and can't release future content. But go ahead and keep living in this fantasy of yours.

5 hours ago, TheRaven said:

This lawsuit has been going on since before that game was even released, how do we know anything has changed? I do find it a little odd that this is happening  at the time the game is the most broken as it’s ever been.

The timing is awful, but it doesn't mean we're being lied to. 

4 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I’ll give you a like for effort, little guy. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Incorrect. Hell, even Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzles on Steam and the mobile versions are also affected by the lawsuit and can't release future content. But go ahead and keep living in this fantasy of yours.

They said they couldn’t release future content? All I have seen is that they acknowledged the lawsuit is affecting them.

5 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

WelldocumentedEnormousDragon-size_restri

Okay, this made me laugh out loud at work. 

5 hours ago, TheRaven said:

They said they couldn’t release future content? All I have seen is that they acknowledged the lawsuit is affecting them.

Which I assume means they can't pump out new levels, Jason designs, etc. Think about it, they're a game just like this is also a game, so if they're affected then it must be a similar situation. Not trying to be a dick, so sorry if it came out that way.

The timing is awful, but it doesn't mean we're being lied to. 

I respect your opinion, but I have mine as well. Not saying we are being lied to, I just think it brings up some red flags due to the timing of it and the eagerness to CANCEL all future content.