Sign in to follow this  

If the court case looks like its going to drag on. I'm wondering if they could just strip the F13 copyright material out of the game. The games core programming isn't F13 property, so they should be able to continue using it. What I think they should do, assuming it's possible, is build a new game. They can make an original game, and it could be better than this one. This game has so much potential, that's just going to disappear into the ether, if we don't make it clear that we're not done with the game.

So why not make an new game, using the old game minus the material that is under court order.

The Sequel or Volume 2, are just titles. In fact, the story I'd add would make it clear that this game isn't a sequel to F13 but too a different group of Slashers entirely. All the old restrictions can be rethought, we don't have to try and keep it connected to the F13 mythos in fact we should avoid duplicating anything from F13. This wouldn't be a bad thing, it would mean new settings/maps, a revamped perk system that might even add more elements to character generation. We could get a character builder, for survivors and killers. Imagine a game that lets you build your killer, using tropes and assets. 

This genre of game is just getting started, the teams at Gun and illfonic have a huge head start if they choose to make use of it, and no game has really developed what could develop. Those that say their is a clear winner because of popularity or aesthetic are short sighted, they can see that this genre is here to stay but not that it is going to change. The company that takes asymmetrical multiplayer from the side scroller it is into the RPG it could be will have made history. This game is a very beautiful chapter in some future book or documentary.

I'll come in a bit, and add more if people are interested, I have ideas, it's what I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

So why not make an new game, using the old game minus the material that is under court order.

Because this isn't the end... Everyone is giving up on them, doesn't mean they're giving up on anything.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because this isn't the end... Everyone is giving up on them, doesn't mean they're giving up on anything.

59 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

if we don't make it clear that we're not done with the game.

I'm not giving up, I'm just saying they have options. 

I love this game, I'm a Jason fan. Jason is in court for the foreseeable future and the Devs, Gun and illfonic have to make decisions about more than just this game. I want them to fight and win and carry on as if it was just a bump in the road, if that's not possible, then something else needs to replace it. That something, if not being built now, needs to be built soon. A different dev team didn't give me this game, this dev team did. They gave us this game, if Jason brought you here awesome, if the game kept you playing because it was fun, that's even better. If they work on a new asymmetrical game, and F13 is freed, great they have options then. 

I'm more concerned that the Devs are as heartbroken as I am and they decide that the trolls on the forum should win by default, when the Devs move on to escape the negativity. 

I think we're on hold for the foreseeable future, that time needs to be spent getting things in place for the future. I can't help with the court case, but I can help by letting them know that their dream was a good one, that other people share it, that it can grow.

• Thanks 3

I'd rather see a new game, different setting and killers refined smoother and bug free mechanics. Trying to salvage this current game would be a mistake. 

I'd like something with a texas Chainsaw vibe. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Truth said:

I see you post a lot and I always appreciate your opinion so I wonder, do you think it is possible that they could continue releasing maps, clothes, ect. So long as it has nothing to do with the franchise?

13 minutes ago, FinalBoy said:

I see you post a lot and I always appreciate your opinion so I wonder, do you think it is possible that they could continue releasing maps, clothes, ect. So long as it has nothing to do with the franchise?

When the lawsuit is settled, yes. Neither side of the lawsuit wants the franchise to die. This is really just to cover their own asses in case shit hits the fan. If they were to continue releasing content, then the game (and the money from the game) would be at risk. This is essentially just to protect them from any royalties that might be due after the judgement.

Until then, they could still turn things around and get back on track. This gives them time to fix the problems at hand. I also feel like they focused more on the content (and released with bugs) because they knew this would happen eventually. They got the content out before it was too late and now they can get it right.

I'm not an optimistic person, but nobody who cares about what they do would settle for what we have now. They would keep working at it until it's right.

