With this lawsuit going around, my main question if this lawsuit is null an voided will gun media and illfonic go back to this game to give updates and such even if its a long time to get this all sorted out. (Example 1 year)

7 minutes ago, GHUNTERthaFIRST said:

With this lawsuit going around, my main question if this lawsuit is null an voided will gun media and illfonic go back to this game to give updates and such even if its a long time to get this all sorted out. (Example 1 year)

That's an interesting question, that was left ambiguous by the statements yesterday.  While some statements (and subsequent articles based on those statements) say that future DLC is "permanently cancelled," the actual statement posted (and referenced on f13game.com) states: "Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released."  Judging by this statement alone, i think it can be inferred that once the rights issue is resolved, then they can possibly start working on new content.

http://f13game.com/news/end-of-content/

I personally think this is a blessing in disguise, and bug and glitch fixing should of been the main focus a while back. Hopefully now they can get all the bugs sorted out, especially the game ending early bug.

20 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

possibly start working on new content

Here's to hoping that they work on new content while the lawsuit is happening and release it once resolved. That's wishful thinking, and I honestly don't even know if that's legal. Glad to know that they will still be supporting the game and players with dedicated serves and bug fixes. I didn't want more clothing packs and emotes anyhow.

21 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

That's an interesting question, that was left ambiguous by the statements yesterday.  While some statements (and subsequent articles based on those statements) say that future DLC is "permanently cancelled," the actual statement posted (and referenced on f13game.com) states: "Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released."  Judging by this statement alone, i think it can be inferred that once the rights issue is resolved, then they can possibly start working on new content.

http://f13game.com/news/end-of-content/

As true as that might be, stuff like this can takes years to resolve. I Imagine, before too long, Gun will move on to another project. All they're gonna be doing at this point is losing money. 

Its already been 2 years and not much ground seems to have been covered. I only hope their next game is successful enough to fund a F13 sequel before this console generation ends

18 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Here's to hoping that they work on new content while the lawsuit is happening and release it once resolved. That's wishful thinking, and I honestly don't even know if that's legal. Glad to know that they will still be supporting the game and players with dedicated serves and bug fixes. I didn't want more clothing packs and emotes anyhow.

It's perfectly legal, as long as they don't patch it into the game or profit from it.

But there's no financial incentive to do so.

13 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its already been 2 years and not much ground seems to have been covered. I only hope their next game is successful enough to fund a F13 sequel before this console generation ends

I'd like to see similar mechanics with a new IP, one they own outright.

Hell, they should go the parody route and make a slasher game based on a killer named "Mason".

27 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Here's to hoping that they work on new content while the lawsuit is happening and release it once resolved. That's wishful thinking, and I honestly don't even know if that's legal. 

As is my understanding, they're only barred from releasing new content, not developing it.  However, you'd also have to figure that they wouldn't sink too much time into developing something without a certain knowledge that it would be released, otherwise, why spend that time developing it? 

25 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

As true as that might be, stuff like this can takes years to resolve. 

possibly.  @Bropollocreed79 can correct me if I'm wrong here, but since this is a matter of federal law, and therefore tried in District Court, there is only one option for an appeal should either party attempt to, the US Court of Appeals.  The Appellate court will then decide whether the District Court applied the decision correctly.  The only option after that is the Supreme Court, should they decide to look at the case.

The case's discovery period was coming to a close before new evidence was discovered in Fall of 2017, it *should* only be a matter of time before that period ends and the trial begins.

25 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I Imagine, before too long, Gun will move on to another project. All they're gonna be doing at this point is losing money. 

While true that they can't release or promote additional content in-game, they still aren't prohibited from selling Friday the 13th: The Game in any form, so that revenue stream still stands.  In addition, this is illfonic's 6th or 7th game they've developed, and Gun Media has another game in the works as well.  Considering this game was in development, in 1 form or another, since Fall of 2014, and a project that has personal meaning to the developers at Gun, I can't imagine them abandoning it so quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@Bropollocreed79 can correct me if I'm wrong here, but since this is a matter of federal law, and therefore tried in District Court, there is only one option for an appeal should either party attempt to, the US Court of Appeals.  The Appellate court will then decide whether the District Court applied the decision correctly.  The only option after that is the Supreme Court, should they decide to look at the case.

Sounds about right.  I don't want to idly speculate as to what may or may not happen (there's compelling arguments on both sides here, if you distance yourself from how this alters the state of the game), but regardless of who wins, we are almost guaranteed to see an appeal, UNLESS they both come to an agreement and realize there's more than enough money to go around.

This whole thing is just stupid.  The franchise is valuable.  What we need is for the judge to go full on King Solomon and threaten to ruin it for everyone.  That should get them back to the table and find an amicable solution.

I dont think Cunningham or Miller are hurting for money. They both need to realize its the fans who are being affected.

• Like 1

Say the lawsuit gets resolved 5 years from now.  I think I'm being optimistic because these things get dragged through the mud.

In 5 years, what kind of game do you think will still exist?  Will anyone be playing this game in 5 years?  Will anyone be playing PS4 in 5 years?  What other similar type games, since DbD and this one were successes, will be created? 

Businesses are in business to make money and I highly doubt Gun or Illfonic will sink more money into this game, now or in the future, as the future earnings potential of this game is effectively dead.