13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Where have I EVER said this game is perfect? It has its problems. Plenty of them. But if we turn our backs on them now, they'll just turn their backs on us. I'm trying to show them that some of us still care despite what has been going on lately. I'm glad you support the game. That's all you had to say here. I'm just asking that we keep the arguments in the other threads.

Strawman, no one said you claimed the game was perfect.

Now you've switched topics from support of the game to support of the devs when you said "if we turn our backs on them now, they'll turn there backs on us"

We don't have to support the devs on this game anymore, we did that when we paid them our money on this game. I support their future endeavors, I support them being successful, but now they're no longer making content, there's nothing to support in terms of their work on the game, since they aren't making content anymore(according to them)

Supporting the game isn't the same as supporting the devs.

2 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

That's around the time most of us Xbox people start playing, anyway.  Hopefully, I'll see you online!

Except me... I'll be on in about an hour and probably going to sleep when you guys get on lol

I'm on Xbox all time playing Friday 13th I have all 52 achievements and I'm Max rank 150 and all dlc and emotes and I still play game because fun and great game.

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

I'm still playing video games from the 90's; content updates didn't exist for those games and I still love the fuck out of them. Can't play too much due to real life, but will still enjoy playing this game from time to time as well.

Great point. Most of those would be single player games though, right?

Still, content updates are not a necessity. The soul of the game should keep people around as it is a unique experience.

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

I'm still playing video games from the 90's; content updates didn't exist for those games and I still love the fuck out of them. Can't play too much due to real life, but will still enjoy playing this game from time to time as well.

Content updates didn't exist back then, difference is those games had a bunch of content, this game doesn't, hence why those games people don't get burnt out.

I know ps1 games with more maps, characters and content than this game.

Had this happened after all the content they could possibly create was done, where there were no more ideas left, then the game would go on for years after this. 

40 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

You're making things worse by ignoring the problem and silencing anyone who calls it out, you're not helping this game whatsoever only pretending everything is ok if they simply fixed bugs

And you still don't get it.....WE DON'T CARE! We will continue to play this game until the servers go bye bye...now you sir can go bye bye.

• Thanks 2

Just now, undrtkr said:

And you still don't get it.....WE DON'T CARE! We will continue to play this game until the servers go bye bye...now you sir can go bye bye.

Out of reactions, but you deserve one. Thank you.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if the Devs could get away with selling generic DLC to keep cash coming in? Like counselor weapon packs, add on to the vehicles with graphics and paint? Account bound, host exclusive. I imagine they can't do anything to Jason, the maps or anything related to the films. BUT! the vehicles, and the weapons counselors have available are generic. Or is it they can't add anything under the Friday the 13th name at all? Could they possibly drop the name to sell the stuff to us? I for one, would totally buy some of the stuff they talked about on the diary. That would also put an onus on hosting beyond ping. Or is the game just on lockdown? I would tag Samurai, but I think that poor guy has had enough these last couple days. So, what do you guys think? Could this be an option?

Edited by Redrum138

5 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

I know you don't care.

I care for this game very much and I'm not gonna pretend there isn't a problem

Ralph... you’re missing the point of this thread. Your point is valid to you. My suggestion is making a new thread to get it across. This one is strictly meant to be supportive during a really rough time. To show support for a game that we love and will play as long as we can. Regardless of new content. My enjoyment hasn’t come from new stuff but rather the people I’ve met and the fun we STILL have even now. That’s what this thread is all about

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Great point. Most of those would be single player games though, right?

Still, content updates are not a necessity. The soul of the game should keep people around as it is a unique experience.

Yeah, they're mostly single-player games. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still enjoying twenty year-old games.

5 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Content updates didn't exist back then, difference is those games had a bunch of content, this game doesn't, hence why those games people don't get burnt out.

I know ps1 games with more maps, characters and content than this game.

Had this happened after all the content they could possibly create was done, where there were no more ideas left, then the game would go on for years after this. 

I also know plenty of PS1 games that DON'T have as much content as this game. Funny how that works. Not much that can be done about the state of future content in this game anyway, so there's really no point in being upset. :)

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I know you don't care.

Obviously you don't. We all acknowledge the problem. We don't need it repeated ad nauseam over and over. No content EVER....got it...but the game is still up and running. We can still play QP, SPC and bots until the servers are cut off. How long is anyone's guess but we will still play it until then. In the meantime if Gun and Illfonic keep their word about continued bug fixes then maybe...just maybe this game could get to a decent playable state without all of the frustrations. What you are essentially saying is we should throw in the towel and not continue to support this game. The game is still for sale...people can still buy the DLC. So if that sustains the play-ability for another few months then great...fantastic...wonderful.

