Ralph_E_Fresh

The Fix bugs/polish game priority argument

On 6/12/2018 at 6:06 PM, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Fixing the bugs and polishing the game won't make it more playable, theres a limit with attention span, where players such as myself will get burnt out by playing the same maps, same content etc

You can have a 100% fully polished game, but if it's repetitive it loses replay value. Bugs should've never been the priority if they knew about this upcoming legal claim, they should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later.

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted, however don't expect this game to have a good playerbase or to stay online for a long time, all it did was lessen the time this game is online.

5 maps, lack of content, lack of uniqiue maps, uncompleted Canon content to me won't work for an online game.

This will become a game that many play a week once or twice a year then get burnt out again.

Also the argument that patches made players return also proves my point, most  returned not because of bug fixes, they returned with those patches because they either had content such as maps and characters or because of the engine upgrade.

I actually thought they didn't prioritise bug fixes 😂 

Thing is, we all get bored of playing the same thing over and again, they couldn't of kept producing content forever, it would've dried up eventually.

But remember when you were younger prior Internet and we had no updates to our games or additional content, still played the shit out of them for a long time. 

It is a shame no more is coming for sure. 

Just now, Manny1985 said:

Again, your opinion doesn't amount to Truth. Also, if my post gets deleted, I could care less. As much as I like posting on this forum, I really don't think it's a big deal if my opinion is ignored or deleted. Than again, I know the difference between an opinion, and what is considered truth.

Did you get to read what I wrote? No, you didn't, so you don't know exactly what it was, do you?

@Slasher_Clone Would you say my post was only opinion or was there truth in it?

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I actually thought they didn't prioritise bug fixes 😂 

Thing is, we all get bored of playing the same thing over and again, they couldn't of kept producing content forever, it would've dried up eventually.

But remember when you were younger prior Internet and we had no updates to our games or additional content, still played the shit out of them for a long time. 

It is a shame no more is coming for sure. 

The one game I played a ton (before the days of DLC), was Resident Evil 4. I earned and unlocked everything, and would still play it over and over.

Did you get to read what I wrote? No, you didn't, so you don't know exactly what it was, do you?

@BrokenFattHardyLOL get over yourself. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Why is Dead by Daylight then so much popular?

They continually add new content to purchase?

I think that trying to have an argument about an abstraction like truth is a waste of time.

@BrokenFattHardy, it had things that could be debated are true, and opinion can be truth, it isn't that easy to answer.

I don't think it was necessary to delete it, especially if viewed as an opinion. Deleting it only implies that the person who read it saw truth in it, I do as well to answer your question with my opinion.

Hope that makes sense.

20 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Alright things are getting personal in here now. @Manny1985 and @BrokenFattHardy, let's not get into a personal argument about anything.

It's not personal between me & him. Care to address why a post that was completely within the rules (but spoke a volumes) was immediately deleted from the board. Y'all was quick but not quick enough that someone else didn't see it. That person and myself are both wondering why it got deleted and how so quickly?

8 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Alright things are getting personal in here now. @Manny1985 and @BrokenFattHardy, let's not get into a personal argument about anything.

Nothing personal here, I don't take forum post personally.

On a different note, honestly as much as I love playing this game, I won't shed a tear or utter a complaint when the game finally dies. One reason is the continued release of great horror titles. Two of them I am looking most forward to?

Last of Us 2

Resident Evil 2 Remake

I was a little stoned when I watched this trailer, but I thought this was an awesome looking survival horror game. I still remember playing it on PSOne when I was in middle school. 

(PS I won't claim there is a conspiracy against me, if you delete this post).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

was there truth in it

I was not involved in any way. (still trying to figure out what's going on here)

Just seeing my name being thrown around a lot in this thread lol

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Nothing personal here, I don't take forum post personally.

On a different note, honestly as much as I love playing this game, I won't shed a tear or utter a complaint when the game finally dies. One reason is the continued release of great horror titles. Two of them I am looking most forward to?

Last of Us 2

Resident Evil 2 Remake

I was a little stoned when I watched this trailer, but I thought this was an awesome looking survival horror game. I still remember playing it on PSOne when I was in middle school. 

Oh yes, cannot wait for those. 

I remember getting RE2 as an ntsc import months before it got released here in the UK for ps1, was quality. 

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Oh yes, cannot wait for those. 

I remember getting RE2 as an ntsc import months before it got released here in the UK for ps1, was quality. 

I wasn't too impressed when they released the cinematic trailer. Once I saw the actual game play though, I was hooked. It looks like they are bringing back components from the unreleased version of RE4.

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

I was not involved in any way. (still trying to figure out what's going on here)

Just seeing my name being thrown around a lot in this thread lol

I made a pretty long post about how content over fixes shouldn't happen and added that if that was Gun's plan they should've addressed it. I threw in how they lurk in the forums and never really participate in open discussion with the people they asked to help them create this thing. I stated some personal views and some rather truthful insights and before I could refresh my page....... It was deleted. I was lucky that Slasher_Clone even got to read it but I'm sure no one else did. It was an immediate censorship of what many have stated & opinions directed in the direction of the developers and it must've really touched a nerve because it wasn't vulgar, it wasn't disrespectful and it was within the forum guidelines. There was literally not a single reason it should've been deleted other than to hush someone.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

I wasn't too impressed when they released the cinematic trailer. Once I saw the actual game play though, I was hooked.

