Im gonna stay here as long I can, until the close their dedicated servers or just decide to it's time to let it die. I really hope this bullshit of Victor and the lawsuit end fast. 

Such a shame what is happening right now....  This game is a landmark in my life and it can't end like this just because one old punk man wants a little bit of money. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Thanks @AldermachXI. This is the time for us to show our support, not fight to the death. Some see this as the end, I see it as A New Beginning.

@Cokeyskunk, @TheHansonGoons, @Thatguyinktown, @The Wolf with that Toast, @Zaneygrrl, @TxJason, @HuDawg, @NthnButAGoodTime, @Kodiak, @Slasher_Clone

Sorry to tag you guys again, but this is where it starts. Show everyone that we still care and we're not going to give up on them.

Like I said before, the only reason they would abandon the game is if WE abandon THEM. Let's do the RIGHT thing here.

I will continue to play even though they will not be releasing new content. It sucks that I'm having more issues then I did before the recent patch but the game is still playable so I play.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Sorry to tag you guys again, but this is where it starts. Show everyone that we still care and we're not going to give up on them.

Like I said before, the only reason they would abandon the game is if WE abandon THEM. Let's do the RIGHT thing here.

F13th game to me is a game myself and friends have sat around camp fires.. drinking and smoking and 'wishing' that a game like this existed.    And now it does exist.

I love this game and will always show love for it.. 

• Like 1

Shoot, I still play the NES game from time to time on my nes emulator. I've been playing that game on and off for over 25 years. If this game last that long, I will still play it.

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I love this game and will always show love for it.. 

We may argue A LOT, but it's mostly because we both really care about this game and want to see it succeed. I've always understood that, and that's why I tagged you.

(plus we both like to argue lol)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

Now you REALLY know what it was supposed to mean lol

This is my only real gripe with the devs, I can't imagine their restricted from just saying they want to save their game. 

I would stamp that on everything if I could, it would have been my first post this morning, with a sketch of what's possible if I was in Shifty's shoes. People want to know we have a future.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is my only real gripe with the devs, I can't imagine their restricted from just saying they want to save their game. 

I would stamp that on everything if I could, it would have been my first post this morning, with a sketch of what's possible if I was in Shifty's shoes. People want to know we have a future.

They just don’t have good PR. That’s all there is to it. I still believe the game itself can be saved but the devlopers’ reputations? A lot of apologies would need to be given.

I don't think anyone else could have said it better. 

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

We may argue A LOT, but it's mostly because we both really care about this game and want to see it succeed. I've always understood that, and that's why I tagged you.

(plus we both like to argue lol)

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Suddenly more and more Things finally make sense.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hugh D Paul said:

They just don’t have good PR. That’s all there is to it. I still believe the game itself can be saved but the devlopers’ reputations? A lot of apologies would need to be given.

I don't want an apology, I want them to do the minimum of PR to Save Crystal Lake. I'm not angry so don't read it that way, I'm waiting for more information and posting what I can based on the little I know. 

Wes can get done what he needs to do, but at his earliest convenience we need an update on Gun. Shifty knows better what he's allowed to discuss about F13, I hope he is working on something. 

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Gonna be streaming the game all day today on my personal channel. I encourage everyone to get on social media today and show the devs that We're Still Here.

We'll be here playing the game for as long as they're willing and able to support it.

Amazing how things go. You went from swearing off the forums to starting a love thread for the devs.  ;)

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Try getting people to put their issues with the game aside for a moment.

i wish i could put aside fact that i cant play as jason because game gives me an error. no support from me.

1 minute ago, Vigorowicz said:

i wish i could put aside fact that i cant play as jason because game gives me an error. no support from me.

And if that gets fixed?

That's the whole point of this. People keep saying they're abandoning the game. That will only be the case if we abandon them. If we just keep shitting on them for everything, then why would they even bother trying? I understand how you feel, but abandoning them only means your issue may never be fixed.

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Amazing how things go. You went from swearing off the forums to starting a love thread for the devs.  ;)

That post was made before yesterday's news. That sorta changed a lot.

