Ralph_E_Fresh

The Fix bugs/polish game priority argument

Fixing the bugs and polishing the game won't make it more playable, theres a limit with attention span, where players such as myself will get burnt out by playing the same maps, same content etc

You can have a 100% fully polished game, but if it's repetitive it loses replay value. Bugs should've never been the priority if they knew about this upcoming legal claim, they should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later.

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted, however don't expect this game to have a good playerbase or to stay online for a long time, all it did was lessen the time this game is online.

5 maps, lack of content, lack of uniqiue maps, uncompleted Canon content to me won't work for an online game.

This will become a game that many play a week once or twice a year then get burnt out again.

Also the argument that patches made players return also proves my point, most  returned not because of bug fixes, they returned with those patches because they either had content such as maps and characters or because of the engine upgrade.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted.

Oh no. I promise you we didn’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on your group. May be true for you. For myself and my play group, we have played the little bit of content there is a TON and have no reason to stop, especially if it’s fixed. We have a blast and bag hasn’t changed in almost a years time. 

If theres a working Friday the 13th game, Im going to play it. Period. Sure DLC would spice things up but thats off the table at the moment. This is a solid game with solid mechanics. The game just needs to shave its head before people realize its safe to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i hope they fix bug that diconnects jason player under 5 minutes in match. i cant play as jason.

15 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

hey should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later

Isn't that what they did?

In one year:

5 new maps

2 new Jasons

4 new counselors

3 new single play modes 

emotes

new clothing

In priority they need fix bug and game balancing. 

For me, new maps (except smaller version) and counselors change nothing to the game. New Jason does, but just for a few weeks.

I think simply new ways to escape can really renew the game and the fun.

Maybe new powers for Jason too.

We can have again a lot of fun with no big new contents, just simple things to change.

And new perks/XP system please.

If what they had now worked fine, the eight maps and dozen counselors would be fine. They could use updates to move some of the item/shack spawns around for variation; the guy insisting on a Jarvis House phone spawn might get that to happen!

But it doesn't, sometimes to comical effect. I'll still play because it's fun, but someone will do this not broken all the time (NOT whatever DBD is), and I'll forgo my brand association with F13 for a functional experience.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

right? you beat me to it.

They had a time limit to churn out new content, but no time limit for bug fixes to existing released content.  And isn't that what they HAVE done?

17 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Fixing the bugs and polishing the game won't make it more playable, theres a limit with attention span, where players such as myself will get burnt out by playing the same maps, same content etc

You can have a 100% fully polished game, but if it's repetitive it loses replay value. Bugs should've never been the priority if they knew about this upcoming legal claim, they should have churned out every possible map, character and artistic modelling repairs they could and worried about bugs later.

Those who argued for a priority on bugs over content, you got what you wanted, however don't expect this game to have a good playerbase or to stay online for a long time, all it did was lessen the time this game is online.

5 maps, lack of content, lack of uniqiue maps, uncompleted Canon content to me won't work for an online game.

This will become a game that many play a week once or twice a year then get burnt out again.

Also the argument that patches made players return also proves my point, most  returned not because of bug fixes, they returned with those patches because they either had content such as maps and characters or because of the engine upgrade.

I fully disagree. If this game as a pro is that every game is different. Always new ways to escape, always a thrill if played properly and with no bugs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SDA said:

I'll still play because it's fun, but someone will do this not broken all the time (NOT whatever DBD is), and I'll forgo my brand association with F13 for a functional experience

give me f13 clone and ill buy it on the spot. just not from illfonic.

25 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

lack of uniqiue maps, 

Lack of Unique Maps?

Whaaaat?

31 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Depends on your group. May be true for you. For myself and my play group, we have played the little bit of content there is a TON and have no reason to stop, especially if it’s fixed. We have a blast and bag hasn’t changed in almost a years time. 

Yep. If this game was truly bug free I would have no problem finding 7 others for private matches each night.

As it is now, I'm lucky to find 4 people playing. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

In one year:

5 new maps

2 new Jasons

4 new counselors

3 new single play modes 

emotes

new clothing

3 maps on launch/base, only 2 were released

We were burnt out by the other maps by the end of last year and are already burnt out by the 2 new maps.

The main reason people got excited for huge updates is because of the content added with it(inlcuding the engine update)

Maps, content etc are what make replay value, people claim "how about the days before online gaming?"

Well back in those days games with strong replay value didn't only have 5 maps and a lack of content, they were content heavy, hence why they had good replay value

The game has a decent amount of content. Especially with single player challenges. 

