Ralph_E_Fresh

The Fix bugs/polish game priority argument

57 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Why is Dead by Daylight then so much popular?

Easy answer...less bugs, less lags, less cheaters and trolls, the ability to farm blood points if the killer wants to, more competitve, more killers and uniqueness, unique perks and add ons, having a REASON to continue playing with the rank system and prestiging your characters, big updates with little to NO bugs and the dev team never go back on their word on when release dates will be. Must I continue?

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Easy answer...less bugs, less lags, less cheaters and trolls, the ability to farm blood points if the killer wants to, more competitve, more killers and uniqueness, unique perks and add ons, having a REASON to continue playing with the rank system and prestiging your characters, big updates with little to NO bugs and the dev team never go back on their word on when release dates will be. Must I continue?

Yup.

Only about 30 hours on DbD and the experience is vastly different than F13. 

Not even apples and oranges, they're like steak and.....raincoats. 

I'm fairly confident that Friday is done and really hope that the devs patch the game so we've each got the full thing locally and continue to play. 

If they honestly and truly intend on keeping the game going then the perk/leveling/progression system needs a major overhaul.

Obviously the current state needs fixing, this is priority number 1.

If they are prohibited from creating any new content (Jason, Maps, Counselors) so be it, but, I don't think that means they can't fine tune the game itself. 

Here's the problem as I see it. No new content (paid DLC) means no revenue. Broken game now frozen by a lawsuit will likely not sell and means no revenue. 

Gun has a broken project on their hands that is virtually dead in the water with zero certainty as to its future, in a business sense I honestly cannot see what would motivate them to continue. But, if they actually and thoroughly fix the bugs regardless then I think that would be a serious show of integrity on their end and may keep people on board with them while they figure out how to make the game viable with its hands tied. I think, personally it's in the progression system.

What else do they have to work with?

I'm hopeful, but I think realistically it's done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they manage to be able to release new content in the future, let this be a lesson learned, that content should be the priority over bug fixes

OP does have point. I understand the urgency for wanting bug fixes, but that shouldn't be a reason to undermine the other group of people that are demanding of content just because they're making it seem like a "top priority."

"Content means nothing without a working game." Yeah..but then again, will there be a point to fixing something for a game that will not possibly be around for long? Content is just as important as bug fixes. Granted, content itself isn't always the answer to keep a game alive for long, but in this case, how would we know for sure down the road?

I'm sure illfonic didn't want to take that chance when they kick started and developed this game knowingly well they were going to go into the crossfire of a lawsuit that could've affected them soon, so you can't really blame them if there was a point where they always want to make content a huge priority over anything else. I'm pretty sure content fans knew this too, which probably explains why they were so eager on getting the developers to push out as much content as quickly as they could before something like this happened.

@Ralph_E_Fresh It seems some people here will never truly understand this because it's like they're too busy feeling obligated for a polish AAA company game related experience rather than worrying about the other roadblocks outside of the game that's preventing it from expanding to something better.

Honestly, content wise, before we even got in this mess, the priority should've never been focused for things like counselor clothing, jason skins or emotes. It should've been for the game changers like Pamela and additional heroes (like Tina, Alice, Reggie) and maybe a few other movie based characters and maps(Forest Green, Hospital, Shephard House and Manhattan). I'm sure most of the people who wanted the majority of content would've been satisfied enough with more of a Paramount F13 experience rather than a casual one.

• Thanks 1

I’m starting to think Illfonic is as much at fault of us losing content then the lawsuit is. If we could have gotten the roadmap content when it was supposed to be released we would have been sitting pretty right now with Uber Jason and Grendel among other content. The insane amount of bugs and glitches delayed everything. You can always expect small bugs in present generation games because they’re so detailed, but with the amount of bugs in this game it almost seemed like there was no testing done at all or that they just didn’t care.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:06 PM, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Fixing the bugs and polishing the game won't make it more playable, theres a limit with attention span, where players such as myself will get burnt out by playing the same maps, same content etc

You can have a 100% fully polished game, but if it's repetitive it loses replay value. Bugs should've never been the priority if they knew about this upcoming legal claim, they should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later.

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted, however don't expect this game to have a good playerbase or to stay online for a long time, all it did was lessen the time this game is online.

5 maps, lack of content, lack of uniqiue maps, uncompleted Canon content to me won't work for an online game.

This will become a game that many play a week once or twice a year then get burnt out again.

Also the argument that patches made players return also proves my point, most  returned not because of bug fixes, they returned with those patches because they either had content such as maps and characters or because of the engine upgrade.

So..........what do you expect them to now? Fixing bugs is pretty much all they can do at this point.

I’ve never played with any of you guys on here (that I’m aware of), but though I’d love new maps, I’m a little confused as to why new maps are a big deal because, all I ever see in QP is Packanack Small, Packanack Small, Packanack Small, Packanack Small... again, I don’t know what you guys experienced, but every QP game my crew and I are in is 50% Packanack Small, and 50% something else/random. Honestly, I’ll play the small maps, but I think it’s just because people like their games easy. Maps like Pinehurst require teamwork, but the small maps don’t really require a whole lot out of either Jason OR the counselors. Why release new maps when most games are on Packanack Small anyway?

I was hoping to take that away from them by campaigning for all QP games be mandatory random, but I could never imagine winning that fight, so my friends and I do mostly private matches.

On the comments about bugs and play testing, I think WE were the play testers all along, and it was never designed to be any other way.

Regardless of the results of the lawsuit or when, these guys need to put food on the table. Obviously they need to do other things and move on (which was going to happen anyway), and... why come back months later when the player base would’ve died off anyway? 

