BigJay

Would you support Gun/Illfonic for a future game?

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

@Slasher_Clone I respect you and I respect that you still have faith in Gun & Illfonic. I respect that that a lot of people in here do and that's good cause y'all may be the people who keep a flame lit under their asses and guilt them into doing the right thing...........but y'all have to lighten up on those (such as myself) who are smart enough not to touch the stove again after getting burned.

It's cool, I support the people who have made that decision. It isn't a problem, and I shouldn't have called him pissy. I still think he's being hypocritical by posting on the forum that he won't touch anything related to them but he's entitled to being pissy, he's made damn fine threads in the past and some real good stuff. Shit I did it again, I think I'll go elsewhere for awhile. Cheers

Edit - dude, mutual respect.

As @Truth said it's not over yet. But looking to years down the road a partial yes. Yes for Gun. No for Illfonic. I don't say this as a shot at Illfonic. I'm sure they did their best. But if we're being honest they struggled to deliver the entire way. They made a fun game. But the amount of problems leaves me less then confident in them.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It's cool, I support the people who have made that decision. It isn't a problem, and I shouldn't have called him pissy. I still think he's being hypocritical by posting on the forum that he won't touch anything related to them but he's entitled to being pissy, he's made damn fine threads in the past and some real good stuff. Shit I did it again, I think I'll go elsewhere for awhile. Cheers

Edit - dude, mutual respect.

I actually need to apologise and reword my statement. I incorrectly implied that people who still have faith in these developers aren't smart. That was wrong of me and I hope you accept my apology. Everyone on this forum (except DorianRo) is smart in one way or another.

And I total agree that if he doesn't want to use ANYTHING related to Gun Media or Illfonic, then he needs to not use their forum.

My opinion is that I won't buy another game from them but I will surely continue to play what I paid for already and utilize this forum to express my opinions on that product and the company's business practices so far.

(That post has now been corrected.)

38 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Everyone one this forum (except DorianRo) is smart in one way or another.

lmfao

I can't say I disagree. Well, there are a few more I'd add to the list, but it's not necessary.

• Haha 1

In 20 years? Maybe. Anytime soon? Hell no. Unless they can magically become a competant team over night, I'd expect more of the same shit all over again from this dev team. 

Depends if they keep the promises of dedicated servers and fixing the bugs that plague the game. The game would probably also have to be tied to a franchise I like for me to notice it though. 

No. Unless Victor Miller was undercover at Gun or IllFonic fucking things up from the inside, he’s not to blame for the mess this game is/was.

• Thanks 1

vicotr miller is innocent of state the game is. thats for sure. only illfonic is responsible for lack of dedicated servers and tons of bugs and glitches. i will say more, devs pulled millers name in all this fuss just to blame anyone but the devs. miller is scapegoat.

• Like 1

Victor Miller didn’t kill this game. It’s been a mess in one way or the other since launch. Through multiple patches. I’m not in the camp that will put much blame on VM. He apparently messed up getting Uber Jason. I don’t think we could’ve expected that much more from this game and it’s  life cycle.

I was not a backer, but for them not to get all the backer items out to the people that funded this game as were the reason it was made, allowing them to make a lot of money off of it.. need I say more?

• Thanks 2

These guys were too unprepared since the beginning of the full release until now. It was like the BETA was a showpiece at E3 and then it turned into a buggy mess.

I would like to put my money elsewhere from now on.

3 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

No, not in the future, to many promises were made and not kept.

This. Gun/illfonic aren't getting another time out of me.

As things stand, no. Hitman 2 has already started taking pre-orders and I'm an Agent 47 mark from way back (own all Hitman games, have beaten all Hitman games, can't wait for another Hitman game). On top of that, I'm from WV and Fallout 76 takes place in my home state. That's going to total $300 in pre-orders for 2 games and a $150 upgrade for my CPU. That's my gaming budget for the year. I can scratch the horror movie itch with DBD and there's still hope for Last Year: The Nightmare. I'm going to keep popping in on F13 from time to time to finish out my achievements, but I've been pretty much finished with the game for a few months. Jason nerfs killed it for me. Gun and Illfonic were very direct in their statement: there will not be additional content for this game now or in the future. Period. They're all the way done. If the lawsuit was resolved in a manner that was favorable to the production of new content, it would not matter. They're out. I seriously doubt that the servers will last more than 18 months. There's no additional profit to be made here. I wouldn't be surprised if the game is pulled in the near future from Steam and sales for consoles stop. The development team is maintaining a legally actionable position by continuing to sell the game and the DLC that's currently out there. If they don't pull the plug and make this game into abandonware really soon, they could be sued if Mr. Miller wins for some serious cash (as they would have violated his intellectual property rights). That means everything, up to and including every single dollar earned throughout the Kickstarter, every single dollar for every single game sold, every single dollar of every DLC pack sold, AND punitive damages that could total millions of dollars never even made. If Miller wins, he's entitled to EVERYTHING they made PLUS punitive damages. If he wins, there's not going to BE a Gun Media or Illfonic anymore; he'll put them both into bankruptcy.Hell; even if the devs completely abandon the game, they're fucked. The infringement on intellectual property rights has already occurred and the devs either knew or should have known that such a potential claim was out there. The devs are going to have to spend what they have left to hire a killer legal team to protect them from financial devastation beyond compare. This show is all the way over and that right soon. Enjoy while you can, folks.

Halloween couldn’t be done like F13; IMO, the two franchises are apples and oranges. I see Halloween as true horror, while I look at F13 as a slasher/splatter franchise.

I’m not sure if I’d support the developer/publisher again. That’s a great question, because I’m torn. On one hand, a sequel or another slasher game comes with the need of experience, and they would definitely know what to do and what NOT to do. Would I want something hardcore like this in the hands of developers who water down their games for casuals? Or a developer that doesn’t know shit about the source material? A publisher who just wants the game to be a really long tutorial?

But on the other hand, Gun’s communication needs a lot of work on the publishing side. Knowing what we do now, I credit them for doing what they thought was best, but there were a number of times I felt they made poor choices when they reached a fork in the road, and had some really bad habits in communicating. I say habits because, it seemed they never learned from it.