BigJay

Would you support Gun/Illfonic for a future game?

Because of a lawsuit and the developers are pretty much done with Friday the 13th except for dedicated servers and bug fixes; would you trust Gun Media and Illfonic to do a future slasher game based off of a horror franchise like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or A Nightmare on Elm Street or maybe a game with original killers?

This game has had its ups and downs with the constant bugs and glitches in its life cycle and the horrendous launch day with the broken servers. But I believe that they have learned from their mistakes and they would know on what to expect if they were to make another game since they would have more experience with game developing. So I would say that I would love these two companies to come back together and work on another survival horror title. 

If I could choose a game I would want them to develop next I would say a Halloween game which could be relatively similar to Friday the 13th but just with a different slasher icon in Michael Myers. 

Good Luck to Gun and Illfonic for anything they do in the future. 

Just now, Truth said:

It's not over yet...

I love it that you still got faith for the game I do as well. 

Yes i would support them, the mechanics in friday the 13th the game are better than dead by pallets, a Halloween game would be awesome, but i prefer an original title with their own killer or killers

2 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Now that the Friday The 13th game has been ruined by a wrinkly old man named Victor Miller because of a lawsuit and the developers are pretty much done with Friday the 13th except for dedicated servers and bug fixes;

Well, we will see if they will roll out bug fixes. The way I interpreted it, it that they are done after the Xbox One patch (which is now out). I don't think they would be interested in another slasher/horror flick to game project. Gun seems very passionate about Friday 13th, exclusively. They need to fix the bugs while we are waiting to see how this all shakes down.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

It's not over yet...

If by some miracle, this gets resolved and Gun hasn't given up and continues to make more content, I will probably literally bawl.

But at this point what can we do? Lawsuits can take years to resolve. Gun isn't gonna wait years and neither will a majority of the player base. It's sad, but this game will slowly die with this lawsuit still in place. I'm tearing up...I'm gonna stop.

It depends. I never played a game by them before. I havent even heard of them before. The license made them relevant in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I love it that you still got faith for the game I do as well. 

Just now, TiffanyxAJ said:

But at this point what can we do?

Show them your support and let them know we're not done with the game yet.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20062-were-still-here/

There's nothing else we can do about it, but if we abandon them, they'll abandon the game. They need our support now more than ever. Only thing we can do is give it to them.

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

It's not over yet...

Right on

Yes 100% I would back them again on another Kickstarter campaign. This one was a little rocky but @Randygbk was really good at responding to my questions for the most part. 

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Show them your support and let them know we're not done with the game yet.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20062-were-still-here/

There's nothing else we can do about it, but if we abandon them, they'll abandon the game. They need our support now more than ever. Only thing we can do is give it to them.

I'm all for giving them support, I've played this game nonstop for the past 10 months and I will continue to play for as long as the game is playable. 

But...Gun, even with our support, can't stick with this forever. They will start losing money and have no choice but to move on to another project. I'm just looking at the big picture. And without a miracle, I don't see a happy ending for the game. 

GUN = yes
ILLFONIC = no

I read a Glassdoor review for working at ILLFONIC and both reviews by former employees have very unfavorable things to say about the office and management. They talked about in the review how everything is chaotic and grown men were acting like entitled babies and management did nothing to rectify issues addressed in the office. You can verify these things on Glassdoor and searching for ILLFONIC. I largely blame most of F13 woes on this company. Wes and company have showed the passion and care needed to make this game nothing short of the definitive experience. Clownshoes ILLFONIC talked at a DevCon about persuading GUN out of there ideas or out right refusing them as they didn't know how to implement the ideas in a fun and engaging manner.

• Thanks 1

I'm all for giving them support, I've played this game nonstop for the past 10 months and I will continue to play for as long as the game is playable. 

But...Gun, even with our support, can't stick with this forever. They will start losing money and have no choice but to move on to another project. I'm just looking at the big picture. And without a miracle, I don't see a happy ending for the game. 

Yeah, that's the thing. Even if they end up winning the lawsuit, if it's been a year or more, no one will be left to care. All we can hope for at this point is that the case is ruled in Guns favor, or they settle out of court swiftly.

But...Gun, even with our support, can't stick with this forever.

I agree, but we will have to wait and see. Until then, we need to stay supportive or they'll just give up sooner. I don't think this is the end.

Depends on the project.  Despite it's many issues, I got more playtime out of F13 than I have AAA games.  

Maybe they can get the Halloween IP and we can all play as "babysitters" lol.  Sheri Moon Zombie can take the place of Pamela as the discombobulated voice.

I wouldn't support a kickstarter as they made a lot of profit from this game.

I'd wait for reviews though to ensure the game functions.

Despite all the shit I’ve said about this game, I’d probably be willing to give them another chance if they decided to do another game. To be honest, though, I’d probably wait six months to a year before buying it. What Friday the 13th turned into simply isn’t the same game I paid for in the beginning. They messed it up with the emotes and costumes. Too much dancing being done while being pursued by a psychopathic murderer in a hockey mask.

What I absolutely LOVE about these devs is that they aren’t greedy pricks like certain other developers. I don’t care what anybody says, Gun/Illfonic have done a lot for their fans by not charging any money for new maps, Jasons, counselors, etc. In a world where microtransactions and pay-to-win schemes are becoming the norm, that’s absolutely huge.

So to @wes, @ShiftySamurai, @GunMedia_Ben, @[IllFonic]Courier, @Gertz, I give you all my thanks for a fun game, even if there are things that absolutely frustrate the fuck out of me. I respect the hell out of all of you and will be looking for your next game!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

so now we can expect some less stunt for Jason? Cuz he is weak as fuck,. A nerf for Vanessa and the match ending early?

Yes I would definitely back a Halloween or TCM game.

Yes.  i think Gun did a good job, as a small studio on this game.

Bugs and issues aside, and there are many, the game overall was still fun. 

Personally when I play a game i do so in order to be entertained and have fun.  

Unfortunately this game is ostensibly dead.  There are zero future earnings potential for a game that will likely have minimal fixes, a game that saves everything server side, and a game that will rely on a company continuing to pay for and maintain those servers without a revenue stream coming in to pay for it.  

Support them in future endeavors? why, I would —

ERROR: You were kicked from this post! Host quit.

• Haha 5