• Like 1

@Truth, Two sides to every coin. We're a tossed coin at this point. Your side could come up (this would be ideal), and we get back on track. My side could be showing and if they have spent the time and money to build a new game. Then when it drops they have a prebuilt market, and competition that either doesn't do consoles or has failed to innovate. If they have spent this time in meetings, planning for the future, and spending the money to try again, they have a future and so does this community. If they move on, beyond maintaining servers, then it is over. 

I quite selfishly want this to not be the end of the game or the community.

@Slasher_Clone Now is not the time for them to focus on a similar game. Now is the time for them to get this game right. Us being split on this doesn't help anyone. We need to show them that we still care.

• Thanks 1

I'd Love a New Game, One with less bugs that is.

I'm sure they could come up with Something, Maybe not focused around Camps any more, Could be an interesting game and THEY COULD ALSO FINALLY ADD A MURDER MYSTERY MODE!

• Like 1

This is me showing I still care, based on their statements, bug fixes, servers and maintenance are all the future currently holds. I'm sure if they can get back on track they will, I really do love this game and I believe they do too. It is the only one like it, the other games in the genre are ok but this game has legs. It can go somewhere, it did it went to court, or a ruling or order included it, We don't know. I wish we did. 

The Devs can move on, if they're discussing their company's future, I assume they have different paths they can choose. I need them to make the emotional decision to keep following their dreams. To know better than I do, their legal options and how that is likely to shape their future. I want them to know that we like this enough that this happening doesn't have to be the end of this journey we've gone so far on. 

1 hour ago, Truth said:

@Slasher_Clone Now is not the time for them to focus on a similar game. Now is the time for them to get this game right. Us being split on this doesn't help anyone. We need to show them that we still care.

I just want to point out that your living in one moment, when really this is more like a forum post you haven't read yet, it happened at some point in the past but only becomes relevant when you read it. I hope the meetings haven't happened or are still happening, it might be to late.

A company that makes a decision like this one, is no longer at that moment that your still processing. It didn't just happen for them, it just happened for us. They've gone the math enough to know that servers are coming, and assigned people to bug fixes and maintenance. What are all the other people working on, they've probably been shuffled around a bit or will be shortly.

I think my response even though it's only one day in, is probably to late to be brought up at any meeting that could matter. I still posted it and think that it could pay off for them as a business move. They can rise from the ashes and end up in a better position, this forum has given them enough ideas to be an advantage when building a new game. It might be too late but if it isn't, then our best shot is inspiring them.

I hope they give us more information today, we all know they're reading.

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This game is a very beautiful chapter in some future book or documentary.

This I agree with 150%

I believe Friday the 13th: The Game actually brought something unique to the table and quite possibly kicked off a genre, at least a niche genre, that really hasn't existed. 

They ought to work on something else. In fact I'm surprised that, as far as I know, they haven't been. 

Just a couple months ago Behaviour Interactive (developer) bought back the rights from Starbreeze (publisher) for Dead by Daylight. They now completely control their property and, IMO, it was a brilliant move for them. They've got Dead by Daylight going strong and Death Garden coming up. 

I'd have loved to have seen something along these lines with Gun Media for F13. There's so much more benefit, and freedom, to having your own IP to work with. Fewer hands in the pot. 

Even if everything went perfectly with this game, and there was never a lawsuit, there was always a cap to what could come to the game. 

Anyways add more because I'm interested.

• Like 1

I'd like to say something about your post first, @DasMurich, Thank you that was a very nice way to end it.

I agree that they've played it smart over at Behaviour Interactive, I think they are making good business moves. I'm honestly impressed they are doing so well. I'm not going to rag on them, as I don't have anything against them but I agree with whoever said, comparing the two games is like comparing steak to raincoats. They aren't the same, and they don't have the same potential. With that said, they do fill a slot in the genre and trying to compete in that slot isn't a good move for this or any game. 

Ok now that that's out of the way, I can figure out what I want to say about a potential future of a game. Let's start with a wish list. What I think an asymmetrical horror game needs to take it to the next level. 