# save crystal lake 

this game with all its quirks and bugs has been a dream come true, my brother and I would talk about a game just like this for hours when we were kids.

I backed this game day one and will continue till the lights go out.

I have been a fan of the films for the last 30years I watched them hundreds if not a thousand times.... I love this game and will continue to play daily.... whether it’s a couple of hours, or like last nights 5 hour binge after reading the terrible news about new content, I will continue to hope for a positive and quick courtroom outcome but regardless of that.....

#cant stop won’t stop F 13 the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

I know you don't care.

Why are you still talking? This thread was made to support the devs not whine and complain about a lawsuit that they can’t help. I’m not trying to be rude but this is getting ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

Yeah, they're mostly single-player games. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I'm still enjoying twenty year-old games.

I also know plenty of PS1 games that DON'T have as much content as this game. Funny how that works. Not much that can be done about the state of future content in this game anyway, so there's really no point in being upset. 

Name me some of those games then, because even a game like Parappa the Rappa has more settings than this game.

It's pretty obvious now that Ralph is one of those people that always has to have the last word no matter what. Don't quote or respond to him....just ignore him.

2 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Obviously you don't. We all acknowledge the problem. We don't need it repeated ad nauseam over and over. No content EVER....got it...but the game is still up and running. We can still play QP, SPC and bots until the servers are cut off. How long is anyone's guess but we will still play it until then. In the meantime if Gun and Illfonic keep their word about continued bug fixes then maybe...just maybe this game could get to a decent playable state without all of the frustrations. What you are essentially saying is we should throw in the towel and not continue to support this game. The game is still for sale...people can still buy the DLC. So if that sustains the play-ability for another few months then great...fantastic...wonderful.

Actually I do care, if I didn't I would pretend everything is alright.

2 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

Why are you still talking? This thread was made to support the devs not whine and complain about a lawsuit that they can’t help. I’m not trying to be rude but this is getting ridiculous.

I thought this thread was to support the game not the devs... According to truth at least, there's a big difference there.

13 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I wonder if the Devs could get away with selling generic DLC to keep cash coming in? Like counselor weapon packs, add on to the vehicles with graphics and paint? Account bound, host exclusive. I imagine they can't do anything to Jason, the maps or anything related to the films. BUT! the vehicles, and the weapons counselors have available are generic. Or is it they can't add anything under the Friday the 13th name at all? Could they possibly drop the name to sell the stuff to us? I for one, would totally buy some of the stuff they talked about on the diary. That would also put an onus on hosting beyond ping. Or is the game just on lockdown? I would tag Samurai, but I think that poor guy has had enough these last couple days. So, what do you guys think? Could this be an option?

Unfortunately anything they sell for this game would be considered profiting on the Friday the 13th franchise, because they are selling content for Friday the 13th: The Game -- regardless of whether or not that content has anything to do with Jason.

@Ralph_E_Fresh The entire point of the thread is don't give up and keep playing as long as you want to and enjoy doing it. If we do that the devs will hopefully continue their efforts at getting the game polished. If a already fun game is polished and working properly people might come back. If people come back the community grows and streaming of the game goes up. That leads to new people seeing it and hopefully buying the game. Which leads to Gun being able to hopefully ride out the lawsuit and be able to make new content again. Which in turn grows the game. I'm not sure what else you would have people do to support the game.

Just now, undrtkr said:

It's pretty obvious now that Ralph is one of those people that always has to have the last word no matter what. Don't quote or respond to him....just ignore him.

"Don't feed the trolls"

Just now, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

Actually I do care, if I didn't I would pretend everything is alright.

I thought this thread was to support the game not the devs... According to truth at least, there's a big difference there.

Hey , man we really get your Point but spread your words on your thread but please not here , ok?

I'll still play this game some. And I'll be happy to play it even more if they actually fix the bugs/glitches.

5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ralph_E_Fresh The entire point of the thread is don't give up and keep playing as long as you want to and enjoy doing it. If we do that the devs will hopefully continue their efforts at getting the game polished. If a already fun game is polished and working properly people might come back. If people come back the community grows and streaming of the game goes up. That leads to new people seeing it and hopefully buying the game. Which leads to Gun being able to hopefully ride out the lawsuit and be able to make new content again. Which in turn grows the game. I'm not sure what else you would have people do to support the game.

The devs aren't gonna keep their staff hired with pay without a streaming revenue with content, I wish they would, whether we play the game or not and without content then sooner or later the game is going offline due to burnout from a lack of fresh and wide variety content

We need to focus on the issue here with the lawsuit and prioritize content over bug fixes.