2 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Abandoning it is going to be a business decision, and one that will probably come sooner than later unless they view good-will maintenance as necessary to the success of their next game.

No new content means the well will dry up.  The bulk of the people who will purchase the game did so, and no more DLC to add to the coffers.  Luckily they made a massive amount of profit, turning a $1M kickstarter into a game that sold 2+ million copies and DLC, probably earning at least $100M if not more in topline.  After distributor cuts they still have quite the budget to do some level of maintenance.  

How long they justify that, who knows?

In addition, they're not prohibited from selling the game in any form, so its not as if they aren't receiving any further revenue from the game.  This is also illfonic's 6th or 7th game they've developed, and Gun also has another game in the works.

Considering the game was in development, in one form or another, since at least 2014, and a personal passion project for all at Gun involved, I doubt they'd 86 it very quickly.

I admire the enthusiasm and dedication. Unfortuantely, I can't bring myself to play the game currently.

Here's to hoping this all blows over. If you need me, I'll be building Jurassic Park.

• Like 2

still here!

* edited cause I did not wish to  push the rating line  with inappropriate art

abysmal_horror_character_005_by_sloanmcc

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

If we just keep shitting on them for everything, then why would they even bother trying?

because they should act like proffesionals. they sure dont work like proffesionals, because if they did, this game would be in much better state and there would be much less dissapointed and angry fans. they are in bussines of making games, its not about surfing on game forum and having nice and friendly conversations with fans. its about working on game and completing the game. then they sell it and if its good people will say nice things.

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

And if that gets fixed?

then i would ask when will we get dedicated servers.

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can add to this that was not in the press release.

I'm fine with that for now, but I really think you should read that message I sent you guys.

And we're not going anywhere.

Everyone banding together! Love this. F13- The Game will live through this!

9 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can add to this that was not in the press release.

Are you fighting to Save Crystal Lake?

That would mean something, are you all still in the decision making phase or have all the decisions been made?

Edit - thanks for the last response, I get the position you're in but I still think there's something you can say.

5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Is Wes planning on saying more when he gets more details? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vigorowicz said:

because they should act like proffesionals. they sure dont work like proffesionals, because if they did, this game would be in much better state and there would be much less dissapointed and angry fans. they are in bussines of making games, its not about surfing on game forum and having nice and friendly conversations with fans. its about working on game and completing the game. then they sell it and if its good people will say nice things.

then i would ask when will we get dedicated servers.

If you want to argue about this, let's bring it somewhere else. I don't want to ruin what we're trying to do here. I respect your opinion, but this isn't the place nor time for us to argue. You can send me a pm or bring it to a more relevant thread.

It would just be nice for the developers themselves to join with the community in the “we’re not giving up” phase. Let us know what you’re going to do next. Bond with the consumers still here pushing through. Maybe throw out another double XP event for like ten days. Something. Anything. The silence is the worst part as we gather together

@ShiftySamurai

Is Wes planning on saying a bit more regarding the state of affairs? 

• Haha 1

Just now, cruehitman said:

It would just be nice for the developers themselves to join with the community in the “we’re not giving up” phase. Let us know what you’re going to do next. Bond with the consumers still here pushing through. Maybe throw out another double XP event for like ten days. Something. Anything. The silence is the worst part as we gather together

They're more than likely still trying to collect their thoughts. This is a difficult situation for any developer to be in. Give them some time and show them you care. They'll do the same.

@AldermachXIMan, you know what... I'm gonna be on tonight, fuck it. Bugs, and glitches be damned. I'm in too! Ps4 till it dies!

• Like 2

I just wanted to say my thanks and I’m still here also. I remember a time, few years ago when we didn’t have this game. It sucked. Now that we haven’t had a movie in almost 10 years, it’s makes the game that much more special. I can turn on the game and I get a Friday the 13th experience every time I play. It may not be perfect but it’s still better than what we had a few years ago, nothing. Again I’m grateful for this game, the forum and all of you f13 fans coming in here and expressing your opinions. Even if the game dies, Jason will live on. Not even this lawsuit will keep him down forever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

This is a difficult situation for any developer to be in.

Seriously. Imagine all the work they put into Grendel/Uber Jason, only to (possibly) have them scrapped for good. Heartbreaking.

Just now, JasonX316 said:

I just wanted to say my thanks and I’m still here also. I remember a time, few years ago when we didn’t have this game. It sucked. Now that we haven’t had a movie in almost 10 years, it’s makes the game that much more special. I can turn on the game and I get a Friday the 13th experience every time I play. It may not be perfect but it’s still better than what we had a few years ago, nothing. Again I’m grateful for this game, the forum and all of you f13 fans coming in here and expressing your opinions. Even if the game dies, Jason will live on. Not even this lawsuit will keep him down forever. 

Thanks for popping in and showing support. I truly appreciate it.

I also wanted to suggest you watch Never Hike Alone (if you haven't already). It's up on youtube, made by @damnenchiladas, and blew me away.

There's also another fan film in the works:
http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19676-mythos-a-friday-the-13th-fan-film/

Been here since the forums inception... Will be here until the end. 

Been away from my PS4 in the last few months but am looking forward to sinking some hours into the game very soon. 

• Like 1

We definitely appreciate the support. I, for one, was expecting the announcement to be received more poorly, but you guys have been awesome. It's definitely an emotional time. I *might* have a browser tab open for everyone streaming F13 on either Twitch or Mixer right now. It might not be the most meaningful thing, but if that +1 to view count helps, then I'm there.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_6.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'll still here supporting them, the game is awesome, (yes full of bugs, jason weak as fuck, slow grab animation) but the game is still awesome, and now they can focus on all those bugs and fix it, ill still play the game

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I, for one, was expecting the announcement to be received more poorly, but you guys have been awesome

We're here for you guys as long as you're here for us! Thanks for the support Shifty, it means more than you know.

• Like 1

Thanks @ShiftySamurai

we definitely aren’t packing it in. Just work with us developers and we can still have a lot of fun during this down time. We all want this game to be THE definitive experience! 

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We definitely appreciate the support. I, for one, was expecting the announcement to be received more poorly, but you guys have been awesome. It's definitely an emotional time. I *might* have a browser tab open for everyone streaming F13 on either Twitch or Mixer right now. It might not be the most meaningful thing, but if that +1 to view count helps, then I'm there.

Never underestimate us. 

Because we will always remain!