lately i been hating this game and the devs a lot but i already had my moneys worth wit 150 hours and 2 purchases for pc and console. if you got under 2 hours on steam you can refund it easily and get the money back in ur steam wallet, otherwise youre pretty much out of luck.

11 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Theres a thread for how an Halloween game should be done .I plus many others gave great suggestions.

I just looked at it.  I like the ideas.  I tend to only look at this section and the About the Game section and the patch notes section.

So you want a refund only for the fact you didn't get free DLC content? If you bought a season pass or a digital deluxe edition I would agree, but you bought the standard game and since there isn't any season pass or deluxe edition there's no way you're getting a refund with the game servers still up. DLC is always an afterthought, you should have thought about that before buying the game. 

7 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

So you want a refund only for the fact you didn't get free DLC content? If you bought a season pass or a digital deluxe edition I would agree, but you bought the standard game and since there isn't any season pass or deluxe edition there's no way you're getting a refund with the game servers still up. DLC is always an afterthought, you should have thought about that before buying the game. 

Nah, not just that. The core game being in such a broken state for most of the time since we bought it is also a big part of that. At least before the lawsuit there was a reason to hold on and hope that they would at least continue to try to fix the game and release new content. This is the only reason a number of us didn't just get a refund on steam within the first 2 hours of playing. Now they have no compelling reason to fix anything since new players are going to be virtually non-existent.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ns7979 said:

Nah, not just that. The core game being in such a broken state for most of the time since we bought it is also a big part of that. At least before the lawsuit there was a reason to hold on and hope that they would at least continue to try to fix the game and release new content. This is the only reason a number of us didn't just get a refund on steam within the first 2 hours of playing. Now they have no compelling reason to fix anything since new players are going to be virtually non-existent.

I actually got a refund with Microsoft when I bought this digitally because the state it was released in was far worse than PC/PS4 with almost every match ending because you would crash (yes it was that bad on Xbox) and if you didn't crash the host would and it would end the game. Eventually it got better and even though and even being refunded they let me keep the game after I notified them the game was still in my digital library after my refund. I did eventually buy the game though on PlayStation when I got my PS4 this past year. 

I have no regrets. 30 bucks for many great experiences and fun sessions. I don’t think they owe anyone a refund who have had the game for more than 30 days.

It said on the road map it was subject to change. It's not a promise of these things, just them telling you their plans. 

2 hours ago, ns7979 said:

New players are going to be non-existent? There's new people buying this game everyday. I don't plan to stop playing it. The entertainment aspect of the game is still there. They said they were going to continue to support the game and resolve issues. Even if they didn't fix the issues they have now, the game is still playable.

The logic you are using about a refund at this point would be the same as if I went into a grocery store and told them that I wanted a refund for a stick of chewing gum I had been chewing on for two months because it had lost it's flavor.

By this time last year I had already gotten my $40's worth . Easily and by far.  The experience was only improved upon since then, ( with a few notable exceptions of course). 

4 hours ago, Truth said:

I bought the game twice, and I DEFINITELY got my money's worth...

Twice? Damn...that's hardcore.

BTW, glad we seem to have gotten over our silly spat in short order.

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Twice? Damn...that's hardcore.

BTW, glad we seem to have gotten over our silly spat in short order.

Well I bought a physical copy to have Kane Hodder sign. I opened it at the table then saw he was charging $40 for signatures. Didn't care that much lol

I also couldn't return it because it was open so I just installed the disc dlc and gave it to my buddy.

I try not to let arguments carry over to other threads. Just because we disagree on one thing (no matter how heated it gets), doesn't mean we won't agree on other things.

Me and @HuDawg argue all the time. Doesn't mean I don't respect/agree with other things he says.

Edit: Plus, this isn't the time for us to argue. This is the time for us to show our support.

• Like 1

STFU with your refunding a$$ crap . Dear lord people ! If  people in war gave up so easy things would be way worse this day. You  jump ship belly ups make me sick, really?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well I bought a physical copy to have Kane Hodder sign. I opened it at the table then saw he was charging $40 for signatures. Didn't care that much lol

$40? Damn. Was this a run-of-the-mill horror con or some other type of event? I've met Kane at cons before and he only charged for an autograph if you bought one of his publicity shots (which I think were $15 or $20?). He would sign other stuff for free.

Of course, this was about 10 years ago...maybe he's gotten all about the Benjamins in recent years?

12 hours ago, ns7979 said:

So me and several members of my family bought several copies of the game based on the promise of future content that was on the roadmap when we purchased the game.

Since this isn't going to happen due to legal issues we'd like to know how to go about getting refunds for this game.

Thanks in advance. 

