Sign in to follow this  

8 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Sorry, I was vague. 

I meant overall. Realism like Friday the 13th went for, more stylized with painterly touches like DbD, maybe something very stylized like you'd see from maybe Blizzard.

Oh, straight up realism. I totally missed what you were saying, but I got it now. Horror works better when it's in a world that looks like our own. Part of our fear comes straight from our subconscious, if you see rusty nails, you know it can't give you tetanus but you get careful anyway. The idea below would also be in the F13 style.

The Sequel

After surviving an attack by a slasher, our characters have returned to their homes. Flashbacks, and story items link killers to their escaped victims. Survivors are left thinking they have escaped and are safe, night slowly falls and a new threat has found them.

All the maps in this one will be connected to the characters, who are named and play roles in the over reaching Story. The story is simple, there is a list, each character is present and has survived one of the killers but that just means they've been added to the next killers list. The killers are all following the lists for their own reasons. Most would kill whoever is behind it if they could figure that out. Until then they are punishing those who are on the list they have.

All the maps are in one city, each one is a neighbourhood around a survivors house or job. They range from apartment buildings, to suburbs, to the rich kids house. The jobs can be used to add new and interesting maps in the future. Characters can be in any location when a night of terror begins. So for example the rich kid can have a break down outside the poor apartment building, or be there picking up something, ?. The matches work the same as F13, but the killer has two mins and can choose to start that beginning kill animation, on a bot or player. If he fails to do so, the players are warned via text and the hunt begins. Bots only play a small role, most of the people are mysteriously gone if not in view of a player at the start of a match.

Phones are dangerous in this mode, some killers can track them, or call them to give your position away. It's up to the player how to use this, I would ideally work it out so that it has a chess like tactical element. Every advantage can be turned around, so I'd want players to try and find as many creative uses for the phones as possible. you can ditch it, set an alarm to use as a distraction, or us it as a light. Take pictures, and text, eventually earn better phones.

Ten Survivors, linked to five killers, and five in city maps to start, I'd add the original hunt maps that the characters survived on as time when one, ideally one would come with the game, giving you six maps in total. The original hunt maps can be outside of the city ie. the wilderness (bear spawn?), a day of the dead carnival, an island retreat, or really any map that fits the killers, as these are their turf the way the city maps are the survivors turf. Each killer has history with two of the survivors, they escaped either together during a single hunt or separately at different hunts. The world should establish that this is ongoing, it help to explain the meta knowledge/feeling that you've done this all before. It sets an expectation that no more than two people should escape as well.

The killers, it seems to me if you really want to get a good slasher experience, you have to fight against an unkillable foe. They need to be unstoppable, the best you can do is slow them down. This is how I propose we do it. The killers are all in possession of some object (I'd go on but not sure if this is to close to the F13 t.v. Show, if it's not or you want to know I can explain later but really the show does an ok job). Ok, second try, The killers are given build options that allow them to be bullet proof but stunable or a form of evasion. It's up to the killer to decide if higher hit points are better or damage reduction/avoidance. Add killer items that give them temporary buffs, a drug that brings you back if you take it, a weapon or supernatural ability to collect the souls of your victims and use that to comeback or a mysterious regeneration that is left a mystery. I think it would be best if I was actually building this, to give them each the option to do any build. This would be the most interesting but if not, giving each one a single unique build would probably be enough for most people. I would have the fifth killer be a completely normal person barely any different then the survivors, again it would be most interesting to me if that killer could be any of the survivors, giving your survivor a path to becoming a killer and maybe replacing one of the other four by taking their unique advantage. This would make high rank killer players very obvious, as it would require the most work for your favourite survivor to get that far.

I could also imagine ways to get around not having a lot of hit points or the supernatural if a game wanted more human killers. A killer with a bot dog that does tracking and can act as a mobile beartrap, running up and latching on to a survivor. Another killer having the ability to mind control bots or starting with a gang of defenders/attackers, a killer that uses stealth or blinding effects to get close. There's a lot that could be done. The killer could literally be an animal or a creature as well, its a choice someone would need to make fairly early in the build process.

