Ralph_E_Fresh

The Fix bugs/polish game priority argument

11 minutes ago, JackTV said:

At this point, to me, the game is now worth a price point much closer to what the asking price was ($40). When the game launched, it was most certainly a demo. Three maps and no offline play. The content released since really helped to round out the total package. And of course, thinking about the size of the team trying to add content while simultaneously fixing things plays a role.

As much as I wanted new content however, not every F13 movie has to be represented in-game in order to make it complete. There’s nothing wrong with subjective opinion, but it’s not the objective reality. 

It does, otherwise it's a demo.

What the game doesn't need is dlc/extra content.

Those maps and etc they left out weren't extra content, they were basic content that should've been on disc.

If anything the biggest bug fix needed is the missing maps from this franchise. Without that we have a demo.

Extra content would've been something like a custom map and etc.

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve happily gotten over 300 hours easy out of this “demo.” Greatest demo ever if that’s the case!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Those maps and etc they left out weren't extra content, they were basic content that should've been on disc.

If anything the biggest bug fix needed is the missing maps from this franchise. Without that we have a demo.

We just agree to disagree. There’s more content currently in this game than there is in the casual homogenized $60 releases. I think about the online shooters like COD and BF, for example, and the content for those games are made up primarily of paid map packs. Take away what you’re told to pay for, and those games are pretty bare- bones. Same with the single-player games. Detroit just recently released, and a player might get ten hours out of it. But, you also have the option to buy the, “Super Exciting Special Edition”, where you pay $20 for an extra hour of gameplay. 

Probably more important than the quantity of content, is looking at the player base that continues to play it, including those still active here on the forums. It’s all in the eye of the beholder. If I paid a premium price for this game, I’d feel ripped off. But I can’t really complain about a lack of content now, considering what’s released since launch has been free, and how many hours I put into it.

But, I’m also more satisfied now because I was there when the game had only three maps, so there’s that.

24 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

A demo it isn't. Everything that was on the disc at launch is what was outlined in the Kickstarter. All of the "basic content" that you refer to was always going to be extra DLC content.

10 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve happily gotten over 300 hours easy out of this “demo.” Greatest demo ever if that’s the case!

I'm a PS4 player, and I don't know if there is some way I can see how much time I have put into the game, aside from simply looking back over the dates I acquired the trophies I have got, but I know that since it was made available to purchase on PSN, I have played the "demo"(!) several times on a weekly basis, and had innumerable laughs and good times with other players who have become good friends on PSN, yea I don't deny there have been disappointments, but life in general is full of those, and I have learned to focus on the good, and learn from the bad when/where possible, but never to let the bad force me to forget the good

(!) implying extreme sarcasm

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Fixing the bugs and polishing the game won't make it more playable, theres a limit with attention span, where players such as myself will get burnt out by playing the same maps, same content etc

You can have a 100% fully polished game, but if it's repetitive it loses replay value. Bugs should've never been the priority if they knew about this upcoming legal claim, they should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later.

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted, however don't expect this game to have a good playerbase or to stay online for a long time, all it did was lessen the time this game is online.

5 maps, lack of content, lack of uniqiue maps, uncompleted Canon content to me won't work for an online game.

This will become a game that many play a week once or twice a year then get burnt out again.

Also the argument that patches made players return also proves my point, most  returned not because of bug fixes, they returned with those patches because they either had content such as maps and characters or because of the engine upgrade.

If it was really the case that people only stick around because of new content then Diablo 2 and Halo 3 servers would've been shut down years ago. Really just depends on each person's interest in the game. Every online game eventually hits the point where the player base size isn't worth the cost to upkeep it though. What you're talking about is an unavoidable eventuality, like worrying about your 2022 tax return. Yeah, it's gonna happen but how about just enjoying what you've got now instead of worrying about the inescapable future that's ahead?

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

If it was really the case that people only stick around because of new content then Diablo 2 and Halo 3 servers would've been shut down years ago. Really just depends on each person's interest in the game. Every online game eventually hits the point where the player base size isn't worth the cost to upkeep it though. What you're talking about is an unavoidable eventuality, like worrying about your 2022 tax return. Yeah, it's gonna happen but how about just enjoying what you've got now instead of worrying about the inescapable future that's ahead?

I think it's because almost everything planned for this game usually presented unexpected strong opposite results and it made any kind future for the game become seemingly worrisome. Not all of them, but some did.(Like the paranoia teaser, just to give an example.) Also, I've always been confident they will eventually get down to fixing the bugs or even the possible introduction of new bugs. 

It probably sounds spoiled that I would prefer this game to expand rather than what we have now, but that's only because I love playing this and appreciate the game too much, that I don't want this title to go drifting off into the sunset because of some unnecessary lawsuit. I don't think people will have to worry too much about that with the Halo or Diablo franchise. That is an entire different world. Even if the servers of Diablo 2/Halo 3 got shutdown, at least we know they will still have their predecessors and possibly more to come.

I agree with ralphie here, gamers attention span are that of fruit flies. Its a different generation."Gratification now !"should be the slogan of millenials. I fear without news, fixes, or dlc they are gonna wander off like a drunk white woman at IHOP at 4 am.Believe it or not their focus is the same......."jingles keys" hey young people you paying attention? "Jingles keys again" there you are they are shiny huh? ROFLMAO

Are players with short attention spans cut out for this game regardless then? Serious question.

I don’t know what it’s like to have a short attention span; I’ve always been a patient person. Short attention spans are a sign of the times, sure. It’s the “get-in, get-out” mentality of games like Fortnite that are taking over Youtube, because sitting still is overrated.

So when speaking of F13 — a game where you die and must wait until the end of the round to play again — is it a game that can hold their attention? Because it sounds to me like, if it’s all about keeping your attention, you’ll abandon the game when the DLC stops anyway. And regardless of the current situation, the DLC was always going to stop. There were never plans to keep releasing DLC. There’s only so much that can be released to begin with and, support for games cease when the game stops bringing in revenue and/or the developer has moved on to their next project.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 12:52 PM, Manny1985 said:

Again, your opinion doesn't amount to Truth. Also, if my post gets deleted, I could care less. As much as I like posting on this forum, I really don't think it's a big deal if my opinion is ignored or deleted. Than again, I know the difference between an opinion, and what is considered truth.

They definitely do have a problem with censoring folks and ignoring certain questions. He is not the only one it has happened to. And the word conspiracy does not make something fiction or not fact. Conspiracy simply means one or more people plotting. Conspiracy theory doesn't mean something is fact or not either, as it is a theory. The term conspiracy has taken on a whole new meaning in our life time to where when someone throws that term out it is meant to shut someone down and make them not heard. Don't perpetuate this, fact is there are plenty of us who have been censored when criticizing the developers and publishers. Not just @BrokenFattHardy

This ''demo'' definitely got a lot of playtime from me.

The onliest games I put more time into are the Monster Hunter games (I have two Monster Hunter games and I put over 1000 Hours into each one of them).

Sorry if I accuse you @He's Killing Me but I think you are confused About my post. Do you want to tell me why? (Sorry , if it is not you but someone just gave me 4 confused reactions and you seem like the most likely Person).

• Confused 1