Antagonists - Multiple Hunters or Killers (that actually kill), ideally we would get to build our own appearance, abilities, weapons, gender and size/strength. Different hunters can keep the game from getting stale or repetitive. They can be named characters, but let us decide if we want a quick, quiet giant or a super tough or strong little guy or girl. Build the powers separately from the characters. 

Protagonists - I'm cool with characters like F13 has especially if they get a story mode that requires specific characters. However a progression system that allows you to pick your trope and build up you character on a specific path would be a nice addition. I'd use some of the ideas from the forum. I'd also let any character model make use of more of the inventory of assets ie. clothing, items, and other gear. That way every addition is an addition for everyone regardless of who they play. There can be crossover with the killers as well. 

Locations - Should be treated as characters, have them be part of the story. The attention to detail that we have received in the past makes me think this part isn't a concern. I think that most of the obvious ones have been covered in the suggestion threads and those ideas should be mined. Each new map should have its own quality, either a unique escape, kills or advantages/disadvantages. 

Balance - Isn't just one thing, it exists based on factors that can be seen in a game, it should be fluid. That means either a rank system that pairs you against equal skill players or that it happens in real time during a match. If the killer is powering through the survivors, the advantage should shift to the other side. This should last till the final minutes of the match, then all bets are off. This can be accomplished by having an observer or allowing dead players to participate in the match in some fashion. It may mean returning as an animal or controlling factors in the game. To prevent trolling you should have to accept this help, either as a prompt or in the lobby. It could also be debuffs that happen in real time, recharging takes a bit longer for example. Killers should be encouraged to trap players early in the game and only kill them as it becomes advantageous. Killers should be rewarded for killing two people in a short timeframe, with a buff. These are ways it could be accomplished.

Story - This is the biggest thing that the genre is missing, friday borrows its mythology from the movies and hits all the right notes to capture the feeling, it may not get to finish what it started, but it showed that you could have it work in this genre. People will play it for more than just the chase. They want to learn about the characters and earn those escapes.

Imagine for a moment being the survivor of a Slasher, you and maybe a friend or two are being taken somewhere safe by cops who say they are going to help you only to discover they've dropped you off in a new hunt. You've just escaped a murderous psycho with a hook for a hand in suburban neighbourhood, and are dropped off at a huge cemetery filled with mausoleums and a row of car like at a funeral. A girl wielding a scythe with a hole where her heart should be, starts stalking your friends and you. Other survivors are discovered, as they wake from unconsciousness, or find themselves trapped here with you and your friends, do you trust them. What if there's more than one killer, and that guy with the ax is on her side. As we figure it out new things can be added to keep us on our toes.

CP - The idea of CP is a good one, I think it could be expanded to let killers unlock advantages on the maps by spending points. Survivors would spend points to add items to the map or spawn in better locations. One would be a sure thing and the other would be abstract. What is a killer spent points to have a helper, are helpers bots or other players. 

Bots - They should be added to maps to allow for more interesting interactions and places. As the killer scares them away or kills them it can change how the survivors interact with the environment, making your way through a room full of dead people who you know normally have a chance to flee would be unnerving, did the killer somehow bar the exit on the other side. Killers that play with you taking the time to do it right. Having a bot betray you by calling the killer or being forced to hide under a dead body could also be interesting.

There are so many wonderful places this could go, an ongoing story about one small town or a cult that is arranging for a steady stream of victims to be in the wrong place at the right time, maybe people purposely trying to hunt down the killers responsible for their loss and pain. 

Maybe the killers all were being transported on a bus to a new treatment facility, but they all escaped custody. The killers might have alliances or hate each other. They might try hunting each other, if some object or Deus Ex Machina makes one of them stronger than the others temporarily, it could be fun to play the killers as victims. What if your survivor could change sides by earning a way on to that side of the game or become a hero that can be summoned to help your friends.

I think the possibilities are fairly endless, given some constraints to keep it programmable, they could write a damn fine game that lets you face off against a range of obstacles and killers. I will add more later, I know this has been kinda all over the place, but that just shows, I need constraints to work in too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Locations - Should be treated as characters, have them be part of the story.