Killer weapons should be different than the regular weapons, if a killer has a chainsaw it loses its power if anyone can use one. It's no longer special. I'd like to add more but I think I'll end up rambling, killer weapons need to have gravitas, if that makes sense. I'd rebalance survivor weapons as well. By smashing one with another I'd assign damage and durability. An ax smash everything in at most two hits, if obviously does the most damage, a bat can take a hit from an ax but a pot is destroyed instantly. This would make more sense to me.

The hunts last for twenty to twenty-five minutes, as things that the players do or killer does effect the time. This means keeping your phone can be a life saver or the prophet of doom telling you help just got further away, or the cops that came to investigate are both dead.    

This game would be much more everyone for themselves, and play very close to F13, a set number of victims, a killer, a large or small map. Escape, defeat the killer or die. On some maps you drive, on some you have to unlock gates or doors. You can escape to rescue, but I would give the killer ways to mess with this. A killer could use someone's phone to bring you into a specific place, you have to be careful. Upgrades let you do things like set it to vibrate or unlock other features. So many wonderful ways to make this fun. 

It takes place in the modern world but at a point already past, recent history. Someone is making this happen the secret is to live long enough to find out who. 

Edit - Someone needs to reply so I can add more. Oh and that hide or die game has cellphones, so not sure if that would be stepping on toes, they're ubiquitous now so maybe not.

This game plays a lot like tag, that's not a bad thing, it's probably the reason most of us like it so much, at least on the gut level. You run to chase or escape. The bad thing that happens if you get caught, is that you watch your counselor die, you sit out the match with the hope that you come back as Tommy to get a second chance. What if Tag was the point. What if there were other horrors that could happen to your caught character. 

I'd like to introduce you to Daisy. Daisy isn't like other girls and boys. Daisy isn't even human. That doesn't mean she doesn't like us, she needs us. You see, Daisy is a parasite, and she likes to be warm. It's just about the right temperature inside us, she likes it a bit hotter, so when she gets inside she turns up the heat. She's also looking to reproduce, but as a parasite she needs hosts, warm hosts. 

As you can tell this will be a horror game but not necessarily a Slasher one.

Locations 

1. College/University Campus - Dorms, Classrooms, Lecture Halls and very few people left on campus over break. There are large grassy areas between building, to give it space.
  2. CDC Laboratory - Reception, Bio Labs, Operating Room, Cold Storage, Offices, and a Loading Bay. Around the building are different Test Facilities, Animal Pens, an Incinerator, a Morgue.
  3. The Museum - Ideally a recreation of a real Museum like the very beautiful one in New York. After dark there aren't very many people around, but enough might be at a private party for Daisy's needs.

Ten Characters per map. Characters built using whatever system balances the game.

This game starts out as an exploration mode. The character all spawn in one area, they are encouraged to look around and explore. One of the will end up entering the right space or opening the right object so that Daisy can make her introductions. If players start but don't do anything at a set time, one will be selected to be the killer. This is going to be a game of tag, but not like any you've ever played.

Kills - As you progress you will unlock more varied kills. Each on will have its own animation, much like F13. The killer must grab the intended victim and then attempt a kill. Protective items may prevent a kill from taking place but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll break free. There may be enough time for Daisy to try again, as it uses a similar break free mechanic. Kills can be preformed on the face,  top or back of the head, shoulder, multiple back kills, chest and stomach kills, and finally front and back groin kills. 

If Daisy is outside a body she is fast and agile. Moving faster then a sprint, and tiring half as slowly. Jumping to move through windows or other things drains stamina. Daisy can hide and go places a person can't. Outside a body though she is vulnerable and can be killed, so this is not something she is encouraged to do. Getting back into a body means attempting a kill without a grab, this should be very hard to do, although easier if done from behind to a lone individual. Jumping will drain her stamina making her vulnerable if she misses.

