Sign in to follow this  
Maddogg_8121

A few requests in light of the recent events.

From the wording in the news, it appears this game is done for.  It sounds like it is going to run basically until it starts losing money.  With no new content or dlc that time could come soon.  Hopefully it will last till the end of 2018.  This is all speculation, of course, with the limited info that Wes can discuss at this time.  So, here is a small list of requests to at least ensure that fans and players who bought this game can still somewhat enjoy it if and when the servers are shut down. 

1) no dedicated servers.  It costs a lot of money to run them.  Just keep it p2p and keep the current servers up as long as possible.  This is unless you are past the point of no return with the dedicated servers.  

2) turn on double XP/CP and tape drops and just leave it on. Let the newer players catch up and experience all of the Jasons and weapon swap feature and clothing.  I've been seeing a lot of new players as of late.  Level 1- 50 and everything in between.  Let them enjoy the full game experience. 

3) before the servers are shut down (if/when that happens) switch save data over to our side or whatever it is you do so that we can at least use the Jasons we have unlocked for bots and challenges.  It would really suck to have 2-3 Jasons to play and that's it.  I'm sure you guys can figure that out.  

4) communicate with us.  Let us know what is going on.  For a lot of us, this was the meca of our gaming experience.  Several I know of, myself included, bought a platform just to play this game.  We've backed the game, put up with the issues, and have still managed to have fun and support this game since launch or before.  Just talk to us.  Keep us in the loop. 

That is all for now.  I'll edit if anything else pops up.  

• Like 1

100% agree. Only thing I'd add is remove the weapon swap cap all together. If things go well with the lawsuit people will get to enjoy the feature for quite some time. If not, then at least everyone will get to use it for a time. Either way just drop the cap. No point in grinding now.

@Maddogg_8121 I am all out of likes for the day or your post would have got one for sure.

I am on PC, but I think getting dedicated servers up for consoles is still important, not just to keep their word on the issue... but it is also a good selling point for the game on consoles for future prospective campers and slashers. I understand your concerns as well... However, many players who have not yet bought the game may feel differently than you do when they discover the lack of dedicated servers... and discovering this before they buy the game could lead to them just not buying the game at all... ever.

I think many people would like to see double XP/CP on a permanent basis... but that could take away our events! Maybe just double the XP/CP and tape drops permanently and still give us a double XP event once a month on top of that. Let's face it... Leveling up is pretty slow as it is... Pamela tapes can be collected within a reasonable time, but Tommy tapes are almost as rare as a Sasquatch posing for pictures with children at their birthday parties.
   Let's hope there are more new players in the future... but I have not seen as many as you have recently.

I have read that putting our game data on our side is a problem with people hacking XP and CP and even perks... but I think this is important too. There are some people with the game that do not even have internet and this would make playing single player frustrating with so few Jasons unlocked. CP, perks and counselor unlocks are not so frustrating with this as you cannot play a counselor in single player, and probably will not be able to for some time (if ever)… but I still agree that this is important to. Hopefully they find a workaround for this. Perhaps even just leaving our level on our side and keeping the rest on their side for now... this would still help here.

The devs communicating with us is important of course... but remember, anyone involved with or affected by this (or any other) court case cannot talk about much to do with the case or anything affected by it without getting themselves into trouble and could detrimentally affect the case as well (there are probably exceptions to this, but I doubt they apply here). Anything they have to say will most likely be filtered and / or edited by a lawyer to make sure they are not talking about anything they should not be talking about... which of course costs for the lawyer's few every time... and lawyers are expensive.
   This is probably has something to do with why Wes stated "Once I have a clearer picture of what details I can discuss, I will." in his initial announcement. It could also explain their reluctance to discuss many aspects they were questioned about in recent months... but we do not know the details and can only speculate. We will not know much more until they can talk about it without repercussions... when the case is resolved. For our questions to be answered, it is now a waiting game.

