Manny1985

Where do you rate this game among movie license games?

30 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Do you really think that?

I don't think the two are close to comparable.  The ET game was, objectively, a terrible and unfun game.

F13 is quite popular and generally enjoyed by people who play it; people wish it was smoother and the licensing controversy may be its undoing, but people genuinely seem to enjoy it.

I for one think it's a great game; my only real frustrations with it have to do with a few areas it could be better (glitches, bugs, terrible perk system).

I'm not comparing the gameplay, I'm predicting that in 10 years when people are asked about F13, the thing that it will be most remembered for is the fact that it was an indie game that was littered with problems. Not just problems with gameplay bugs, but things like the Savini codes, and the current legal issues.

52 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I'm predicting that in 10 years when people are asked about F13,

they'll be like every parent who has caught their kid doing something stupid: "I'm not mad. I'm 'disappointed'."

That's where I'm at with this whole fiasco.  I'm disappointed in the failure to seize the tremendous opportunity that was before them.  This game should have been so much more than it is, but it's disjointed and uneven because of bugs that persist a YEAR after it "went live" and almost nine months after retail copies were shipped (which is an indicator of "Gold" status).

I'd love for a Sigma Six Black Belt to take a look at the production schedule for the content releases on this game post-launch, and investigate how resources were allocated:  Offline Bots. Paranoia. Single Player Challenges. Pinehurst. Roy. Grendel. Uber Jason. Virtual Cabin 2.0.  Clothing Packs.  Kill Packs. Engine Update.

Not to mention the probably dozens of things that they worked on behind the scenes as far as "content" goes that we're blissfully unaware of, or Dedicated Servers for that matter.

The post-release DLC and back-end projects have shifted priority an alarming number of times in the last 18 months with inconsistent results.  Gaming development and production should not be this disjointed.  And before the apologists swarm in here with "they're a small team" or making excuses, I'm going to pointedly remark that it's exactly because they're a "small team" that the margin for error is razor thin--lacking the resources in personnel or capital that are accessible to a major developer/publisher, planning and execution take on critical importance.

The recent developments with the IP are probably a blessing in disguise: proper attention can be paid to repairing the glaring issues with the mechanics, fine-tuning balance, and systemically eliminating the more pressing technical gaffes that inexcusably continue to plague this game.  So this can be seen as either an opportunity, or the beginning of the end.  The IP issue has the stink of the (not so recent) Hindenburg disaster that was Disney pulling the Marvel license from Gazillion.  Despite my own concerns with the game as it stands today, I sincerely hope they opt to redouble efforts to make the F13TG experience as refined and engrossing as it could and should be.

• Like 2

I would rank it Number 1. Most movie tie-ins are far too forgettable, even if they are "good", they have no lasting impact.

Yes, I had N64 growing up and had access to goldeneye, but for a game that did something new in a fun way and was like it's own chapter, this game is bar none the closest.

Despite the bugs, despite the devs catering to the retard rejects from DBD and making the counselors far too powerful and Jason a goddamn joke, the single player vs Bots and the single player challenges FEEL like Friday the 13th, and while nods are made to previous films, it FEELS like it's own "film" with the presentation.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:10 AM, Daneasaur said:

I would rank it Number 1. Most movie tie-ins are far too forgettable, even if they are "good", they have no lasting impact.

Yes, I had N64 growing up and had access to goldeneye, but for a game that did something new in a fun way and was like it's own chapter, this game is bar none the closest.

Despite the bugs, despite the devs catering to the retard rejects from DBD and making the counselors far too powerful and Jason a goddamn joke, the single player vs Bots and the single player challenges FEEL like Friday the 13th, and while nods are made to previous films, it FEELS like it's own "film" with the presentation.

I really liked the additions of the single player challenges. I feel like they offered some awesome movie moments. I will say this game probably pays the most homage to the source material (i.e the red doors, the mask in Tommy's room, the pictures posted on the walls). I admit though, I haven't played alien isolation but from what I have seen, they do a good job of this as well. 

No love for that awesome Ghostbusters Video Game from 2009?

It played well, multiplayer was actually enjoyable and it was the Ghostbusters 3 we always wanted. Genuinely funny too.

• Like 1

This is the best movie game I've ever played.  The best compliment you could pay this game is it feels like you are starring in your own Friday the 13th.  The atmosphere, the music, everything.  When you have good actors playing it with you and the set and props function properly, it's all the better.

Bottom of the barrel with the majority of them. It had great potential but has been a non-stop shitfest.  

Whoever put this in the same tier as GoldenEye N64 is downright delusional. 

Alien: Isolation and GoldenEye I would say are above F13, but not many others that I can think of.  Maybe Jurassic Park on the SNES

Its definitely one of my favorites...

My list;

• Goldeneye 64.
  • Warriors.
  • Alien Isolation.
  • Batman Arkham.
  • The Godfather 1 and 2.
  • The Die Hard trilogy.
  • The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate destruction.
  • Friday the 13th(Nes and PC).
  • The Punisher(Ps2)
  • Star wars: Rebellion and Star wars acrade.
  • Spider Man 2.

That's about it...

Edit: @Alkavian Forgot about Ultimate destruction lol.

It is one of the best Marvel games ever made imo...