Looks great, was only slightly disappointed purely because there is no VR mode. Re 7 was unbelievably good in VR. 

1 minute ago, kohagan said:

Looks great, was only slightly disappointed purely because there is no VR mode. Re 7 was unbelievably good in VR. 

I haven't played it yet. I bought the game, but I am waiting until Black Friday this year to pick up a headset. In your opinion, beside RE7, is there any other game making the headset worth owning?

6 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Last of Us 2

Resident Evil 2 Remake

I’m looking forward to these as well. Funny thing about The Last of Us... I’m just now playing the first one (I’m about an hour in); I saw the trailer for the new one, and was captivated, so I figure I had some catching up to do. I usually stick to indie horror.

Resident Evil brings back a lot of memories. I think the remake could’ve benefitted from the first-person, photorealistic route that RE7 used, but I’ll take it as it is. 

2 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m looking forward to these as well. Funny thing about The Last of Us... I’m just now playing the first one (I’m about an hour in); I saw the trailer for the new one, and was captivated, so I figure I had some catching up to do. I usually stick to indie horror.

Resident Evil brings back a lot of memories. I think the remake could’ve benefitted from the first-person, photorealistic route that RE7 used, but I’ll take it as it is. 

The Last of Us, in my opinion, is one of the best games ever released. Naughty Dog really knows how to tell a story. I won't ruin the game for you, but that game has some awesome cut scenes and deep moments.

• Like 1

@Ralph_E_Fresh I never wanted them to focus on new content over bugs. Come to think of it! I dont even think i was a part of the forums when they asked...

New content is nice and all, but. When that content breaks the game. It turns repetitive and a chore to play.

Trust me! If i had been on the forums when they had that poll. I would've voted for bug fixes over content. I'd rather have a game that is polished than a game that, alough has a lot of content. Its riddled with bugs/glitches...

people just... "Wanted it all"(*Ba dum tish*), content wise. Then fixes to the game afterwards...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

The Last of Us, in my opinion, is one of the best games ever released. Naughty Dog really knows how to tell a story. I won't ruin the game for you, but that game has some awesome cut scenes and deep moments.

I’m already enjoying it more than I ever thought I would when it first released. The opener especially was... wow! I didn’t expect that.

I think I first passed on it because of the zombie apocalypse thing; it’s been done to death. But as you mentioned, it definitely feels like there’s a lot more to it than just the premise. I admit I regret first passing on it. 

11 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I haven't played it yet. I bought the game, but I am waiting until Black Friday this year to pick up a headset. In your opinion, beside RE7, is there any other game making the headset worth owning?

Well, I am slightly disappointed by the VR output on psvr. There's not alot of aaa releases like RE 7. I own doom, skyrim, re 7, until rush of blood, which are all fun. Also a new wolfenstein has been announced  but I'd say It's worth trying before you buy imo. 

11 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I made a pretty long post about how content over fixes shouldn't happen and added that if that was Gun's plan they should've addressed it. I threw in how they lurk in the forums and never really participate in open discussion with the people they asked to help them create this thing. I stated some personal views and some rather truthful insights and before I could refresh my page....... It was deleted. I was lucky that Slasher_Clone even got to read it but I'm sure no one else did. It was an immediate censorship of truths & opinion directed directly in the direction of the developers and it must've really touched a nerve because it wasn't vulgar, it wasn't disrespectful and it was within the forum guidelines. There was literally not a single reason it should've been deleted other than to hush someone.

It was deleted because it was inflammatory in the eyes of the forum po-po.

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

but that game has some awesome cut scenes and deep moments.

But did it have a fraction of the bugs this game has?

5 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I never wanted them to focus on new content over bugs.

ElSUNxX.gif

32 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I'm still waiting for the op to tell me what in fuck the developers are supposed to do now.

If you need someone to tell you what to do, get married.  Spouses tend to do that.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

but that game has some awesome cut scenes and deep moments.

@Bropollocreed79Naughty Dog is on a whole other level compared to Gun Media. It's like comparing Steph Curry to the athletes at your local high school. 

5 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It was deleted because it was inflammatory in the eyes of the forum po-po.

'Did somebody call ma name?'

The post in question didn't come across as rational. When someone feels the need to use block capitals and multiple exclamation marks along with some underhand, subtle insults to try and get a point across, they generally post something that is more anger fueled than constructive.

@BrokenFattHardy, that is why your post was removed. If you want to post your opinion then you can, but you wrote it in such a way that it seems like you're just subtly flaming the developers and publishers.

22 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

@Bropollocreed79Naughty Dog is on a whole other level compared to Gun Media. It's like comparing StephanieCurry to the athletes at your local high school. 

Ftfy.

Also, Curry is a scrub who couldn't carry a team without help.  He's a fugazi tough-guy, and acts like a child with his preening and theatrics.  His peers do not like him, his own teammates don't respect him other than his shooting, and his oral fetish with his mouthguard chewing are giving psychologists plenty to discuss.

20 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

'Did somebody call ma name?'

I didn't say it in the mirror three times, so we should be all good.

• Haha 1