Still reading this all over but damn...

My mind is running away - A survival game where the antagonist is the environment. Cursed forests where the killer is "shifting" from spot to spot trying to spill the blood of whoever it may be. Obstructing paths, strangling with thorny vines, sending in flocks of ravens to peck at flesh. Maybe like an Earth Has Had Enough kind of thing. 

I know that's not exactly what you're saying, just had to get that out there.

Hmmm......

Do you know what a sizzle reel is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

Still reading this all over but damn...

My mind is running away - A survival game where the antagonist is the environment. Cursed forests where the killer is "shifting" from spot to spot trying to spill the blood of whoever it may be. Obstructing paths, strangling with thorny vines, sending in flocks of ravens to peck at flesh. Maybe like an Earth Has Had Enough kind of thing. 

I know that's not exactly what you're saying, just had to get that out there.

Hmmm......

Do you know what a sizzle reel is?

Actually that could all work on one map, the magic map. A place between places that could let you move from one place to another. They could use something like that. It isn't really what I meant but it is in the bounds I set in my head. Like I said if I had some constraints it would be easier. I know that magic plays apart it, it can be written for, but in my head it sits over on the sideline. I see it as something that you work around till it's needed. I'd get back to it after building the powers for the killers, that's where the supernatural lives in this story. I was hoping to paint enough of a picture that people would fill in what they want rather than seeing things they don't. 

I personally picture it like this in one version of the potential game.

Four groups of 4/5 survivors are all coming to the woods in cars to campsites, they're all college kids and clearly each trope is represented but often with a weird spin. These are characters built by players, by combining a character model, giving them a name, and a perk build that specializes them and a trope that provides advantages and disadvantages. At the start they have no perks, doing tutorials earn you basic ones, you have to earn and find the rest. You can do some thing in camp to increase skills, practice driving. This is a lobby but exists in the game. You might even end up hunted here, in the lobby where it's supposed to be safe.

The first group is all classic builds a combat jock, a fast popular girl, a repair nerd, and a stealthy quiet girl, each of the other groups have mixed it up. The camps are all connected although it puts the higher ranked players in the nicer ones, cabins through pop tents. Your group can be friends or randoms but you all go into the lobby together. Everyone gets a spawn point that can be personalized, from tents to rooms. It might get destroyed but don't worry everything gets replaced as you saved it when you come back, those creepy 'guys' that are watching this fix it. 

If you are a killer you may have the ability to join your friends, a group can only have one secret killer. The killers for this lobby are then loaded in from a different que. If a killer drops out of a lobby a new one just can come in from the que. Before you ask, yes killers are allowed to team up with their friends in this version, but it might not be what you expect. Getting a member of your team to be a killer is one path to escape. It also lets you know there isn't a secret one in your group. Your job isn't to kill members of your group and you will be penalized for it, your job is to enter matchs that have started and steal kills, or help your friends down a killer. 

The killers then determine which areas they are going to be hunting in, they know how many other killers are going to be in the match by the number of groups and the number of them that spawn in. Secret killers are a disadvantage to them as they might attempt to steal their kills or worse steal their killer status. Killers are immortal in this game, you don't lose progress when you are killed you lose the ability to que up with other killers. This is a problem because you must then steal kills and escape to earn it back, but that can be an advantage if your good at it. Que killers have a badge, it keeps track of their kills at a set number of stars they can enter the que, if you have a badge but choose to group up with randoms or friends you can attempt to steal kills, every kill you get is added to your badge but starred if you escape, the stars determine if your able to enter a killer que. you can also kill a killer and steal his stars, a set number. If a friend has a badge but hasn't become a killer yet they can also collect stars, again a set number. If you have a badge as a survivor but your still Pure ie you haven't killed, when you are killed you lose one star. If you have no stars you lose your badge. In this way survivors become killers to increase their odds of survival.

