Sign in to follow this  
Hugh D Paul

Future Content Cancelled or Postponed?

So I’m assuming that everyone is currently aware of the developers’ decision to halt all future content as they have been pulled into the Cunningham v Miller lawsuit. This means that the promised Jason X and Grendel Map will not be released, and the developers are unable to release any new game modes, maps, counselors, jasons, or any other type of downloadable content.

It sucks. And it’s probably not new information for most of you.

My question is: Have the developers completely given up on the game?

I mean, I know that court cases can take a long time, and I know that as a “business” decision it doesn’t make monetary sense to continue working on the game. But with everything they’ve put into it: are they willing to let their “dream” go down the drain?

Which brings me to my next question: Is future content cancelled or postponed?

The way they worded it seemed to be more like a goodbye than a statement containing even a small amount of hope of resuming content later on.

So what do you guys think? Is Gun Media finished with their game? Is fututre content done forever? And will the servers shut down? Please give me some answers! 

"We’ve now been forced to accept that the lawsuit makes future content for the game, including alternate play modes, new playable Jasons and Counselors, and new maps, unfeasible now or in the future"

" So what does this mean exactly? There will be no additional content added to Friday the 13th: The Game. This includes “Uber Jason”, The Grendel Map, Jason Kill Packs, Clothing, Emotes and new Counselors. "

" Deeply sorry to share this news. Starting today, no future DLC content for F13 will be released. As you know, it's been our lifelong dream to create a video game based on F13, and thanks to your support, we were lucky enough to realize this dream. We sincerely thank you. "

Those statements seem pretty clear cut to me. People have a strong case of denial right now. 

Bug fixes and dedicated servers for consoles are coming. That's all we know. 

I hope they can Save Crystal Lake, if they can't, I think they should build a new game. They can rise above this, one way or the other. 

They need to clarify.

Though they said "in the future", which I don't understand as the lawsuit wouldn't go on forever, so perhaps it isn't the lawsuit then, if it was then wouldn't it be postponed?

granted the lawsuit cannot go on forever, that being said even if the court was to pass a judgement tomorrow, whether they rule in favor of the plaintiff or the defendant wouldn't actually fix the problem, as the losing side could continue to tie up the franchise with red tape by appealing the ruling/judgement, even if both parties decided to settle privately outside of court I would imagine the process of reaching a settlement which is acceptable for both parties would take a considerable length of time... I'm as pissed as a lot of people that new content has been torpedoed by the law suit, but short of Miller's entire estate being wiped out of existence there is no "quick fix" to this problem

what will probably happen is in X-years there will be a remake/reimagining of this game, much like has been/is being done with the Resident Evil/Resident Evil 2 remakes