BigJay

Would you support Gun/Illfonic for a future game?

1 minute ago, MJDrocks said:

I would only support them if they made another video game featuring an horror icon such as Michael Myers or Freddy.  Otherwise, no.  Too many empty promises and the lack of communication was less than desirable.

"Too many empty promises and the lack of communication was less than desirable" And you would be okay with supporting these guys if they got their hands on another beloved franchise?

2 minutes ago, TheBigFlounder said:

"Too many empty promises and the lack of communication was less than desirable" And you would be okay with supporting these guys if they got their hands on another beloved franchise?

Honestly, yes.  Despite it's many, many faults.  The game is extremely fun at it's core.  I don't exactly see anybody else knocking the door down to make a video game starring another horror icon either (DBD has them but it's not the same).  I would deal with all of the other crap to get a stand alone Halloween or TNOES game.

Well not too many studios make licensed horror games and that alone will draw crowds. I guarantee all the haters would check in to see what these devs do with another franchise like Halloween (*hint hint* nows the time to make offers before another studio capitalizes on the huge success the film is sure to be).

I would, yes. Sure, there's been things that haven't come to fruition and there's been issues like any game. I however have had over 700 hours cumulative of fun times playing the game.

For me it wasn't a question of who the developer or publisher was, it was a question of 'is this Friday the 13th Game going to be good?'. I'm a fan of F13; EA could have even tried to do it and I still would've bought it and I despise EA. 

Gun and IllFonic gave us the game and I've had and still continue to have great times playing it. I won't condemn them based on their mistakes because they've done nothing so far to make me dislike them enough to say 'I absolutely hate this publisher/developer'. I acknowledge them based on their merits and the experience I've had playing their game. They haven't come across as money hungry to me (not like EA's business practices), they kept their word about not releasing Savini Jason, they've updated the game with quite a bit since it came out and I don't think they're just going to give up and let the game quietly die. 

Lots of people get wound up about things like rubber banding and glitchy suicides. Lemme make it clear, it is indeed very bloody annoying to nearly escape in the car for the 5th time that day only to either get stopped by Jason whilst rescuing people and dying because I'm moving on my screen but not anyone else's, but it's not enough to make me freak out and scream 'I hate this game!'. If I get fed up then I just stop playing for a bit and revisit it again later. I've got other things to do than just play this game :)

Do we really need the name calling in the first post, topic would have been great without it, and then you even had mods posting in here.

Yes I would.

Despite the bugs I've had a lot of fun with this game. I'm sure it's been a learning curve and another project would be approached differently. 

Definitly no. I gave them much credit because they are a small team and I was patient. Take your time and make things right, but it got worse with everything they did and the solutions to some problem would have been really very simple.

I was done with everything EA released once they ruined the Battlefieldfranchise. If I can turn my back on such a big company, I can do it with compaies like gun and illfonic as well.

• Like 1

I've supported them since the Kickstarter nearly three years ago, so, sure.

Unless it was a game style I'm really not fussed about, like a driving game or dating sim, but I'd still wish them well even if I wasn't playing it.

• Like 1

I definitely would, Friday the 13th is the most fun I've had in multiplayer in years probably since my Goldeneye 007 days as a kid. So, they more than gave me my money's worth.

Absolutely not. Between the mismanagement of the game, the disrespect of its backers, and the shadiness of the Savini code sales, I'll never touch anything related to either company again.

Just now, Hal Bailman said:

Absolutely not. Between the mismanagement of the game, the disrespect of its backers, and the shadiness of the Savini code sales, I'll never touch anything related to either company again.

Then why are you touching their forums? Stop touching their stuff, hypocrite.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Then why are you touching their forums? Stop touching their stuff, hypocrite.

Hey the question was "would you support gun/illfonic for a future game?" If a qusetion is asked all answers and opinionshave to be acceptet, not just the ones you would like to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

Hey the question was "would you support gun/illfonic for a future game?" If a qusetion is asked all answers and opinionshave to be acceptet, not just the ones you would like to hear.

You miss the point, he said...

4 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

I'll never touch anything related to either company again.

If he's unhappy and wants to express it that's fine, but seriously why say this, unless you're just being pissy?

Pissy? I would call it an unsatified customer, and its ok to let peole know that. Seriously dont be mr.smartass himself and in person, you know that he means he wont buy, or support any of their products.

3 hours ago, AngronKharn said:

If a question is asked all answers and opinions have to be accepted, not just the ones you would like to hear.

giphy.gif

But I totally agree with ya. This place has a lot of opinions flying around, but what it has more of is people who think you aren't intituled to share an opinion unless it lines up with theirs. 

@Slasher_Clone I respect you and I respect that you still have faith in Gun & Illfonic. I respect that that a lot of people in here do and that's good cause y'all may be the people who keep a flame lit under their asses and guilt them into doing the right thing...........but y'all have to lighten up on those (such as myself) who are cautious enough not to touch the stove again after getting burned.

i will never buy anything made by illfonic. im not too fond of gun media either.

however what illfonic will do now will be important. if they want to stay in business of making games, they must repair f13 and only then move on to next project. like hello games with no mans sky. they disappointed everyone at launch but then they started to work very hard. they didnt pushed paid dlc, they were giving massive updates for free for people who bought the game. it was titanic effort and hello games is still at work with no mans sky. they are professionals.

if illfonic will not fix f13 then thats will be end for them. and it probably will be, because in the last year illfonic showed that they are unable to repair their own game.

ive seen online games that i like dying. i loved drawn to death, but it playerbase was small and died fast. f13 has big playerbase, especially on consoles. here playerbase is not the issue. in case of f13 its the devs are problem. they want to wash their hands and forget about broken game they cant fix. and the legal problems with franchise license? its blessing for illfonic and it makes evacuation process easier.

• Like 2

Yes, but with an original IP with a similar premise/gameplay mechanic rather than a third party. I didn't appreciate their rollout and marketing, either, promising stuff they weren't even close to be done with months ago.