The survivors are harder I want death to matter, I also want to encourage people to earn killer status as that makes them immortal and provides an excuse for them to keep progress. Maybe turning in badges that have a set number of stars lets you save. Being Pure should have its own advantage as well, I think it means you can be a final girl/boy, giving you the ability to kill killers, but maybe needs more to balance it. 

Becoming immortal should be a choice that players make by completing a task on each of the first five maps, and escaping. Thus opens more of the game to you but also forces you to choose which path your going to take, Killer or Hero.

Killers can upgrade to full blown supernaturals, but I haven't worked that out in my head yet. I figure it will let them have their powers all the time but means they can't be secret killers anymore. It will come later in the game anyway.

From the campsites that act as a lobby you can go with your group to any of the maps, killers will have already chosen which maps they want to hunt on, and have had time to spend CP on trapping it and changing things to their advantage. As a killer your goal is to stop them from acquiring an object or objectives. If a path to an objective is open then there is a killer waiting. The players goal is to stop the whole mad scheme. 

The five new players go out to the Insane Asylum or go into the south side of a mostly abandoned town. They're new so they don't really know what to expect. At first it seems simple everyone's supposed to go to the cafeteria or the library. When you get there things get interesting, a body is waiting, giving you your first hint as to what type of killer your up against, time to split up and search. The killer can strike at any time but it's best to let them get separated and stumble into a trap. No point is shifting the balance to soon. A smart killer sabotages the car, first. They makes sure their objective is hidden and that no other killers have slipped in the door on a motor bike or in another car. Can't do anything about the ones that pay CP to spawn in the map or that ride in with newbies.

A more experienced team splits up early, dropping people off and leaves a guard on the car. They don't wait for a killer to get any extra tricks ready. You need to search, you might find new perks in the form of badges or books. You could find a dose of the immortality thing, letting you save your progress or become a killer. You can attempt to become a killer by murdering someone after taking it, whatever it ends up being. A drink, a needle, an item like a trophy, who knows it could be anything. 

If you complete the map the objectives it's escape time, back out to the lobby to spend sometime adding perks then moving on to the next map. It could be the same killer or a new one. On the new map a player that looks like your friend but could have come in late after seeing you go in. Could they be a second killer that switched their character to look like your friend. 

Scars and tattoos could be used to make characters more unique and even the weapons or flashlights you carry or signal with could be the thing that saves you. 

I'll probably write more later, this has kinda gotten away from me. If you have questions or what more let me know. This is just one idea.

Edit - sizzle real is like a fan trailer for a movie, right. It shows off an idea, so people want more.

9 hours ago, Truth said:

When the lawsuit is settled, yes. Neither side of the lawsuit wants the franchise to die. This is really just to cover their own asses in case shit hits the fan. If they were to continue releasing content, then the game (and the money from the game) would be at risk. This is essentially just to protect them from any royalties that might be due after the judgement.

Until then, they could still turn things around and get back on track. This gives them time to fix the problems at hand. I also feel like they focused more on the content (and released with bugs) because they knew this would happen eventually. They got the content out before it was too late and now they can get it right.

I'm not an optimistic person, but nobody who cares about what they do would settle for what we have now. They would keep working at it until it's right.

I hope you are right that neither side wants the franchise to die... I have read before that Victor Miller wants to put an end to Jason. I do not know the original source of this as I have only read what others have stated, so it is just hearsay until confirmed... But I hope it is not true.
   We do not know all the facts, but I speculated in another thread that they knew about this for a while and just rushed as much content out as they could before the deadline... knowing that they could fix the bugs after when you can't create any more content.... Whether this is true or not, it does kind of make sense with how things have gone in the last few months.