Grow up

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

$40? Damn. Was this a run-of-the-mill horror con or some other type of event? I've met Kane at cons before and he only charged for an autograph if you bought one of his publicity shots (which I think were $15 or $20?). He would sign other stuff for free.

Of course, this was about 10 years ago...maybe he's gotten all about the Benjamins in recent years?

Yup, $40... It was a small horror con (forgot what it was called). Other people had signings listed on the cons website and specified a price, but not Kane. He had a little sign at the booth and someone else collecting the cash. I'm pretty sure it was an "off the books" sort of deal. I wasn't very happy about that since that was the whole reason I went. I don't care who you are, I'm not paying $40 for you to write your fucking name...

Everyone saying that you played so many hours so you got your money worth well let me just say this $40 or even 60 is a hell  of a steep price for a game rental when I buy games because I want to be able to play them.

I've bought games for $30 back in 2010 that I can still go back and play, right now unfortunately

because this game only has one really solid game mode on it which requires online play they should consider giving people their money back that bought the game on the idea that the game  was going to be Completed.

Just now, Frighteningicon said:

Everyone saying that you played so many hours so you got your money worth well let me just say this $40 or even 60 is a hell  of a steep price for a game rental when I buy games because I want to be able to play them.

I've bought games for $30 back in 2010 that I can still go back and play, right now unfortunately

because this game only has one really solid game mode on it which requires online play they should consider giving people their money back that bought the game on the idea that the game  was going to be Completed.

If you are asking for your money back, maybe you shouldn't be spending so much on video games in the first place.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

He has. At a con I went to about 11 years ago, I bought an 8X10 and got the autograph. I then asked if he would sign my copy of Crystal Lake Memories. I got "Sure, for another $25."

4 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its only $40...

Apparently, $40 is a lot of money to some people. Go figure.

To the OP, it's unlikely you'll get your money back. I bought 8 copies of the game for my household, and sprang for the majority of the DLC. I'm not upset in the least about the investment. The game isn't technically done yet, so I'll see how it goes. If it stops for good, I've had my fun with it. If it keeps going, I'll continue to have fun with it. Money isn't everything, remember that.

2 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

He has. At a con I went to about 11 years ago, I bought an 8X10 and got the autograph. I then asked if he would sign my copy of Crystal Lake Memories. I got "Sure, for another $25."

I remember the days when celebs gave autographs for free. Times have changed.

20 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

If you are asking for your money back, maybe you shouldn't be spending so much on video games in the first place.

I'm not asking for any money back I feel like I've got my money's worth out of the game, I'm just saying for people that came into the game late it should be completely possible for them to get their money back if they bought the game  on the assumption that that map would be completed... I mean a few months ago if you bought the game you probably thought all there's going to be new game mode coming to it there's going to be a ton of content added to the game that's called  false advertising….

35 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

I'm not asking for any money back I feel like I've got my money's worth out of the game, I'm just saying for people that came into the game late it should be completely possible for them to get their money back if they bought the game  on the assumption that that map would be completed... I mean a few months ago if you bought the game you probably thought all there's going to be new game mode coming to it there's going to be a ton of content added to the game that's called  false advertising….

I would say if you're someone who bought the game within the last couple of weeks, you should have a legitimate right to getting a refund.  if you bought emotes/kill packs - the J2 I'm staring right at you kill pack in the last two weeks, you should get your money back.  Of course if you decided to go that route, that means you'd have no access to the game or those DLC options, but that option should still be presented.

In fact, at this point, I believe that everyone who purchased the J2 kill pack should be refunded since that was released less than 2 weeks ago.  if Gun was sitting on yesterday's knowledge when they released the J2 pack, that is extremely shady. 

15 hours ago, ns7979 said:

So me and several members of my family bought several copies of the game based on the promise of future content that was on the roadmap when we purchased the game.

Since this isn't going to happen due to legal issues we'd like to know how to go about getting refunds for this game.

Thanks in advance. 

HAHAHA. Oh you're serious?

You have no claim to a refund. Your purchase was as/is - there was no guarantee of anything. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

I would say if you're someone who bought the game within the last couple of weeks, you should have a legitimate right to getting a refund.  if you bought emotes/kill packs - the J2 I'm staring right at you kill pack in the last two weeks, you should get your money back.  Of course if you decided to go that route, that means you'd have no access to the game or those DLC options, but that option should still be presented.

In fact, at this point, I believe that everyone who purchased the J2 kill pack should be refunded since that was released less than 2 weeks ago.  if Gun was sitting on yesterday's knowledge when they released the J2 pack, that is extremely shady. 

Except there is nothing stopping you from using those DLC packs. The game is still running. The devs are still working on bugs/fixes. If the game were actually sunset and no longer accessible you MAY have a claim, but that is a big "may."