I'm always wanting to do what's best for the game. At that point, leaving with what feedback was already provided was more than enough. Staying would have only taken away from that, in my opinions.

But what's needed now is the community to come together...So here I am, pushing for that.

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

And if that gets fixed?

That's the whole point of this. People keep saying they're abandoning the game. That will only be the case if we abandon them. If we just keep shitting on them for everything, then why would they even bother trying? I understand how you feel, but abandoning them only means your issue may never be fixed.

I don't think support from the 50 or so people that visit the forums is going to change how this plays out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NScarlato said:

I don't think support from the 50 or so people that visit the forums is going to change how this plays out.

Well all we can do is try, right? I would much rather try to make a difference than sit here bitching about what they've done wrong. That's an argument that will go nowhere and help no one. Trying to get us all together IN SUPPORT of the game itself is the best thing we can do right now. If they see that no one cares anymore, then they'll abandon it too.

• Thanks 2

I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere.

I've been an F13 fan in general, and a Jason Voorhees fan in particular, since I was a teenager. Maybe it was because I was bullied as a little kid and and as a result I found that I gravitated towards big, strong "role models" as I grew up. Jason certainly fit that mold, and the fact that he was supposed to be bullied for being different also spoke to me. The fact that he horribly killed motherfuckers was just icing on the cake.

Anyway, I'd always been a gamer and I'd always wished that a game would come out that would actually allow you to pay AS Jason while killing those pesky cam counselors. But with all the controversy that violent videogames seemed to generate on a daily basis, that seemed like nothing but a pipe dream. Fast-forward to today, and I have the very same game I was wishing for all those years ago, presented with graphics and gameplay that a young Dolemite could have only dreamed about. Yes, the game is buggy, and has been for over a year, but the base game and content was clearly made with love and knowledge of the franchise. There may have been frustration and aggravation, but the reason the fandom all got pissed sometimes is because of our deep love of the game and wanting it to be the very best it could be. A lesser game about a character other than Jason wouldn't have engendered such rabid support.

So, in light of the current legal woes that the F13 franchise is currently experiencing - especially when it comes to the game - I just want Gun and Illfonic to know that no matter what happens, I'm deeply appreciative over the wonderful game that they have delivered to us...it is indeed a flawed but increadibly fun and memorable masterpiece. I wish to play it for years and decades to come, and remain hopeful that the legal woes will get worked out sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm with you there.  In the space of an hour, I went from shitting on them for the emotes (typical monday) to "OH, so THAT'S why they were furiously releasing content over bug fixes."  They also had to cram not only a final content update, but also an engine upgrade at the same time with a deadline fast approaching.  They had to balance losing players between Feb-late may and having all that work for an engine upgrade and new content they had been working on go completely to waste if they couldn't get it out before the new content deadline.

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well all we can do is try, right? I would much rather try to make a difference than sit here bitching about what they've done wrong. That's an argument that will go nowhere and help no one. Trying to get us all together IN SUPPORT of the game itself is the best thing we can do right now. If they see that no one cares anymore, then they'll abandon it too.

Abandoning it is going to be a business decision, and one that will probably come sooner than later unless they view good-will maintenance as necessary to the success of their next game.

No new content means the well will dry up.  The bulk of the people who will purchase the game did so, and no more DLC to add to the coffers.  Luckily they made a massive amount of profit, turning a $1M kickstarter into a game that sold 2+ million copies and DLC, probably earning at least $100M if not more in topline.  After distributor cuts they still have quite the budget to do some level of maintenance.  

How long they justify that, who knows?

News that there will be no more updates, and that the game has always been a buggy mess and still is probably won't make the most compelling argument for people to buy the game at this point.

11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I'm always wanting to do what's best for the game. At that point, leaving with what feedback was already provided was more than enough. Staying would have only taken away from that, in my opinions.

But what's needed now is the community to come together...So here I am, pushing for that.

Much respect.

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Shifty knows better what he's allowed to discuss about F13, I hope he is working on something. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can add to this that was not in the press release.

• Like 1