My experiences in life have not made me an optimist or a pessimist... but I am a realist. I work with what I know and what I can confirm... Although I do not like to speculate, I have done so before... but I make it clear that it is speculation to the best of my ability. They say they are going to fix this buggy mess... we can only hope that they do. They cannot at this time produce new content... so they are focused on fixing it and getting those servers up. We all need to give them some time to get some working fixes pushed out... and the servers of course.
   A realist can still have hope... Just another speculation, but... if the above speculation is even close to the truth, then people judging them by their track record without knowing what was going on behind the scenes could themselves be the furthest from the truth... after all, its not like they can talk about anything even slightly related to the court case until it is settled... and it has been going on for some time and who knows when it will be settled. 

@Slasher_Clone You always have some good ideas and I read through all of them here... but I just wanted to say first, don't listen to the prophets of doom... They can preach the end is near for years and they will only ever be right when an announcement comes that the servers are closing for good. Everything ends eventually, but we have got no announcement that they are giving up on the game. No new content is not such a huge deal and they can get on fixing bugs and stuff now (and dedicated servers)…. A working game with this much content will probably sell better than a working game with less content if they did not get said content out in time. Its too bad about Uber and Grendel though, so close.
   I can't stick around to type out much more at the moment, but just a thought... The bots in the scenario you are suggesting, alongside real players... if the A.I. was good enough, not letting the killer(s) know it is a bot or a player may be a good addition as well. Just not putting up player names for the killer to see can be good enough for this... Perhaps using patterns taken from real players that initiate at certain points on a map or under set conditions could go a long way towards this as well, if something like that could be made to work. And perhaps XP is only gained (by the killers) only for killing real players, and they get nothing out of the bots except digital blood and gore.

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

And perhaps XP is only gained (by the killers) only for killing real players, and they get nothing out of the bots except digital blood and gore.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope that would be the point of the killers badge, it counts player kills and awards stars that reflect that they were indeed a player and not a bot. As for your bot improvement suggestions, I think bots could end up that way but at the start they would mostly just be fodder. 

• Like 1

@Slasher_Clone I agree with this entirely. I want them to fix the bugs and work towards a future for F13. I will keep playing and do what I can to keep this game alive and hopefully help it thrive. But they should develop a plan for their futures as well. I'm not saying they abandon F13. Build on it. Take what you made here and improve the game you have while working towards the future. I'm not saying you divide your team up. But surely you can begin planning without impacting F13. Realistically even if they stopped supporting the game today and moved on, a new game would be years out. I say get a head start on this. In the words of a certain Cardassian tailor: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

you have questions or what more let me know. This is just one idea.

I honestly have a hard time processing something like this when it's strictly text so, forgive me, I'm trying to see if I understand the concept, more or less.

Players, group A, set up and establish their own lobbies where they can group up with friends and head to Area X.

Area X is set up beforehand by a killer, trapped and strategically arranged as to be a sort of "home turf" advantage.

Group A arrives to find there is also a group B, C, and D.

Each group has one killer which is more a crafty buggy that is looking to off members of other groups.

All the while, there is still The Killer who is gunning for as many as they can get.

Each map is populated with items that lend themselves to continual progression. They can be found and stolen.

------------

Is this close? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I honestly have a hard time processing something like this when it's strictly text so, forgive me, I'm trying to see if I understand the concept, more or less.

Players, group A, set up and establish their own lobbies where they can group up with friends and head to Area X.

Area X is set up beforehand by a killer, trapped and strategically arranged as to be a sort of "home turf" advantage.

Group A arrives to find there is also a group B, C, and D.

Each group has one killer which is more a crafty buggy that is looking to off members of other groups.

All the while, there is still The Killer who is gunning for as many as they can get.

Each map is populated with items that lend themselves to continual progression. They can be found and stolen.

------------

Is this close? 

Edit sorry just reread it, there was a little confusion in my explanation. The lobby is where the groups A through D meet, they can connect to the maps the killers control, each lobby connects to so many maps. If you clear all the maps you can try to move to a higher ranking lobby. Teams can be killed and depending on how it works out you could end up being the only one in a lobby trying to get other teams to join you. This way the game is ongoing and evolving. Sometimes two groups would be set after the same objective, this way when in the lobby there's always a mission waiting, as the killers maps can be linked to multiple lobbies.  