Edited by Freddie Mercury
  • Like 1

Hmm. Good franchise/IP licensed games?

* Alien Isolation

* Goldeneye 64

* Star Wars Arcade

* Rambo II on Sega Master System

* Rambo III on Sega Genesis

* SNES Star Wars

* Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction

* Nightmare on Elm Street NES

• Like 2

Imo, it by far surpassed any film licensed game in the way it actually captures the feel of the films and found a game type (1v7 closed map) that could embody that feel. 

Of course Golden eye 64 will always be the standard ( i literally played hundreds of hours of it as a young teen).

But in terms of originality, and being as real as possible to the films. F13 is #1 in my book... Alien Isolation also did this well but with much more budget and many more  resources at hand.

On 6/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, Guy said:

No love for that awesome Ghostbusters Video Game from 2009?

It played well, multiplayer was actually enjoyable and it was the Ghostbusters 3 we always wanted. Genuinely funny too.

Yeah I thought the game was better than the second movie.  Good point.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Old school games.

The Die Hard Trilogy (ps2)

Friday the 13th  (nes)

Nightmare on Elm St. (NES)

Super Star Wars (SNES)

Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC)

Star Wars: Rebellion  (PC)

The Warriors (Xbox)

Goldeneye (duh)

Star Wars (Arcade, 1983)

Blade Runner (PC)

Am I over reliant on Star Wars titles?  Hardy.  This list easily could have had 10 more SW titles.  But there are so many classic NES and PC games, this list could easily double or triple in size.

This, but I would replace the SNES Star Wars games with SW Shadows of the Empire (N64) and SW Knights of the Old Repulbic (XBOX) those are my two favorite Star Wars games of all time.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:00 AM, AdmiralJT said:

I think this game will be remembered the same way the E.T. on Atari  is remembered. In a few years all people will talk about is the problems this game had and the controversy that surrounded it.

You're on the finest of crack.

You do indeed have legit gripes (we all do), but this post is just so over-the-top and ridiculous that it can't possibly be taken seriously.

People keep leaving out The Thing on PS2. That game was great.

F13 ranks right up at the top for me, bugs and glitches aside. There's a great base game under there and I've really enjoyed playing the hell out of it for the past year.

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

This, but I would replace the SNES Star Wars games with SW Shadows of the Empire (N64) and SW Knights of the Old Repulbic (XBOX) those are my two favorite Star Wars games of all time.

I mean, recent titles notwithstanding, a lot of those SW titles are interchangeable for me.  So many quality games, KOTOR (like you said), Jedi Knight (hell, I even liked Republic Commando), and even the Rogue Squadron games.  A bunch of great games that had replay value which games today just can't replicate, and that's a big part of what made them so fantastic.

Battlefront II (2005) is still one of the best though.  I still have a copy of it loaded on my laptop at home for shits and giggles and fire it up every once in awhile (Hero battles, ftw!).   Even the current BF2 does a phenomenal job with the Starfighter mode, which is highly addictive.

Also, how is it we haven't seen Dash Rendar in the sequel trilogy yet?

7 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I mean, recent titles notwithstanding, a lot of those SW titles are interchangeable for me.  So many quality games, KOTOR (like you said), Jedi Knight (hell, I even liked Republic Commando), and even the Rogue Squadron games.  A bunch of great games that had replay value which games today just can't replicate, and that's a big part of what made them so fantastic.

Battlefront II (2005) is still one of the best though.  I still have a copy of it loaded on my laptop at home for shits and giggles and fire it up every once in awhile (Hero battles, ftw!).   Even the current BF2 does a phenomenal job with the Starfighter mode, which is highly addictive.

You are right about a lot of them being interchangable. I do love the snes games as well as Rebel Assault I and II , the rogue squadron games, and Jedi Power Battles. And I have no idea with the new trilogy not going the path of some of the already established, good material. The only newer Star Wars movie I have really liked and enjoyed is Rogue One. As far as the new trilogy my wife and I have been a lottle disappointed so far. Don't hate them, but definitely don't love them like I do the others.

Edit: Also agree that games today just miss the replay value that so many classic games had. I still fire up Metal Gear Solid or the old nes and snes from time to time. Don't feel the same about newer gen games.

• Like 1

Just now, jameson87 said:

You are right about a lot of them being interchangable. I do love the snes games as well as Rebel Assault I and II , the rogue squadron games, and Jedi Power Battles. And I have no idea with the new trilogy not going the path of some of the already established, good material. The only newer Star Wars movie I have really liked and enjoyed is Rogue One. As far as the new trilogy my wife and I have been a lottle disappointed so far. Don't hate them, but definitely don't love them like I do the others.

Have you seen Solo? Its a fantastic film.

7 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

You like Starfighter Assault? Ive never heard anybody like that gamemode!

@Alkavian don't forget Rocky, scarface , and The Godfather on your list!

This game could easily be 4/5 if it werent for the bugs, imbalances and AI. Couple these things with a slew of new content and I wouldnt hesitate to call this game a masterpiece. As it stands i give it the same 3/5. Gave me half a chub then forced me to wear a condom.

Really high for me. I not gamed in probably 7 years. They get the bugs fixed and it will be even higher. I love it.