@thrawn3054 I fully expected something to be unlocked at level 113 in this game for a long time... level 13 is pretty low for unlocks after all, and there is only one more "13" within the level limits to use. I did the grind a long time ago now (at least it seems that way to me). Level unlocks are just there to keep people playing with a goal in mind... and we knew "13" would be used in this game wherever it could be used... its in the title after all.
   But in light of recent events, lowering the unlocking level by at least half is truly called for now, I think. Just for some incentive to bring back players and have a cool ability unlocked without having to play a couple hundred hours to get it. I know many people do not have the time to put in on grinding levels to unlock things... and many really want that weapon swapping. Getting rid of the level unlock altogether does not give you much to work for though, and even if they do not increase the XP/CP for playing as Maddogg suggests, grinding to level 56 or 57 isn't so bad.
   Because the prophets of doom are saying the game is dying... does not mean it will be dying anytime soon. There have been "This game is dying" threads on a daily basis on the steam community since I first looked at it before I bought the game... sometimes several each day. So far, they have ALL been wrong... new content may not be coming in the foreseeable future (maybe no more will ever come to us... we do not know), but they are not closing the servers down in the foreseeable future... and until they announce the servers are closing... the game is not quite dead yet.
   In fact, many of the "this game is dying" threads on these forums read almost word for word with threads in the steam community, many are also written in the same style as the posts from steam... just with different user names. I think people will still get to play for some time yet... perhaps many years.

@Ahab Cutting down the level requirement for weapon swapping would be fine too. I just think with the uncertainty about the games future making people grind to 113 seems silly now. If it went to 56 I think that'd be a good incentive to keep people playing without making it feel completely out of reach. I'm at 150, so it doesn't effect me, but I'd like others to be able to enjoy it.

I'm not in the it's dying camp, but I am concerned for the games future. In the end servers cost money be it dedicated servers or the ones currently used for the consoles. I do think they'll support the game for as long as they can. But at a certain point with no revenue coming in they'll have to call it a wrap. Hopefully that's a while off, but they still have to responsible to themselves and their families. 

I agree, guys.  Keep that advice and opinions rolling.  Only reason I don't want dedicated servers now is because of the cost.   I think it may cut the lifespan down now.  I also think they should put the game on sale immediately to generate new players.  With the news though, people may not want to buy it at all knowing it may not be around sometime in the possibly near future.  If they can't put saves on our side, the logical thing to do would just be to drop the levels on everything so players can enjoy it all.   

23 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

or the ones currently used for the consoles.

afaik THERE ARE NO SERVERS FOR CONSOLES. the issue is that all games are hosted by the lobby host themselves meaning your connection and everyones connection is bound to how good the internet of the host is and how close they live to you (country / continent wise) and as soon as the lobby host leaves the entire server shuts down and everyone gets kicked back in the main menu and loses all the xp theyve been grinding for. they promised dedicated servers day 1 for consoles and its been past a year now and we still dont have em. requesting it to be scrapped all together is, sorry, retarded.

I believe they still have to buy server space on Xbox and PS4. The actually matches themselves are ptp. But to run the game itself I believe they have servers.

@thrawn3054 Too many people seem to be in the "dying" camp unfortunately. Not just people making threads or posting on them... but the youtubers as well. Many are acting like they just announced the servers are shutting down. But they didn't. Wes' statement said they can  work on bug fixes, balance, performance optimizations and dedicated servers... and that's what Illfonic are doing. Their "end of content" statement says: "Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released" This is not a statement that we will never get new content...
   Some people just cannot read something that is longer than 3 sentences, and the "end of content" statement (which, if you have not read it, is posted on the F13game.com home page) is only five short paragraphs. Its too bad so many people cannot even read beyond the headline... perhaps they should have went with something more like... "The wait for future content may be longer than we thought."
   I am also concerned for the game's future... I hope they make some kind of announcement that there are no plans to shut down the servers. I think they should be able to tell us that much at least, but they probably have to consult a lawyer just to do that. Frickin' legal mumbo jumbo. A short, over the phone interview or statement (for which they still probably need to consult a lawyer) with even just their listed "content creator of the week"... Slash n' Cast could get the ball rolling for that... they get a lot of views.

@Maddogg_8121 The biggest thing that may cut down the lifespan of the game now is the negative news spreading around the internet... that is inevitably going to hurt sales... New players can still buy the DLC's that are already out for sale... but they need new players to buy them. I would think many existing players have already bought all (or most of) the DLC's that they wanted out of what is there. If they are able to push out some fixes for what many people call "game breaking bugs" within a half decent time frame... things could turn around. There is lots of content that they were able to get out before this deadline... when they can make it work properly... and let people know that it is working, more sales may keep the game alive for some time.

• Like 1