Killers can taunt the players out the exits or with CP and try to bait more in, maybe send messages or even try coming out for a snatch and grab. Everyone is trying to level up and figure out the rules but the game is actively trying to stop you. There are only so many high level objectives and your camp could be invade if you have one and aren't keeping it hidden with constant uses of CP or special items. Groups A, B, C, and D all share a lobby, as you leave to area X, characters from area E might be on the other side coming in for the same objective. It has to do with the balance thing I was talking about in an earlier post. If a super killer has murdered three full lobbies in a row, the game gives him more targets. This also provides a way for your teams killer to reveal themselves and go head to head with an increasing number of killers.

You might call reinforcements from your camp, teams B through D, but then another killer could be on the hunt. This is balanced by the characters being able to form alliances within their own lobby. When teams die they loose their camp, as you complete all the maps and objectives connected to that camp you either continue upgrading to earn a save for your character levels, or go through a map and depending on the game, be welcomed of have to fight for a spot in the camp. If all the spots are full you could go back and try a camp on the other side of a different map and killer. When killers log off they're just replaced, their spots exist out side the game world, and they select the maps from this place. Not even sure what their lobbies look like. 

Groups A through D might all be killer free, but as you progress killers become more common. Ideally the game will reward the heroes enough that being a killer isn't always the preference, one of the best parts of playing F13 is being a counselor. This adds an element of paranoia the further up the progression mountain you get. As you go you figure out why this is all happening, working toward solving the mystery. You might be able to also figure out who the other groups killer is and kill them in camp. Little witch hunts. It could pay to be honest that you're becoming corrupt but that you haven't given in. Killers that go full on supernatural should really have to earn redemption before being allowed to become a survivor again.

This is just one way that asymmetrical horror could grow. I have other ideas, but I think this one gives you the most without going too deep into a new mythology. I might do it later, I've been enjoying this, so thanks for reading.

PS. If you have a hard time @DasMurich, it probably has more to do with my ability to write, than your ability to comprehend. I'm dyslexic and my attention span makes this extra difficult. So, no worries, ask all the questions you want. 

Definitely is an interesting concept. Lot of unexpected, unpredictable elements that would make anticipation difficult. A dash of a tribalism to it.  It would keep you on your toes and the potential for unique, varied environments would make it more tense.

Aesthetically what would use as a point of reference? 

28 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Aesthetically what would use as a point of reference? 

Ideally their would be a separate aesthetic for each type of killer that matches the type of sub genre they would be from. This question is hard to answer because the core of the game should have a very flat, mundane feeling, that way you can paint over the regular with the disturbing imagery that belongs to the Killers.

This isn't necessarily the best way to do it. The genre is still young enough that something like this could work but it really depends on the Publisher and devs. I actually prefer my idea about how to extend F13 into a full game story, as that would be much more linear to write. Today I might give it another go, with a different example. I'm sure I'll stumble on the right one eventually. I can see there's a path to bigger better things but it's fuzzy. 

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ideally their would be a separate aesthetic for each type of killer

Sorry, I was vague. 

I meant overall. Realism like Friday the 13th went for, more stylized with painterly touches like DbD, maybe something very stylized like you'd see from maybe Blizzard.

Hmmm....there's mainly 2 things i still want from this game,but i'm not sure how the lawsuit would affect them.

1. So far,the offline modes are download content/updates.Having the game re-released at some point with the offline modes on a physical disc,like an Ultimate Edition would be nice.I'd like to keep playing the offline mode forever,long after the game ends.I've had to replace a few defective systems in my time,and i don't want to lose the offline modes at a later date.

2. I'd also like to se an offline counselor mode at some point,even if it's a challenge mode type thing,which i'm not too good at.Just some more options for us offline-only players like myself.I don't play online due to my learning disability,plus the fact that i'm not really into player vs player games,i'm more of a single player or co-op player.