Daisy is a smart girl and she knows it's better to wound her future hosts rather than kill them. There will be some strategy in when you start going for head shots. Daisy is near unkillable in a body, shotgun blasts are merely knockdowns. Daisy doesn't see the world the same way we do, she sees the air currents and tastes her environment to gain extra information about her surroundings. This doesn't mean she's blind, Daisy can see the electrical current of your body or even powerlines and electrical devices. When Daisy is in a host she can see through their eyes, giving her the ability to blend the two together. Seeing the game as a player with extra information in the form of scent trails and electrical impulses. Outside of a body it will be disorienting to not be able to see most of the world, just shades of grey in outline and those scents and impulses. 

Daisy's introduction is violent and sudden, four feet of mutant tape worm throws it self at your face and wraps it's self around your neck till you black out. This only last as long as the swallowing animation, the player this is happening to is blacked out but other players are frozen in place while Daisy makes her exit into a new host. The body jerks a few times and then the player becomes Daisy. Your it.

If nobody triggers the animation, then one player keels over, as they had Daisy inside them all along. Like any Tag game the goal is to make the next player it, it's the same for Daisy. She wants to infect every one of the players. You don't want an intelligent tape worm, infecting you, mind controlling you and making you hunt and infect your friends do you? That's a trick question in the safety of a video game that sound disturbing but fun to me. I really hope I'm not alone.

You use your new found Daisy senses to run down and grab the next person, Daisy's speed will be partially balanced by the types of entrance wounds she makes. After making her self at home in a new torso, Daisy forces her way back out the mouth, blossoming like a flower and covering most of their face. Hence the name, that and I thought it was pretty. When Daisy catches the next person she has to grapple them and then go for a kill depending on where she is attacking from, and what kill she preform determines how much time they have to counter, countering decreases your break out speed, so you might end up stuck in a loop that will end with Daisy getting you. Different types of armour protect against different attack locations, the more armour you wear the slower you become. 

Daisy kills if she strikes the head with a successful bite, this could giver her a bonus as she get knowledge from the persons memories. If she successfully attacks any where else though, she leaves her old host behind and wiggles her way into a new one. This doesn't kill them immediately, and the original host is alive as well. A new player is now 'it', and the old player is free from Daisy. There may even be a cure, singular, somewhere on the map. The hosts that are left alive are changed by Daisy's presence, their now carrying her young for her. Daisy doesn't get any benefits from eating the brains of previous hosts. They sweat and are burning up as they help the little buggers grow. You might think that not being 'it' is a walk in the park, you just have to find the cure and escape. But other players are no longer on your side, you're a threat to them. Daisy knows where her children are. You can be killed by other players now, you're infected and dangerous. Maybe you make a deal or maybe they tell you they have the cure, can you trust them. 

The closer the the end of the time limit, the more desperate Daisy is to infect everyone, her attacks become quicker and her bite damage tears through lighter armour, she rips off heavier armour with her body as she comes farther out of her host. It should be disturbing and visceral enough to trigger a response and get some good scares. Daisy's ex-hosts, keep their wounds and if they don't get the cure, her young start eating them inflicting more damage. 

In a way Daisy makes them Slashers, she is the mask when she emerges from a host. She splits open down her sides forming four to six petals, turning partially inside out to wrap around their cheeks and ears, leaving there eyes uncovered. Daisy is lined with rows of very small sharp teeth, she twists her way through skin, muscle and even breaks bones out of her way. While she's in a body it shows no sign of pain or impairment, when she leaves the damage is no longer lethal as she's 'fixed' it a bit with her natural ability to regenerate her hosts enough to function. But the person is in agony, and soon the babies will be eating. 

Hope I give at least one person nightmares with Daisy, sleep well forum, tomorrow is a new day.

Edit - If you'd like me to fill in any of the ideas from the first few posts ie. The bus full of prisoners idea, for example. Leave a like, you don't even have to comment.

Make an in depth CAK....basically like a create a wrestler like in the WWE games but based on the gameplay of this one, you wouldn't be tied to a license and the groundwork is already there you'll mostly be changing assets. Id buy it. I mean you can get pretty creative in those wrestling games...