It was made clear on the website’s statement that new content isn’t “on hold”; it’s NEVER coming, regardless of the results of the lawsuit.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:15 PM, F134Ever86 said:

The game just needs to shave its head before people realize its safe to play.

I see what you did there and I love it..

On 6/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It's not lol.

5 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

OP does have point. I understand the urgency for wanting bug fixes, but that shouldn't be a reason to undermine the other group of people that are demanding of content just because they're making it seem like a "top priority."

"Content means nothing without a working game." Yeah..but then again, will there be a point to fixing something for a game that will not possibly be around for long? Content is just as important as bug fixes. Granted, content itself isn't always the answer to keep a game alive for long, but in this case, how would we know for sure down the road?

I'm sure illfonic didn't want to take that chance when they kick started and developed this game knowingly well they were going to go into the crossfire of a lawsuit that could've affected them soon, so you can't really blame them if there was a point where they always want to make content a huge priority over anything else. I'm pretty sure content fans knew this too, which probably explains why they were so eager on getting the developers to push out as much content as quickly as they could before something like this happened.

@Ralph_E_Fresh It seems some people here will never truly understand this because it's like they're too busy feeling obligated for a polish AAA company game related experience rather than worrying about the other roadblocks outside of the game that's preventing it from expanding to something better.

Honestly, content wise, before we even got in this mess, the priority should've never been focused for things like counselor clothing, jason skins or emotes. It should've been for the game changers like Pamela and additional heroes (like Tina, Alice, Reggie) and maybe a few other movie based characters and maps(Forest Green, Hospital, Shephard House and Manhattan). I'm sure most of the people who wanted the majority of content would've been satisfied enough with more of a Paramount F13 experience rather than a casual one.

This x10, this game should've been released with a map for each skin.

However I was patient and gave the game and devs a chance, instead we got stuff like emotes, clothes and etc

If they knew they had to get as much content before June 2018, then bugs shouldn't have been a priority, it shouldn't have even been a concern until after all content was released. They should've released it all buggy to make the date and then fix them after

I can't believe emotes and dances are a priority over fixing the game

• Thanks 1

If you really think about it, outside of uber Jason all the other Jasons we have. And from a legal standpoint, places like Camp Forest Green, Lazarus, Grendel wouldn't even be an issue to re-create as they are all locations OUTSIDE of what the original script was and therefore Vic would have no claim to them. Also notice "re-create" as in something that already exists on media. It would not be a "new" creation. But a re-creation.

5 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Well... They could give us Savini Jason?

Lol. Dude.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I was trying to 'like' that post by @BrokenFattHardy, but apparently it had to much truth in it, and was deleted.

If that wasn't the reason maybe someone could explain?

EXACTLY!!! Thank you, @Slasher_Clone. At least I know SOMEONE seen it and can confirm the censorship.

@wes or @GunMedia_Ben why censor the people who care enough to be honest about all this?

THIS KIND OF ACTION REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU AND YOUR COMPANY. 

giphy.gif

It was not vulgar or disrespectful. It was informative and heartfelt and above everything else............ It was HONEST!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

why censor the people who care enough to be honest about all this?

because they make it difficult for illfonic and gun to keep ilussion of being good guys. truth is they are very shady.

What did the post say? You can PM a general synopsis if you want.

On 6/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Larger variety in playable killers.  Full stop. 

You bring in a larger, more diverse cross section of horror fans.  Not everyone loves Jason or F13, but if this game had playable Freddy Kruger or @MichaelMemers, er, um, Michael Meyers (like DbD) then you'd have three fan bases interested in the game instead of just one.  Cast a bigger net, catch more fish.

7 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

This is a terrible argument because the focus of the "content" has been so disjointed and scattered, that the concept of "DLC" or "new content" is too broad.  "Content" in this instance, can mean so many things to so many people, that just satisfying yourself with the generic concept is dishonest.  

Plus, you can add all the "content" you want, but people aren't going to keep paying for new stuff if the old stuff doesn't work as intended or as advertised.

2 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

This x10, this game should've been released with a map for each skin.

However I was patient and gave the game and devs a chance, instead we got stuff like emotes, clothes and etc

If they knew they had to get as much content before June 2018, then bugs shouldn't have been a priority, it shouldn't have even been a concern until after all content was released. They should've released it all buggy to make the date and then fix them after

You don't seem to understand releasing content was the priority over bug fixes (Notice all the bugs when new content was released).

33 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

THIS KIND OF ACTION REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU AND YOUR COMPANY. 

I don't necessarily think they're shady, that can mean a lot of things, but I do think that as a media company they would be better at communication.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don't necessarily think they're shady, that can mean a lot of things, but I do think that as a media company they would be better at communication.

What they done by immediately deleting my post was just the same as a business deleting a bad review. If it weren't honest they wouldn't have been so quick to take it down. That's shady.........and we all know it.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Sorry, but I don't think there is a big conspiracy to censor forum posters, nor do I think this forum is holy place where all news about the game should break. Do I think Gunmedia is a great company? Not really. Do I think forum posters are overacting to this law suit? Most defiantly. There is no such thing as loyalty in corporate america. One day you guys will understand that. 

Maybe one day when they start pulling down your stuff as soon as it goes live you'll feel different........but you are right, there is no conspiracy. It's fact. You say something that has too much truth and it's deleted. Ask around the boards. The people not having it happen are the ones who keep it clean or kiss up.

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

You say something that has too much truth and it's deleted.

Again, your opinion doesn't amount to Truth. Also, if my post gets deleted, I could care less. As much as I like posting on this forum, I really don't think it's a big deal if my opinion is ignored or deleted. Than again, I know the difference between an opinion, and what is considered truth.