This game could have 40 maps and people would still pick Packinack small every damn time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dandop1984 said:

The game has a decent amount of content. Especially with single player challenges. 

This game could have 40 maps and people would still pick Packinack small every damn time.

This is also why we shouldn´t be able to vote for the map. That would be a Nightmare.

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

We were burnt out by the other maps

Why do you refer to yourself as we? 

5 maps were released in total with the small maps counting as new maps. 

1 minute ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

The main reason people got excited for huge updates is because of the content added with it(inlcuding the engine update)

According to? I was excited about playing as Jason. My continued excitement was meeting people while playing this game, and working together the survive against Jason.

2 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Maps, content etc are what make replay value, people claim "how about the days before online gaming?"

You seem to think you speak for the majority of people who play this game. You need to get over your own opinion.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Why is Dead by Daylight then so much popular?

Wow really? Because they still release content. Today for instance they're releasing a new killer and counselor.

But that is not the only reason why it is popular. It's a polished game. Very, very few if any bugs. It just simply works 98% of the time.

Gun and Illfonic also did EXACTLY what the OP has stated. They focused on content over bug fixes. Now the player base is so abysmal because some bugs from launch(1 year ago) are still there. If they had concentrated on fixing bug issues instead of trying to fix cosmetic shit that no one asked for (window prompt just to name 1) and focusing a majority of their time on content a bulk of the players wouldn't have left for good back in Aug-Sept.

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Why do you refer to yourself as we? 

5 maps were released in total with the small maps counting as new maps. 

According to? I was excited about playing as Jason. My continued excitement was meeting people while playing this game, and working together the survive against Jason.

You seem to think you speak for the majority of people who play this game. You need to get over your own opinion.

Those small maps weren't new maps, they are the same maps but condensed, it's dishonest to say thats new content.

This game always gets a spark when new content arrives. I didn't touch this game for two straight months after the Pinehurst map, until the engine update and double XP, where once I reached level 150 I was burnt out 

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Those small maps weren't new maps, they are the same maps but condensed, it's dishonest to say thats new content.

I disagree completely.  Small maps offer a much different play style compared to the big maps. They generally favor counselors early on, with the shift toward Jason toward the end. The opposite is true of larger maps.

Look, I get it, you are upset no additional content is being released and you think the game is going to die. Just keep in mind all games die eventually (yes even WOW will die eventually). I personally think the game has plenty of replay value, and I will continue to enjoy the game with friends. I am glad the developers are focusing primarily on bugs now, because this game needs that attention.

2 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Wow really? Because they still release content. Today for instance they're releasing a new killer and counselor.

Our devs released Content just last month ago…..

And anyway , they only release new Content all 3 months. And that game is Pretty repetetive.

4 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Because they still release content.

Dead by Daylight isn´t more popular because yesterday/today just got announced , that Friday the 13th: The Game won´t be releasing any new Content anytime soon.

I never argued for bug fixes over content because I don't believe they are capable of ever getting rid of the bugs.

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I disagree completely.  Small maps offer a much different play style compared to the big maps. They generally favor counselors early on, with the shift toward Jason toward the end. The opposite is true of larger maps.

Look, I get it, you are upset no additional content is being released and you think the game is going to die. Just keep in mind all games die eventually (yes even WOW will die eventually). I personally think the game has plenty of replay value, and I will continue to enjoy the game with friends. I am glad the developers are focusing primarily on bugs now, because this game needs that attention.

And once the bugs are fixed, and people play the same game over and over, they'll be burnt out within a week to a month of nonstop play.

Without new content this becomes a game you play a month twice a year, new content is what will keep players attention and prevent a repetitive experience

We simply aren't getting the full friday the 13th experience, it's more of a demo at this point, where's grendal, where's Tina and her map, where's the Lazarus ship? where forest green? Where's manhattan in this game?

The small maps make the matches more condensed, it speeds up the map.

1 minute ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

And once the bugs are fixed, and people play the same game over and over, they'll be burnt out with a week or two of nonstop play

We simply aren't getting the full friday the 13th experience, it's more of a demo at this point, where's grendal, where's Tina and her map, where's the Lazarus ship? where forest green? Where's manhattan in this game?

The small maps make the matches more condensed, it speeds up the map.

Ok, you said your peice, we hear you. We don't necessarily agree with you. Trying to convince us your right is poisoning other people to want to save the game. You disappointed, it's ok, be patient and if you can't be, then think about what you type, would you want someone poisoning the game for you?