BigJay

Would you support Gun/Illfonic for a future game?

Afraid not.

If this were a fully functional, mostly bug free game with the same amount of content?

Absolutely...the lawsuit is bad for all involved.

But...combine the lawsuit with the status of the game? Absolutely not.

Even if now by some miracle, they could say fix this game and get it working on an optimal level by the end of the year...then so what...the lawsuit prevents them from breathing further into the game.

So its a no win situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would buy a future game by Gun...

But. As for illfonic being the developer? Hell no!

It also depends on what type of game it would be...

Anything other than a shooter or multiplayer horror game, and I'm in...

• Like 1

I’m not worried or thinking about any future game from them. My future is now. They stated they are still working on fixes and such and that’s my focus as should be theirs. 

34 minutes ago, Komatose1313 said:

GUN = yes
ILLFONIC = no

I read a Glassdoor review for working at ILLFONIC and both reviews by former employees have very unfavorable things to say about the office and management. They talked about in the review how everything is chaotic and grown men were acting like entitled babies and management did nothing to rectify issues addressed in the office. You can verify these things on Glassdoor and searching for ILLFONIC. I largely blame most of F13 woes on this company. Wes and company have showed the passion and care needed to make this game nothing short of the definitive experience. Clownshoes ILLFONIC talked at a DevCon about persuading GUN out of there ideas or out right refusing them as they didn't know how to implement the ideas in a fun and engaging manner.

To be fair, anyone can post anything on Glassdoor.  Its not a verified site that vets its reviews.  I can go on there right now and make either a poor review or good review for any company I want.  Its not really the best source for how a company works other than using it for major companies that have thousands of reviews and salaries that all say the same thing.  

Back to the OP's question.  Nope.  I will never support a GunMedia game ever again.  All the broken promises, how they turned their backs on backers/supporters, no communication for almost a year(this is pre-Shifty, he is actually pretty awesome as a CM), when they did communicate with us it was only for them to ask us to spend more money on DLC despite the game still being in utter disrepair, not actively listening to the fanbase despite them constantly saying there were(Its how we got prompts to break windows, squishy Jason, and still no dedicated servers even tho this has been the most requested thing even before release), and the list can go on and on.  Heartbreaker had a really good post listing a lot more but it was deleted.  

Illfonic, maybe.  Yes they can't code for shit but when we were left with no communication due to Gun not constantly not stepping up to talk to the community, Illfonic(Gertz) stepped up and talked to us.  Wasn't his job but he did.  They showed more care than Gun ever has just in those short two weeks and that means something, at least to me.  They might not be the best developers but they showed they at least cared about us.  That's more than Gun has ever done.  Instead Gun showed they cared by asking us to buy "discounted" DLC for dealing with a horrible release and no communication as a thank you for sticking with them. 

That isn't a knock to Shifty by the way because I think he does truly care about any community he manages.  I think he has done a tremendous job of being a CM, its just unfortunate its for GunMedia because I don't think Gun honestly cares about any of us other than seeing dollar signs.

TL;DR
Gun: Never
Illfonic: Maybe

Depends on the game. I’ll buy what I have an interest in. 

• Like 1

Gunmedia yes, illfonic no, are very incompetent, that Gunmedia hire other programmers... I tolerate Friday the 13th the game for being Jason, he´s my "hero".

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

Now that the Friday The 13th game has been ruined by a wrinkly old man named Victor Miller because of a lawsuit an inexperienced development team who bit off way more than they could chew, and even a full year after a disastrous launch, have still not managed to iron out the kinks and stabilize their buggy ass game

Fixed that for you.

Can we please not pretend that this lawsuit is the reason this game is in a shit state? Victor Miller had no part in coding, testing, releasing, or ignoring the problems associated with this game. Shift the blame all you want, but the state of the game lies with this development team, who I would definitely not throw anymore money at. 

So, I guess the answer to your question is "no."
A resounding Michael Scott from the Office "No!" 
A Will Smith "Aw, hell naw!"
A Bishop Bullwinkle "Hell to the naw naw naw."
An Episode III "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!" 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't pre-order or back any game they make, not after all the crap we've been through with this game, but if they deliver a good game in the future I'd wait and see how it turned out and then I'd buy it if it interested me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dude, no way. I can honestly say that I will never play a game of theirs again after how poorly this one was managed.

Gonna have to pass on either team.  Not to cut them down because I'm sure they feel like crap right now, but Ill hasn't exactly been a great Dev team and Gun mishandled quite a bit early on.  So, I'm just gonna have to say no at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

Now that the Friday The 13th game has been ruined by a wrinkly old man named Victor Miller because of a lawsuit

Wrong.

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

would you trust Gun Media and Illfonic to do a future slasher game based off of a horror franchise like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or A Nightmare on Elm Street

No.

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

or maybe a game with original killers?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

It's not over yet...

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

19 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I depends on the game. If they ended up reviving Summer Camp vol. 1 I would consider it.

Definitely.  Throw in a variety of killers (I'd like to see a "little person" murderer, myself), maybe expand on the tropes a bit so that they aren't tied to any one IP, and I think they'd be free to do much more than they are being constrained by the F13 license.

I would.  I really enjoy their game and would love to see other horror franchises I grew up with visited in the same kind of format.

12 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lolol. "Germans?"

"Forget it, he's rolling..."

• Haha 2

If it was a game like F13 sure. I like this style of game; the multi player part not the solo stuff. 

Depends on the type of game. Ps4 is very much in need more more multiplayer horror games. It's kind of silly we only have 2 real choices right now. It's either this or DBD and I grew to hate how boring repairing gens on DBD is.

They have made a lot of mistakes on this game but I've still put in at least a good 350-400 hours is my guess. So more than got my money worth even though all the bugs, trolls and host quits are very annoying at times.

45 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Gun: Probably not

Illfonic: No fucking way

Probably not. If they team with Illfonic again, hell no.

I would only support them if they made another video game featuring an horror icon such as Michael Myers or Freddy.  Otherwise, no.  Too many empty promises and the lack of communication was less than desirable.