Sign in to follow this  
Adam4894

Could F13: The Game be saved? (an idea)

I just had a thought, could gun media not just rename the game to something else e.g. Summer Camp, replace Jason with a newly designed killer/killers, like dead by daylight, which could introduce new content with different killer types. Take out everything related to Friday the 13th like Pamela tapes, Tommy Jarvis, Fox etc and just redesign pieces. Would this work or would it be more hassle than it's worth, or is it even possible legally?

2 minutes ago, Adam4894 said:

I just had a thought, could gun media not just rename the game to something else e.g. Summer Camp, replace Jason with a newly designed killer/killers, like dead by daylight, which could introduce new content with different killer types. Take out everything related to Friday the 13th like Pamela tapes, Tommy Jarvis, Fox etc and just redesign pieces. Would this work or would it be more hassle than it's worth, or is it even possible legally?

Just off the top of my head, I can imagine both A) Horror, Inc not being pleased that a competing game from the same company exists that they no longer have a license to and B ) I wonder why illfonic and Gun would even want to develop a game that competes against their own creation, thus siphoning off players from both projects?  Should F13:Game become a dead property with no development future and they no longer have access to the F13 cinematic universe license, then maybe, but until then, I can't see why they'd want to compete against themselves like that.

The problem is all of that would cost money to do and the game would have be shelved completely, while they work on it, for an indefinite period of time. 

Every map would have to be thrown out and new maps would have to be designed. 

intros and outros would have to be thrown out and completely redesigned.

The whole mechanic for killing the "Jason" would have to be thrown out and redesigned. 

You're not talking a few minor tweaks here and there, you're talking about pretty much redesigning the entire game and then, gun/ill, never getting fully compensated for doing it.  At that point, they're just better off shuttering this game and making a new one from scratch. 

If Victor dies...

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Every map would have to be thrown out and new maps would have to be designed. 

Would they though, could they not just be renamed? (I'm sorry I have no idea how that sort of thing works legally)

I don't want them replacing Jason, that would suck so bad, and that's not what I paid for.

Would they though, could they not just be renamed? (I'm sorry I have no idea how that sort of thing works legally)

They would have to be renamed and altered in a way that makes them dissimilar from the original.

Think like Dollar Store versions of Barbie, named "Darbie" or Asylum Pictures Film Company's releases, such as "Halloween Night" (Halloween), "Alien Convergence" (Alien: Covenant), "Tomb Invader" (Tomb Raider) and upcoming film "Triassic World" (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

I don't want them replacing Jason, that would suck so bad, and that's not what I paid for.

I personally wouldn't mind as long as the gameplay and concepts remain the same but I understand what you mean and why others wouldn't like this.

1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

They would have to be renamed and altered in a way that makes them dissimilar from the original.

Think like Dollar Store versions of Barbie, named "Darbie" or Asylum Pictures Film Company's releases, such as "Halloween Night" (Halloween), "Alien Convergence" (Alien: Covenant), "Tomb Invader" (Tomb Raider) and upcoming film "Triassic World" (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Yeah this was kind of what I was thinking. Obviously they would have to redesign certain aspects like the camp crystal lake signs but I wouldn't imagine they would have to completely redesign whole maps would they? Like Friday the 13th don't own wood cabins and tall pine trees do they?

Yeah this was kind of what I was thinking. Obviously they would have to redesign certain aspects like the camp crystal lake signs but I wouldn't imagine they would have to completely redesign whole maps would they? Like Friday the 13th don't own wood cabins and tall pine trees do they?

I'm not sure who owns what assets in the game, and what all Cunningham and Horror, Inc are entitled to.

However, I would still find it hard to imagine that Gun would want to create a game that competes against their own creation, when their own creation is still commercially available (if temporarily dormant for additional content).

24 minutes ago, i-cold said:

If Victor dies...

Yeah bc he doesnt have next of kin that dont want any part of a multi million dollar franchise. Also might want to actually read up on the case. Victor may not be as wrong as everyone want to paint him. Right now he has presented edvidence that unless Sean can counter, he has a legit claim. Also keep in mind he probably has no clue about this game, just wants to make sure if he is decided as the winner, he gets his proper cut. 

25 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

51GF7NEAS0L._SY445_.jpg

Because GM & IF have the rights tobthe non-movie counselors, they COULD make Summer Camp.