Posted (edited)

I've just asked wes about making an  new killer game.

I'll link this topic with the post i just made.

Good idea btw.

"An in depth CAK"... 

I would suggest changing that title buddy lol.

Edited by Freddie Mercury

Easiest thing to if they wanted to continue to develop this into a different property game is make it a Hatchet/Victor Crowley game and re-skin/alter everything to look like the Louisiana Bayou. I'm sure Adam Green would love it and back it fully & Kane played Victor Crawley so they can use the mocap already done with him.

I'd say that the killer would need a set "size", but beyond that you'd be able to customize clothing and details, if they have a mask or not, and so on.

Make it like F13 (without the bugs), some nice kills, various weapons, assignable abilities for the killer, and basically mostly the same game but better. Just remove the ability to KILL the killer, the rules should be either escape or survive the night. No exceptions.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not that I don't like your idea, I do. Just it should be merged as it repeats an idea on page one.

@NthnButAGoodTime, merge if it's appropriate, thanks.

You know? A merge seems appropriate. Let's gather everyone that wants to talk about CAK all in one place.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

Make an in depth CAK

If you're interested in a title change let me know. Sorry my request was sudden.

I'm interested in what you think a good killer system needs. Should it be about weapons or tried to powers?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If you're interested in a title change let me know. Sorry my request was sudden.

I'm interested in what you think a good killer system needs. Should it be about weapons or tried to powers?

Possibly tie it to the map, for instance on a map that takes place in a cross between hell and earth maybe you only have access to killers with powers for example Pinhead but on a map that takes place at the lake you only have access to slashes that way the maps can be balanced easier than if you just allowed everything. Obviously certain powers would have to be allowed for slashers but we aren't there yet lol.

I can't in good faith buy anything else from these guys. If the presentation of Friday had been smoother it would have been a different story. But we put up with a ton of bugs just to play the game. 

I feel a bit the same way, we were all here for the love of the franchise at the end of the day. We are very lucky and grateful for a great game, but honestly overall everything was pretty shite and if we weren't so passionate about the source material we would've wiped our hands long ago. 

So this week, I think I'm going to get that idea down, the one that isn't done but that should be explainable. I've been trying to balance it in my head but to be honest it's a little bigger and more complex than my other ideas. I'm only comfortable sharing the Killers side of it at this point as I feel the Survivor side isn't ready for you. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read through my ideas, I hope you have enjoyed them, now on with the show.

Build a Killer system:

A base stat system will be in place for the killers, it might be that you select a survivor build think F13. So your Killer starts with Buggsy's or Jenny's traits, composer, strength, stealth. All the stats might not make it into this system, luck for example might be dropped. After selecting Body type and Stats, your next step is fairly simple, using cosmetic applications and clothing you select your Killers look and add features like scars, tattoos or any other features you've unlocked or purchased. These additional features can have game effects, so to use Part Six as an example, he has a machete sheath and pouches. These clothing items could give a killer the ability to carry a second weapon and extra small devices or effects. 

-Note a Killer with high composure does suffer as many slip ups or the same lack of control that low composure on does. Your hands might shake more, or your camera bob might increase.

You're almost done with designing the Killers appearance, but a few things are missing. First up is your mask, this will come in an ever increasing variety. Mascots head, hard face masks, soft pull overs, make up (tattoos/scars), I would have a very fun time, doing the art review for this, so many notes. The masks would come with season passes, ensuring your player base always has a reason to come back. Last but not least weapons, blades, clubs, spears, powertools (chainsaws). Killers can start with any tier weapon that they have. 

At the first teir you have unmodified weapons, these can all be acquired by survivors during matches. The Killer ones have cooler skins than the plain skins that spawn during matches, for example a carving knife in a wood block has a normal handle, the killers has had a belt affixed to the handle so it can't be dropped.

At the second tire you have modified weapons, ie sharpened/serrated knives, bats with nails. Some of these weapons can be made during a match by Survivors, some second tier Survivor weapons are first tier killer weapon, ie the carving knife from above. Killer second tier weapons have unique skins, the bat with nail may have barbed wire wrapped around it for example. Longer weapons with greater reach are also at this level.

The third tier is where things get interesting, power tools and range are now an option for the killer. Bows/crossbows, harpoon guns, shotguns with special ammo like bean bag rounds that do trauma and knock survivors down. Ranged weapons come with very limited ammo, or will be locked in a specific mode. The third tier also contains more unique melee weapons and at this level they can give you supernatural bonuses, I feel that since the range aspect needs to be limited there should be a balance made by giving players that earn it, truly powerful weapons that should inspire fear in the Survivors. If you see a chainsaw, you know you should run, and that barricades can be brought low. At least you'll hear them coming. 

The last part is the hardest to explain, Skills and Powers. I haven't nailed down the categories so bear with me. Your Killer is going to select a primary, secondary and territiary categories out of the options below. Each option has a pyramid of five tiers, at the beginning you'll only see the smaller three tiers in the centre. So the smaller pyramid in the larger.

You get one primary pyramid, two secondary pyramids and three territiary pyramids. You start the game with the centre dot in each pyramids lowest level. So you will have at least one skill/power in each, some are powerful others you might never use but you get them all the same. The points for each level can be traded to other skills/powers at the same level, or at a loss to a lower tier. At the start only Primary Categories can be selected.

The Primary Categories 

1. Slasher, your pyramid is all about damage and attacking, melee or hand to hand. 
  2. Trapper, your traps are your primary weapon, you lay them and wait to strike. This will extend up to entire set pieces. But will mostly be about making the Survivors slow as they must avoid a multitude of little annoying setbacks. At the middle dot you have the basic alarm traps, you need at least on upgrade to have damage. 
  3. Unkillable Monster, This is the pyramid for those who want to punish the dancers, the more powers/skills you acquire the faster you recover. Some powers might have detrimental side effects like weakness to balance it. The centre dot is, you always get back up, but with only that you might get stunned for a long time.
  4. Stealth, how quiet is your Killer, can they sprint and not make a sound. Do they use hiding spots. Stealth is all of these things and more. When you garrotte a Survivor does anyone hear?
  5. Movement, the low tiers are just thing like running, but by the highest tiers your looking at everything from Shift to Morph to powers like wall walking both up and through.
  6. Tracking, These are how you find the Survivors, sure you could rely on bell traps or rat trap with caps but wouldn't you rather be able to say, "I can see you", and have a Survivor shit themselves.

Secondary Categories - These are potentials for the higher level Killers, it could keep the story moving or expand the game in interesting ways. None of them necessarily need to be in the game.

1. Environment, centre dot is a map. At higher levels it allows you to manipulate the map and environment to kill Survivors. It pares with Trapper to make a dangerous game.
  2. Magic, centre dot lets a Killer identify magic items or effects. Other levels act as powers ranging from combat to defence, to tracking. 
  3. Psionic's, centre dot is a warning sign that your being effected by a Survivors mental powers. As a psychic Killer you have similar abilities to a magic Killer but the effects are stronger in some areas and weaker in others, they should each be balanced against the other.
  4. Technology, I don't have anything solid worked out for this, but was thinking that it could give access to weapon upgrades, vehicles and other fun things that might make being the Killer interesting. The low levels are things like cameras. 

I hope that mostly makes sense. I think you could build an incredible number of different killers using this system. It allows for interesting progression and the possibility of creating a lot of different play styles. 

*Feedback would be appreciated.

I watched all Friday movies again there major misteak made in this game one we don't have right consler in movie in right maps plus there name changed 2 Jason most time using his mishete in movie 3 part 8 map never in game so he's pointless in this game 4 map compared to movie look nothing alike and 5 they way game set up nothing like movie.  Also for record part x Jason not new content because he's in game coding so they should just give to us and game has future in devs can win Court case.